Am I a proper D3 owner now?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>
Mossy

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Banging Head

Been there... and have the bruises ...

To quote Chaka Kahn; "I Feel For You!!"

PS. D3 Ownership does get better... it's just all the helpful people connected to LR that sometimes get in the way! Sad
 D3 HSE V8...  
Post #4347921st Feb 2006 6:44 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Robbie

United Kingdom 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Baltic BlueDiscovery 4

Mossy wrote:
Banging Head

Been there... and have the bruises ...

To quote Chaka Kahn; "I Feel For You!!"

PS. D3 Ownership does get better... it's just all the helpful people connected to LR that sometimes get in the way! Sad

Thanks, it's only a sense of humour that has got me through the day.

Although I have no idea if my car will be fixed first time, my dealings with the dealer have been nothing but positive so far. Indeed, they seem as dissapointed with LRA as I am. The dealer did not have kind words for them and it would seem that I am not the first to be let down in this way.

Missing my Audi now.

Post #4348321st Feb 2006 6:53 pm
MVS

Sounds about par for the course for LRCS. Try and take a name and speak to the same operator, better still ask to speak to a supervisor.

Last year when I had probs with my first one it ended up with my dealer putting a tow bar on a Def 90 so I could have it to tow for 2 weeks in August.

So my best suggestion would also be to speak to your dealer's sales manager at least, or ask to speak to the dealer principle by name (find his name on the dealers web-site) and suggest politely that you are not happy/ it's not good enough etc, and ask him to do something about it, since his dealership sold you the car in the first place.

Post #4348521st Feb 2006 7:13 pm
Robbie

Thanks for the well-reasoned advice. Indeed, it was the dealer principal that triggered the extra response from LRCS. This is the dealer where my car is at, rather than the dealer I bought it from; but they seem very willing to help in any way they can. They also seem to be making max effort to get the car back on the road, given the situation.

Still no car though and no call-back from LRCS (strange how other peoples 5 mins seem more like 45 mins).

Post #4348621st Feb 2006 7:21 pm
MVS

Sorry to hear that.
You could still approach your supplying dealer if they are reasonably local. Or have you fallen out with them?

Post #4348721st Feb 2006 7:26 pm
BrianX

Location: Bolton UK - it may be 'grim up north' but at least you get gravy on yer' chips.

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

If it's any consolation, I moved from an Audi (A8 Sport) to a D3, and Audi support was equally as dire! Perhaps I don't get as fazed because this is the level of disservice that I have grown used to.
 '
'
'05 Disco3 TDV6 - gone
'06 Disco3 TDV6 - gone
'08 Freelander 2 - gone
'98 P38 V8/LPG - gone
'02 L322 V8 - gone
'02 Freelander 1 - gone
'05 Disco 3 TDV6 - SWMBO
'06 L322 V8 - current

Post #4348821st Feb 2006 7:31 pm
Robbie

MVS wrote:
Sorry to hear that.
You could still approach your supplying dealer if they are reasonably local. Or have you fallen out with them?

We are still friends (!) with the supllying dealer, but it's over a hour away.

Can't fault the dealer stuck in the middle of this. If LRA or LRCS had not given so many false hopes then perhaps the dealer would have had more time to sort something out.

Anyway, they are still having problems finding a car. Which is funny, as Corsa (base model, manual) has just appeared on the drive. The guy who dropped it off mentioned the poor idle on the car and stressed the number of their break-down service.

Perhaps I am in a coma in some hospital somewhere and this is all a figment of a drug induced dream...

I hope my car is fixed tomorrow.

Regards to all.

Post #4349221st Feb 2006 7:48 pm
MVS

Sadly there must be many of us suffering, or having suffered the same LRCS induced 'coma' situation. Myself included. Patience is a definite vitrue, as LR, their dealers LRCS, and LRA, and their (Ford's hire car service) are a 'joined up service' in LR's eyes only.

Sadly Skoda don't yet do a big off roader so I will stay happy now my third D3 is here and working!

Post #4349421st Feb 2006 7:55 pm
SN

MVS wrote:

Sadly Skoda don't yet do a big off roader ...
You gotta be kiddin', right? Steve N | 21MY Defender | 08MY Discovery 3 (history) | 06MY Discovery 3 (ancient history)   
Post #4350421st Feb 2006 8:35 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
MVS

Nope, if they did a version of the Cayenne/Toe-rag/Q7, chances are it would be an efficient, cost effective solution to my needs.
I don't think that all the jokes of the 70's and 80's ever did the cars justice, even then.
We currently also run a Fabia (now 3yrs old, never missed a beat), which is excellent, as is their service.

Post #4350521st Feb 2006 8:43 pm
SN

MVS wrote:
Nope, if they did a version of the Cayenne/Toe-rag/Q7, chances are it would be an efficient, cost effective solution to my needs.
I don't think that all the jokes of the 70's and 80's ever did the cars justice, even then.
We currently also run a Fabia (now 3yrs old, never missed a beat), which is excellent, as is their service.
Agreed, in principle. Fabia is a Polo in Czech clothing I believe - which begs the question, how do VAG (and BMW et al) get away with charging the premium they do for their tin? (apologies to all Germans reading this) Steve N | 21MY Defender | 08MY Discovery 3 (history) | 06MY Discovery 3 (ancient history)   
Post #4351421st Feb 2006 9:13 pm
MVS

Cos us saps out here are often more bothered about the badge on the front than it's price or abilities. Life at present in the UK is far too image,marketing, and sadly 'keeping up with the Jones's' orientated.

Post #4354621st Feb 2006 10:49 pm
SN

MVS wrote:
Cos us saps out here are often more bothered about the badge on the front than it's price or abilities. Life at present in the UK is far too image,marketing, and sadly 'keeping up with the Jones's' orientated.
...which just about describes the origins of D3 'permagrin' I suppose... Confused Steve N | 21MY Defender | 08MY Discovery 3 (history) | 06MY Discovery 3 (ancient history)   
Post #4356021st Feb 2006 11:06 pm
10forcash

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Naaaaaa... thats purely due to its abilities, if it was 'keeping up with the jones's / beckhams' we'd be buying RRs's or Rangies Sad

Post #4356221st Feb 2006 11:45 pm
jd

Scotland 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3
not proper owner yet

Sorry to read about your problems.

Wait till you have had the car a few more weeks, then you will really get to know all about Land Rover customer care.

I've had a new Turbo unit, new steering rack, new modefied handbrake unit some brake sensor and now the cars back in having the gearbox removed.

And they wonder why I want my money back....

Cheer up and buy a Toyota

Post #4357022nd Feb 2006 12:44 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >