Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
JMC

Scotland 
Your most important signature today!

Watch this:

and sign this:

http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/please-go/
 The older I get, the more I realise that people confuse wrinkles for wisdom Smile
Founder member of Club FFRRV
Club Orange, Mint or Fruit
Club Walnut Sniffers

Post #45951527th Apr 2009 1:24 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Pelyma

England 

An old clip; I feel the response to the petition might be you'll have to prise it from my cold dead hands Laughing
 DS3 TDV6 HSE - Silver with Alpaca (old one) Gone
DS3 TDV6 HSE- Silver with Alpaca (new one) Gone
D4 HSE Lux - Montalcino Red Gone
Porsche Cayenne V8 Diesel S 

Post #45952027th Apr 2009 1:31 pm
Walmsleys

United Kingdom 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux Auto Indus SilverDiscovery 4

Democracy in Action? - on Youtube?

Well that's certainly made the case for me - where do I sign up?

When the other lot have been in for 11 years we should revisit these posts - we could just change all the names because we'll all be just as cynical about the Tories then.

It's third term blues (or reds I suppose) - we like to change them all at some point, whether there is a better alternative or not.

It may just be that there aren't any local solutions to a global problem.

Personally I blame swine flu.
 2013 D4 HSE Luxe in Indus Silver

(previously 2015 Defender Urban Truck 90XS in Havana)
(previously 2013 D4 XS in Fuji White)
(previously 2011 D4 XS in Stornaway Grey, auto, black leather, reversing camera and removable tow bar)
(previously 2011 Freelander 2, blue (Mrs B's)
(previously 2007 TDV6 D3 SE Zermatt Silver, auto, black leather, an Uncle Ray plate and AT2s)
(previously 2001 Freelander One, blue)
(previously 1967 Series 2, Green) 

Post #45954027th Apr 2009 2:25 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
jkp

Scotland 

You know what? I've gone all apathetic (if that's the word I'm meaning) over the whole situation at the moment. I cannot help feel punch drunk over what the Brownites are doing to this country. WTF is next is all I hear being said, and when the WTF is next happens, there is no real shock and awe at the inept bumbling along from crisis to crisis.

Now back to my feeling of apathy. These are borne out of thinking who can do any better. The chump on the opposite side of the house? The man with a witty retort on all things labour. Mmmm, dont think so. What actually will he bring to the table apart from daily stating that it was Labour who got us in this mess rather than sort it.

Can someone please fund cryo-research please so we can unfreeze Lord Sutch, as he would make more sense and progress in these times.

Post #45958527th Apr 2009 3:58 pm
Pelyma

England 

jkp wrote:
What actually will he bring to the table apart from daily stating that it was Labour who got us in this mess rather than sort it.

As opposed to GB who is still blaming the Tories for everything including the weather Rolling Eyes
 DS3 TDV6 HSE - Silver with Alpaca (old one) Gone
DS3 TDV6 HSE- Silver with Alpaca (new one) Gone
D4 HSE Lux - Montalcino Red Gone
Porsche Cayenne V8 Diesel S 

Post #45959127th Apr 2009 4:02 pm
jkp

Scotland 

I know. They each want to score points on who is Shyte at what they done rather than get on with it.

Someday someone will come along and be a true leader and make change happen for real, not for an election campaign.

Post #45959527th Apr 2009 4:06 pm
NoDo$h

Ukraine 

The trouble any opposition faces with this lot is their ability to get the press and the moronic masses to swallow pretty much anything they leak, spin or heaven forbid, formally announce.

If Meddlesome were to whisper to Murdoch's sycophants that Cameron planned to harvest the snot of your first born and deny a generation the pleasures of nasal excavation, The Sun would have "Tory The Bogieman" as a headline the next day.

In such circumstances, to come up with clear policy proposals simply gives the incumbents a chance to either deride the proposal or reinvent it so it seems like their idea (albeit watered down and for delivery at some unspecified future date). They aren't interested in what is good for the country, only in what is good for them so they'll spin, lie and cheat to get it. The whole system is geared towards this behaviour and sadly it impacts on all parties equally.

I've said it before and will no doubt say it again. The present 3-party system needs a kick in the backside - more independents for a start. If it takes a few UKIP and BNP seats along with a hung parliament to make them pay attention, then so be it.
 I know it's not considered "kind" to say no these days, but no. Just no, ok? And if it's not ok, still no.  
Post #45959827th Apr 2009 4:11 pm
countrywide

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Graphite LE Auto Unknown ColourDiscovery 4

They are all as bad as each other, you replace one idiot with another. Proportional representation is a good way forward.

As for the comment about the £ dropping by 30% in the video, it hasn't against the Euro, so even that was wrong.

Post #45962227th Apr 2009 5:16 pm
Hobgoblin

Location: As always, in the sh*t, it's only the depth that varies

Spain 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux Auto Kaikoura StoneDiscovery 4

countrywide wrote:

As for the comment about the £ dropping by 30% in the video, it hasn't against the Euro, so even that was wrong.

And against the US Dollar Question Evil or Very Mad
 I'm not as good as I once was........but I'm as good once as I ever was.  
Post #4621793rd May 2009 9:11 pm
Popelka

Czech Republic 

NoDo$h wrote:
a hung parliament to make them pay attention, then so be it.

Shocked Shocked they've brought back hanging Question at least the public will get their moneys worth watching Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter
 Experience is a difficult teacher, because she gives the test first and then the lesson afterwards!!!!  
Post #4623914th May 2009 11:16 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >