Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > General

IMPORTANT - READ THIS NOW - D3 RESEARCH
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123
BN

England 

From my PM's with Ecosse, I am happy to let him get on with things. I will support and help in any way I possibly can. I think the 'green oval' person is either a person called Tim or Simon at LR, I will find out!

Post #239615th Apr 2005 1:31 pm
scorpio

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Arctic FrostDiscovery 3

MArtin if you want me to i can ask if LROi will advertise your site in there mag for you.

Post #241415th Apr 2005 6:46 pm
Martin
Site Admin and Owner 

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

Hi Scorpio

I did send an e-mail to LRO about the site, which ended up with Mark Saville, and I had a brief round of e-mail tennis with him, but so far there's nothing come about from it.

Martin

Post #241515th Apr 2005 7:01 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
scorpio

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Arctic FrostDiscovery 3

Ok let me see what I can do.

Post #241915th Apr 2005 9:39 pm
Marcel

Croatia 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Did you, guys, consider to include some attorney? Or I did not good understand your discussion. My LR 3 comes next Thursday and I am little bit disappointed, what is it really I bougth! Rolling Eyes Question

Geetings from Croatia

Post #251018th Apr 2005 9:25 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
DiscoMad

Marcel,
Why are you disappointed ?? You have bought a fantastic vehicle !
I continue to be amazed at how smooth the drive is, and I keep finding things, small details that are great !

The peops on this site are early adopters and as such are wanting a few details to be acknowledged and fixed - most likely in your build many of the early issues will have been fixed so dont read the internet ! get out and enjoy it !

Post #251118th Apr 2005 9:50 pm
DiscoBel

Belgium 

Just bought a D3 and will get it in September, I hope I will not face the same problems as early adopter.

Courage guys, I have had exactly the same experience with my last Citroen C5.
At first we tried to come to an agreement, I mean they claimed they tried to find an arrangement. They try to make it as long as they could in order to reach the limit of the "reasonable delays". (Case can only be introduced within reasonable delays)

The judge was really comprehensive. I introduced my case after two years of "we really do our best to find solutions to your car issues". They did, I mean they really tried, the car stayed 70 days for repair at my dealer during the first year!

I just won this case.
It took me two years to get this result. It is a pain! I would do it again, cause I really tried to make an agreement prior the sue, they rejected all my proposals!

Love this D3

Post #252218th Apr 2005 10:43 pm
Blue

DiscoMad wrote:

... most likely in your build many of the early issues will have been fixed so dont read the internet ! get out and enjoy it !

Well, I'm glad I keep reading the forums till I greet my new four (sometime in June), 'cause you learn something new almost every day. Just don't let these things worry you, read all the posts and see where everyone's coming from.

But remember to tell us your car works fine, so we can all celebrate! Happy owners just get out and enjoy like DiscoMad says, so we don't hear them!

Blue.

Post #252318th Apr 2005 10:45 pm
cmyers_uk

2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Blue, Only day 3 but very impressed. Compared to the Disco series 2 the ride is really smooth and quiet. The engine is very nice (Diesel). Sat Nav and Phone great. You will love it

Post #280625th Apr 2005 1:26 pm
BN

England 

Welcome to the fold cmyers. Yes the D3 is a really great car, I think we all agree. Yes we do complain, but all we want are our questions answered and our defects corrected. If LR had taken a positive stance from day one most of the faults would have been sorted by now. Just as a matter of interest, have you had a two bar fitted? If so please try the lights and suspension for us in 'Rock Crawl' with the trailer lights connected. I would like to know if it conforms with page 212 of the manual. Also if the rear intensity lights cancel out.

Post #280725th Apr 2005 3:41 pm
cmyers_uk

2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

The tow bars fitted but the electrics were in short supply so its going back before the weekend to have them fitted or the dealer is lending me a different one for the weekend. Ill let you know the answer to your question as soon as I can, because it came with the factory phone kit it has the latest software and there is no update for it so it should be the latest info. So far Im getting 22mpg around town with the auto box.

Regards

Chris

Post #280825th Apr 2005 4:18 pm
BN

England 

Thank you. MPG is always going to be a bit lower on auto's, but keeping the revs under 1900 for the 1st 500 miles will help run in the car and tyres. Gentle acceleration and gentle braking should give you about 26 to 28MPG. Measure it by refuels, not the guage because that is not too accurate. I am getting a regular 28.5 MPG in a manual and that is with a trailer recently weighing about 1.5 tonnes, but no apprecialble hills I must admit.

Post #281025th Apr 2005 4:31 pm
Phil B

2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Without wanting to be a naysayer - do you want to kill the resale value on these "expensive" vehicles by putting about bad press? If you can get your way through diplomacy (which, I agree, you may not) surely better than the "I'm going to write to Esther Rantzen" approach!

Post #281926th Apr 2005 12:18 am
BN

England 

Phil B, we all agree with your basic comments and in fact you have used some of my words exactly about not devalueing the vehicle. But please look at the many previous mails we have placed on the forum. Views exactly the same as yours. You actually say in another recent mail that the heating is not as good as your previous BMW, which is equally negative. In my case I think I am moderate and I have declined to go to press unless I have a case, but my vehicles are tools, what they were made for and they do not work as they should. I have built one of my businesses on LR 110's which are primitive but brilliant. BMW and Ford have ruined the true Land Rover. I actually now have a case and an admission from LR about at least 2 problems, their admissions don't forget. Do you work abroad and cover 100,000 plus miles a year towing a 2 tonne trailer on many unmade roads? my guys do and when the vehicle electrics for instance break down, you could be fighting for your life in -35C or +60C, then a £40,000 vehicle is nothing if it breaks down, but your life is something else and that came free.

Post #282526th Apr 2005 7:48 am
mwillems

2007 LR3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Tonga GreenLR3

"..but your life is something else and that came free."

Mmm... you'd have to ask your dad about dinners bought, etc...!

Mike

Post #30191st May 2005 1:14 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >