Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > My Discovery 3

I saved
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
roystonh

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3
I saved £7,000 on my new disco by picking up the phone!

Hi guys, I just dropped a Range Rover as a company car - the tax was getting a little unbearable at £900 per month! So, its just gone with crazy depreciation of £34,000 in just under two years, but I am hooked on Land Rovers now, so just had to get another one. I drove an LR3 in California on holiday and loved it, so I knew that this was going to be the next car for me.

I collect my new Disco next week, but just had to tell you how much I saved by making some phone calls.

I have gone for the HSE in java black with TV and privacy glass. It came in just over £39k, a saving of £5,500 on the top list price including the extras. I hassled a few dealers and they just kept undercutting each other! Having had a Range Rover Vogue with wood dash, I bought a full wooden dash conversion kit on ebay for £31 instead of the LR price of £470! When I placed the order, I asked about steps and flaps, but decided against it when this would have been another £700, so thought I would get them later on. I then got a call from the dealer who said that when they swapped vehicles with another dealer, mine was a cancelled order where the customer had asked for steps and flaps, so he said I could have the lot for £300 fitted! I then decided to get the finance from a different source at 7.9% instead of LR 9.9% - a saving of £700.

All in all I saved about £7,000 !!! Just for a few phone calls - This will pay for the depreciation that willl kick in when I drive it down the road next week! I just hope that the LR build quality has improved as the engine blew up on the Range Rover when it was just 3 months old.

Post #13765110th Mar 2007 1:11 am
Bodsy
Site Sponsor 

You've got the spec spot on! Thumbs Up Thumbs Up
 Bodsys Brake Bible

D4/D3 Remote FBH heat kits
BAS Remaps/ EGR Blank
Transmission Flush
Software updates/enabling

Clock/ SNOTM /3Flash / 4x4Info /BT Update /Service Reset/Error Codes / Gearbox Reset
See It Here 

Post #13765510th Mar 2007 6:18 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Verydisco

Location: A bit there, a bit over there and sometime at home, France

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Tangiers OrangeDiscovery 3
Re: I saved £7,000 on my new disco by picking up the phone!

roystonh wrote:
...I bought a full wooden dash conversion kit on ebay for £31 instead of the LR price of £470...

ahahah, hello "stratstav" (am i wrong ?) i was also bidding on them, but could get in front of the computert by the end of the auction

great deal !
 l=Oo\________/oO=l l:Ool======loO:l

Current
RANGE ROVER Vogue 4.4L TDV8 - 2012 - Orkney Grey, on Black, on Piano Black.
RANGE ROVER Vogue 4.4L V8 - 2002 - ex-2003 G4 Challenge Event Vehicle, Stage 3: Australia
FREELANDER 2 Td4 HSE "000" - Santorinin Black on Black
Gap Diagnostics' Classic and BT IID Tools!

Previous:
RANGE ROVER TDV8 x3
RANGE ROVER Td6 x1
RANGE ROVER Classic 3.5L V8 x1
DISCOVERY III x3
DISCOVERY II x3
DISCOVERY I x4 

Post #13777511th Mar 2007 12:11 pm
roystonh

Love my Disco !

Hi there

Well, I've had the Disco for 3 weeks now and done 2,700 miles! Its doing 27.5mpg. Done the run to the tip with it full of junk, used the 7 seats to do family outings and really made the most of it. Only one problem with the heated seats not working properly, but no rush to get this done just yet.

It runs brilliantly, great engine - smooth and quiet, looks great and its got a great personality - everyone loves it - It is more practical than my old Range Rover and the spec is just as high.

I just hope that it continues to be as good as it started out - I have seen those awful reviews and I once had a duff Range Rover, so its fingers crossed!

Take care Razz

Post #1462427th Apr 2007 1:57 pm
DG
Site Moderator 

Wales 

Glad you're enjoying it soo much Roy Thumbs Up

What's the problem with the seat's?
 21 year LR veteran > D2 GS 2003 > D3 S 2006 > D3 HSE 2009 > D4 HSE 2013 > D4 HSE 2015 > D5 HSE 2018 > DS HSE R-Dynamic P300e 2021  
Post #1462437th Apr 2007 2:11 pm
roystonh

Seat probs

Hi there, The seats don't heat properly. The drivers side only warms up on the front part of the seat, but nothing at the back of the base or the back. The passenger one used to work but doesn't now. I only need to book it in to get it looked at under the warranty - it's not a big problem as its getting warmer now. I can forgive LR for this!

Post #1463108th Apr 2007 4:31 pm
CY

Scotland 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Tangiers OrangeDiscovery 3

roystonh,

How are you finding the TV? Does it pick up a good signal and what's the picture quality like?

CY
 2007 Porsche Boxster (987) 2.7
2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE G4 Challenge (1 of 68)
2023 Defender 90 D250 X-Dynamic HSE 

Post #1463138th Apr 2007 6:41 pm
roystonh

Hi there CV

This is the third in car TV that I have had - the first on a Rover 75, then the RR, now the Disco. The strength of the TV signal varies from area to area depending on the transmitters. It receives both anaolgue and digital signals and both show on the screen for you to choose from. The analogue signal can be grainy but the digital pictures are clear and might only get a few horizontal lines at times.

The quality is generally acceptable and it is nice to have a choice of the freeview digital channels.

I usuaully switch it on when I'm waiting for someone, or outside the school gates! When I ordered the car, the TV seemed to be more useful than a DVD system - had this in the old car and only used it a few times.

Hope this has been useful,

Regards, Roy

Post #1464599th Apr 2007 8:23 pm
CY

Scotland 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Tangiers OrangeDiscovery 3

That's great, thanks Roy.
We've just ordered a new Volvo with a build in TV in the Sat. Nav. screen, it wasn't an option on the Disco when we got it back in November 2004. Just curious as to whether it will work well, and if we'll ever use it Shocked

Cheers, CY
 2007 Porsche Boxster (987) 2.7
2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE G4 Challenge (1 of 68)
2023 Defender 90 D250 X-Dynamic HSE 

Post #1464659th Apr 2007 8:29 pm
Crepe Nagee

2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Manual Java BlackDiscovery 3

I also have a TV in my disco. It's Amazing! Never seen anything like it. I love watching top Gear on it. Defo recommend to everyone!
 LUV CREPEY!  
Post #15825717th May 2007 11:42 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >