Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > General

In Car Entertainment / DVD
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Johnny Boy

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Cairns BlueDiscovery 3
In Car Entertainment / DVD

I want to get something for the kids. My dealer is quoting approx £1200 for a 10.2'' screen DVD player. Any other options / ideas out there Question Thumbs Up Thanks

Post #3733313th Jan 2006 3:25 pm
Pelyma

England 

Tablet dvd players that you can fix to the head rest. You can take them where ever you want, watch different film etc, not as smart as a built in solution, but a lot cheaper!

We are looking at these http://www.allcam.biz/products/sdp-6820.html
 DS3 TDV6 HSE - Silver with Alpaca (old one) Gone
DS3 TDV6 HSE- Silver with Alpaca (new one) Gone
D4 HSE Lux - Montalcino Red Gone
Porsche Cayenne V8 Diesel S 

Last edited by Pelyma on 13th Jan 2006 3:40 pm. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #3733613th Jan 2006 3:38 pm
al cope

England 

I have a 8" roof mount dvd/TV and screen. £199 ebay. Have a look at my gallery.

Alan
 Volvo XC90 B5 Plus Dark
Gone - MY18 D5 HSE - Corris on 22's with Black Pack
Now gone - MY16 D4 SE Tech, Loire Blue, Almond Leather, Privacy, plus some other goodies.
Old - MY12 D4 SDV6 XS Auto - Ipanema Sand with Almond Leather - Plus other niceties, and D4.com sticker
Older - D3 TDV6 XS Auto - Lugano Teal with Almond Leather, 20" Stormers, Shiny Tailpipes, DVD/TV - and obligatory D3 sticker
Ancient - D3 TDV6 S - Tonga with Ebony, 20" Stormers, satnav & DVD 

Post #3733713th Jan 2006 3:40 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Nickhearne

United Kingdom 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

I have 2 moniters & a DVD player the moniters strap to the back of the head rest, work well ! But I have a new prodject when it arives!
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...T&rd=1
Will let you know how I get on!
 Range Rover Sport Estate 2.0 P400e Hse Dynamic Black
D4 HSE Santorini Black
Almond Arabica hide & Walnut trim Now sold
Discovery 3 TDV6 SE
Zambezi Silver Ebony leather Now sold 

Post #3734013th Jan 2006 4:21 pm
al cope

England 

Nick

I looked at that one a while back, as these models have been availible fom various ebayers in the far east for a while, and it looks a good spec, but 2 things put me off. The first being that its silver, so didn't blend in to the rooflining, and second, I've been stitched with having to pay duty and VAT on stuff like this that I've brought from outside the EU in the past.

Are you going to fit it where mine is, in place of the alarm module, or where the rear light cluster is on the slopping part of the roof?

Al
 Volvo XC90 B5 Plus Dark
Now gone - MY16 D4 SE Tech, Loire Blue, Almond Leather, Privacy, plus some other goodies.
Old - MY12 D4 SDV6 XS Auto - Ipanema Sand with Almond Leather - Plus other niceties, and D4.com sticker
Older - D3 TDV6 XS Auto - Lugano Teal with Almond Leather, 20" Stormers, Shiny Tailpipes, DVD/TV - and obligatory D3 sticker

Post #3734313th Jan 2006 4:51 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Martin
Site Admin and Owner 

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

Chris from Prestige Audio posted this a couple of weeks ago, and Prestige Audio have promised to support the site, and have discounted prices for site members:

http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?p=33218#33218
 06 D3 SE / 15 LR D90 XS SW / 88 LR 90 Td5 / 68 BMW 2000 ti
Any issues with the site let me know! 

Post #3734413th Jan 2006 4:59 pm
al cope

England 

the one thing I was keen to have in the installation was the ability to take the stuff back out, and have no holes/cuts in the headling, which is what I've got. I can take my center positioned screen out and put back the alarm module when it comes time to sell.

Al
 Volvo XC90 B5 Plus Dark

Post #3734713th Jan 2006 5:49 pm
CFB

United Kingdom 

al cope wrote:
the one thing I was keen to have in the installation was the ability to take the stuff back out, and have no holes/cuts in the headling, which is what I've got. I can take my center positioned screen out and put back the alarm module when it comes time to sell.

Al

I am thinking of one of these units too but does this mean you have no alarm interior sensing?
 2020 BMW X1 18d XDrive X-Line Auto  
Post #3735013th Jan 2006 5:59 pm
al cope

England 

I still have interior sensors, as the unit I have has enough space for you to take the internals out of the alarm case (no cutting, just uncliping), and refit it into the DVD unit, with four 10mm holes needed in the base for the ultrasonics to see out off.

For anybody interested there a Rosen unit (which LR use) on ebay right now. Its not the full LR kit, but the players the same.

item number: 5852461565

Al
 Volvo XC90 B5 Plus Dark

Post #3735113th Jan 2006 6:05 pm
scorpio

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Arctic FrostDiscovery 3

wonder what that will go for I think I will keep an eye on that

Post #3737313th Jan 2006 7:55 pm
Nickhearne

United Kingdom 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

al cope wrote:
Nick

I looked at that one a while back, as these models have been availible fom various ebayers in the far east for a while, and it looks a good spec, but 2 things put me off. The first being that its silver, so didn't blend in to the rooflining, and second, I've been stitched with having to pay duty and VAT on stuff like this that I've brought from outside the EU in the past.

Are you going to fit it where mine is, in place of the alarm module, or where the rear light cluster is on the slopping part of the roof?

Al

At the price I have paid I just could not say no! I was after the same one as you but could not resist this at the price! If I do not like it, it will be going back on Ebay.
As to fitting I will have a look when it turns up, vat I know can be a problem but so far I have got away with it & looking at there feed back no one seems as they have had to pay!
Will keep you posted!
Nick
 Range Rover Sport Estate 2.0 P400e Hse Dynamic Black
D4 HSE Santorini Black
Almond Arabica hide & Walnut trim Now sold
Discovery 3 TDV6 SE
Zambezi Silver Ebony leather Now sold 

Post #3738713th Jan 2006 9:56 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >