Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > General

How should I tackle this?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
oliver77

Wales 
How should I tackle this?

4 weeks ago today I picked up my brand new Disco TDV6 HSE from the dealer. They had originally sold me a nearly new ex-LR management car but had to take it back as they had lied and it turned out to be a hire car with a chequered history so I paid some more and got a brand new one.

Pretty much as soon as I started driving away from the dealership I noticed that the steering wheel wasn't straight and a few degrees clockwise. On further investigation I noticed marks in the paint under the laquer and black marks on the rear headlining. The parking sensors were also not working.

I phoned the dealer and was going to take it back but was so fed up with their bulls**t that I decided to take it to another dealer who were much more helpful. I also contacted LR customer services at the same time and complained about how the car had been released after a poor PDI.

The other dealer phoned me to say that they would need to keep the car overnight as it needed a full four wheel alignment which they did. They have had to order a parking sensor module which has not yet arrived.

The steering wheel is now straight but the steering is by no means right and the car constantly pulls to the left meaning that your right hand hurts after a long journey.

The car was 3 weeks later that the dealer said it would be as he said that all D3's were being held at the factory. I assumed it was the full filler issue but my chassis number is after the affected ones. I have now asked LR Customer services to find out why the car was delayed and if the dealer damaged it or it was damaged in the factory, I think it was dropped off the transporter. Someone is hiding something.

The lady at Customer Services is making some more enquiries but I don't want this to drag on. I have had an independant engineer look at the car and he says it is definately pulling to the left.

Any ideas on what I should do next. I don't want to speak to the supplying dealer as I don't trust a word they say. At the moment I have a 1600 mile £44k car on my drive that drives like a pig.

Thanks for your time.

Post #755222nd Aug 2006 5:25 pm
DG
Site Moderator 

Wales 

J....I found this legal advice reply to a similar situation..hope it helps.

Quote:
the dealer is in breach of contract because your car isn't of satisfactory quality (Section 14 of the Sale of Goods Act). This is assuming that the problem wasn't revealed when you took the car for a test drive before you bought it.

Provided a buyer of faulty goods acts quickly they're entitled to reject them and get a full refund. As you returned the car within two days, this option may still be available to you. The fact you gave the seller the chance to repair the vehicle wouldn't affect this right.

Even if you've lost the right to reject and get a full refund, as a consumer you have additional rights. First and foremost, you're entitled to have the car repaired within a reasonable time and without significant inconvenience to you. As the garage has supplied you with a hire car, arguably, the offer of repair isn't causing you significant inconvenience.

If, however, the delay in getting the repair work done persists, ask for a replacement car. If the garage hasn't got one then you'd be entitled to an appropriate price reduction or refund (taking into account wear and tear).
 21 year LR veteran > D2 GS 2003 > D3 S 2006 > D3 HSE 2009 > D4 HSE 2013 > D4 HSE 2015 > D5 HSE 2018 > DS HSE R-Dynamic P300e 2021  
Post #755262nd Aug 2006 5:43 pm
randalls

Scotland 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

The vehicle is not fit for it's purpose from day 1, however it may be worth letting customer services do their best before going off on other routes.

My guess is the supplying dealer is the responsible outlet & you really need to go and sort it out with them, because they know what happened, if something did, and they should be responsible for it.

Threatening any sort of legal action is worthless unless you intend to do it & they know it, but Trading standards might be worth a try if LR customer services dont go anywhere and any trade associations LR belong to.
 Bow downSheep 2007 TDV6 HSE 'Silver Lady'. With 'free' privacy glass LOL.
Taking the greenpi$$ is: Green taxing your citizens more & using some of the money to buy nukes.Bow downSheep 

Post #755302nd Aug 2006 5:50 pm
Winger
Site Moderator 

2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Aintree GreenDiscovery 4

Not entirely sure what your outstanding problems are, but at the moment you don't have enough the "reject" the car.

Post #755833rd Aug 2006 12:10 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >