Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > General

I just bought a Disco 3 !
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
MX

United Kingdom 
I just bought a Disco 3 !

After months of deliberation I have got rid of my trusty TD5 Landmark and acquired a nearly new TDV6 SE ........ with lots of toys!

What a car.

glad that I will be able to communicate with likeminded disco owners......just how much better than X3, X5, XC90, Merc ML, Mitsubishi anything is this car.........

Very impressed

Post #456034th Mar 2006 6:41 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Jenko

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3
Re: I just bought a Disco 3 !

mxgeldar7 wrote:
After months of deliberation I have got rid of my trusty TD5 Landmark and acquired a nearly new TDV6 SE ........ with lots of toys!

What a car.

glad that I will be able to communicate with likeminded disco owners......just how much better than X3, X5, XC90, Merc ML, Mitsubishi anything is this car.........

Very impressed

Well done mate - good to see someone else from the northwest - buy it from hartwell st helens???

Post #456164th Mar 2006 7:44 pm
J T

England 

Snap.... Smile Just traded are freelander for a disco 3.

I was concerned about the resale value of the freelander as the new model comes out in November,

What can I say tdv6......awesome. Just got to wait a week to pick her up.

Post #456174th Mar 2006 7:46 pm
MX

United Kingdom 
I love my disco3 !

I did buy it from Hartwells St Helens - and am reasonably happy with their service so far. They were always on the ball with the TD5 and I know the history of this car (it was the Service Managers demo) .... so 4K miles and a fully loaded SE. Only need a couple of bits to make it HSE standard ....... maybe I'll be on ebay later!

The only serious competitor was the XC90 'cos Freelander is hopeless ... X3/X5 are awful and the Merc is unreliable - have I missed any serious competitors? (Well the Ferrari Enzo I really want is no good off road I believe) Laughing Cant believe how poor the XC90 is onroad and for access to the vehicle rear seats.......

Might go and clean my Disco again soon.....I think it looks a little dirty since I cleaned it last night!

Laters

Post #456955th Mar 2006 11:43 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Pelyma

England 

Has anyone driven the new ML, I followed one the other day a 320 CDI and it was blisteringly fast to my standard TDV6. What they don't have it seems though is the breadth of D3's capabilities
 DS3 TDV6 HSE - Silver with Alpaca (old one) Gone
DS3 TDV6 HSE- Silver with Alpaca (new one) Gone
D4 HSE Lux - Montalcino Red Gone
Porsche Cayenne V8 Diesel S 

Post #456985th Mar 2006 11:59 am
Jenko

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3
Re: I love my disco3 !

mxgeldar7 wrote:
I did buy it from Hartwells St Helens - and am reasonably happy with their service so far. They were always on the ball with the TD5 and I know the history of this car (it was the Service Managers demo) .... so 4K miles and a fully loaded SE. Only need a couple of bits to make it HSE standard ....... maybe I'll be on ebay later!

The only serious competitor was the XC90 'cos Freelander is hopeless ... X3/X5 are awful and the Merc is unreliable - have I missed any serious competitors? (Well the Ferrari Enzo I really want is no good off road I believe) Laughing Cant believe how poor the XC90 is onroad and for access to the vehicle rear seats.......

Might go and clean my Disco again soon.....I think it looks a little dirty since I cleaned it last night!

Laters

yeah I find hartwells to be good on customer service - oil level dropped a smidge after 1000mls - apparently normal called in and they topped it up no probs.

As for ML - not driven but a friend has one - boot is rather small!!!!!!!

Post #457005th Mar 2006 12:25 pm
Ken

Got rid of my ML because you has to buy an off road pack if you wanted air springs and low gearbox with the new one, the D3 won hands down. The Old ML was pretty good off road thou (only with BFG AT on) photo in gallery

Post #457025th Mar 2006 12:46 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >