Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > General

IMPORTANT - READ THIS NOW - D3 RESEARCH
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>
scorpio

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Arctic FrostDiscovery 3

The thing is when you spend this amount of money on any vehicle you expect some sort of service and Land Rover are not doing that. Watchdog would be ideal because it would give LR a chance to have there say and put things right or maybe even deny it all make themselves look stupid who knows.

Post #231414th Apr 2005 5:15 pm
BN

England 

Just had a very long call from the regional manager (15:55 14/4/05) who has promissed to look into my questions by Monday.

I personally am not too keen on publicity re media, tv etc because it is short sharp and really does us no good. Five minutes of JC or Watchdog earn the presenter thousands and leave us with the same result. I would like to consider a reasonable approach first to get LR to work to help us, not switch off from us. I am sure before long however, someone will be so fed up, they will take action via the media, but that is to be seen.

My biggest problem is that I do not have the serious problems (and I don't want them) that some of you unfortunate ones have. I have a few issues and I am prepared to fight for others, but my ammunition alone is not good.

Post #231614th Apr 2005 5:31 pm
scorpio

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Arctic FrostDiscovery 3

The problem is as good as this forum is we (or should I say you as I am still waiting to see what happens before I spend the cash) are a very small drop in the ocean of D3 ownership, there maybe a lot more out there having the same problems and to highlight them in the media is to bring it to a head. A multi million pound company like Ford wil not ignore any bad publicity (the old LR would have done) and this may well help a lot more than we see on here believe me if I had parted with my cash and was having these problems my letter would have been written and sent to both watchdog and topgear at least a month ago. If i had had a suspension failure as has been reported in this forum I would have been very annoyed the first time but the second time I would have gone back with the press in tow and demanded a new vehicle or a full refund.

Post #231714th Apr 2005 5:54 pm
BN

England 

Scorpio what you say is very true and yes there are only about 100 of us registered with DISCO3 and possibly 50 with a few issues albeit serious down to minor. The problem I have with the press is that it really is a short jab and could harm a real claim. We need to get organised if we go to press with some real facts and figures, not just suspicions or gripes. With regard to recall of vehicles, some of the guys I think have a real need for their vehicles to be recalled as suspension etc is a real danger issue. This is where the press could help, but only with a plan and not a 1 hit prog. Many people buy a vehicle and I am sure drive in oblivion to some defects. For example, I purchased a secondhand 4x4 once and the previous owner did not know that the low range was not connected, but she had driven the car for 18 months. The people in this forum are obviously very keen and very proud of their D3's so we are a minority. What do you other guys feel about this?

Post #231914th Apr 2005 7:11 pm
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

I have had three suspension errors, two muliple electronic failures. My car has been back to the dealers 3 times since I got it at the end of November.

I have expressed my extreme dissatisfaction to my local dealer, who has been as co-operative as they can be under the circumstances.

I do not believe that going public with minor glitches will have any effect other than to alienate Land Rover and put them on the defensive. However, I consider the last suspension error that I had to be extremely dangerous, and Land Rover know how I feel. They assure me it is now fixed, but after Mike in Canada has had the same repairs, and had further failures I am not convinced. Mike is supposedly getting a replacement. If I have one more failure, I will do the same, but I will probably need to go public to get it.

Post #232614th Apr 2005 9:29 pm
Ecosse

BN wrote:

I personally am not too keen on publicity re media, tv etc because it is short sharp and really does us no good. Five minutes of JC or Watchdog earn the presenter thousands and leave us with the same result. I would like to consider a reasonable approach first to get LR to work to help us, not switch off from us. I am sure before long however, someone will be so fed up, they will take action via the media, but that is to be seen.

While I agree with BN in general on this, my own experience of LR on the various issues is that the "reasonable approach" does not/is not working. What might help is to increase the "coverage" of this website - eg can we get some promotion/advertsing for the site in LR International & also the more general motor press (might require some "subscriptions" to pay for it unless anyone is very good at PR to get an editorial?) - if this site then had a much larger membership the "hassle" factor woudl increase sufficiently for LR that it woudl no longer be worth their while just ignoring us.

Post #235515th Apr 2005 8:10 am
Pelyma

England 

LROI I don't think would talk about this site as they have their own - albeit quite anti DS3, Scorpio is a mod there so he would know better than anyone. But I do think approaching Auto Express or the like to help/advise might be a good idea.
 DS3 TDV6 HSE - Silver with Alpaca (old one) Gone
DS3 TDV6 HSE- Silver with Alpaca (new one) Gone
D4 HSE Lux - Montalcino Red Gone
Porsche Cayenne V8 Diesel S 

Post #235815th Apr 2005 8:23 am
BN

England 

I think LRO are only about 20 mins from my office. I will try to speak with them about getting some action, because I must admit, I am being persuaded by you guys to stop messing around with the moderate touch. After yesterday they have well and truely p*#*#d me off.

Post #236215th Apr 2005 9:17 am
Ecosse

BN - if you succeed, I for one will happily have LRO contact me to discuss the issues. I'm sure there are others on the forum who will likewise provide their details to LRO for some real user research!

Post #236415th Apr 2005 9:34 am
NightFox

United Kingdom 

Imagine this… It’s 7:29am on a cold but bright autumn morning, and Joe Greenwell arrives at the executive car park at Gaydon, gets out of his Jag and walks towards the office.

Something makes him look up, and there, in front of him, he sees 20-or-so of our D3s, all lined up facing him, glinting in the low morning sun, ignitions off, in absolute silence, with cabin pre-heaters set and radios turned down. He freezes, and for a minute, the silence is absolute, in a standoff reminiscent of some spaghetti western.

Suddenly, at 7:30 exactly, the silence is broken, as one by one each of the D3s emits an almost unperceivable “click”, followed by a low purr; which grows and grows as each successive Webasto adds to the menacing hum…

Yet when he flees into the office and in considerable anxiety tells his staff what has just happened, they all respond with the same answer… “But Mr Greenwell, you must have imagined it, everybody knows that the Discovery 3 doesn’t have a pre-heater”

Post #237815th Apr 2005 11:41 am
Big Al

England 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Firenze RedDiscovery 4

If I remember Clarkeson lives in Shipton close to you Martin, so you could just "pop by" Smile

Post #238215th Apr 2005 12:17 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Ecosse

Perhaps Martin can "front" mediating a resolution between the owners & LR? - as the Forum Admin, could he write on Disco3.co.uk headed paper to the various motoring press, Watchdog etc., advising them that there are an increasing number of LR customers who are dissatisfied at the lack of CS & in particular specific issues, and just referring them to the site. He could also write to LR asking for their comment and offering to provide a go-between?. Some may just think it is Martin trying for advertising Wink , but it might just draw some attention to the situation especially as Martin is not an owner, is impartial and has a certain "status" on behalf of the site. Any thoughts?
PS - Martin, sorry if I'm lumbering you with this Wink

Post #238515th Apr 2005 12:29 pm
Martin
Site Admin and Owner 

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

Guys

I'm happy to put letters out to the press about the Customer Service and support, however I can't spend a great deal of time doing so at the minute, as I've got exams looming in two weeks, and I've got two weeks worth to do from then Sad

So I could sort it all out, but it won't be for four and a bit weeks. However, what might be better is if (as a forum group) we sort out a letter. I can print off and post them before my exams are over.

Big Al - Clarkson lives in Chipping Norton, not far from Shipston (or me!)

Martin

Post #239215th Apr 2005 1:15 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Ecosse

Unless anyone else wants to volunteer, I'll draft a short factual letter to try & kick things off. I'll PM it to Martin to post for review as he sees fit.

Post #239315th Apr 2005 1:19 pm
Martin
Site Admin and Owner 

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

Cheers Ecosse Smile

Post #239515th Apr 2005 1:23 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >