Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > My Discovery 3

Am I just Lucky
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
RLD
Uncle Ray 

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

i have had mine now 4 years and only a few niggles and will have to keep it a bit longer to Thumbs Up
 Home of RLD Hidden winch mounts Spare wheel Locks Trailer Body Fabrication [email protected] D3/4 sump plates MY 14 sump plates and the Discovery Sport wheel protectors Discovery 5 wheel locks
more Helsport tents and other things for camping Law of Mechanical Repair:
"After your hands are coated with grease, your nose will begin to itch and you'll have to pee!" 

Post #47131523rd May 2009 7:31 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
AndrewS
Tarquin of the Desert 

United Kingdom 

Had the Red Pearl since March 07, Cant complain TBH as its worked very hard. Thumbs Up
 In the Beginning there was nothing, which exploded.  
Post #47132523rd May 2009 8:29 am
character

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Alaska WhiteDiscovery 3

On the road Jan 2008, 110,000 miles plus in the last 14 months, EGR valve failure (Nov 08 ), n/s front diff (Easter 09 ), 2x EPB (July 08 & May 09), Lower Water Hose fell off (Aug 08 ), gearbox flush (April 09).

I guess we've seen a "reasonable" amount of common issues, but hey, he's earnt the right Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

Post #47133023rd May 2009 9:00 am
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

My last D3 did 120k miles over 4 1/2 years, and was really quite good. A few things fell off, and the epb was a pain, but electronics and engine were excellent, with no failed turbo or egr valves. She was always driven quite hard though, but never complained.

The new one has so far had new headlamps and a seat, but I've only done 5k in it so its too early to judge.

Post #47133223rd May 2009 9:03 am
NoDo$h

Ukraine 

I'm lucky. My D3s have been bought through my own hard work, not from A once-in-a-lifetime inheritance.
 I know it's not considered "kind" to say no these days, but no. Just no, ok? And if it's not ok, still no.  
Post #47133323rd May 2009 9:04 am
stewmair

Australia 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Two years and a bit. Had a flat climbing in shale. Car great, one tyre a failure. What are people doing to their cars? Two early rangies (one wore out panels from lotsa off road) one disco 1 ,used all over Australia, now TDV6 SE and never a lemon. Nor was my mini in the 60's. Only crook cars I've had were an early holden commodore wot blew welch plugs and a 505 with a fuel pump wot sucked air all it life. Rule Britannia!
 Cooper S/Ts, Dynamic 17x7s, Rotronics 3 way battery control, Boab drawers, Polaris camera, Mitch Bros tow, 4x4Intell wheel carrier and cargo barrier, Obie's rear wndow protector, Windcheetah roofrack, Featherlite rooftop tent, Faultmate, Trakmaster Nullabor 17. VK3PR VHF UHF.
Rover 75 

Post #4747001st Jun 2009 5:38 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >