Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Faults & Fixes (D4)

Your input required guys
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
kev_blizard

2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4
Your input required guys

I have been experiencing restricted performance now for over two week ,the car is not my daily drive it's the wife's but I have had lots of Land Rovers over the years
My vehicle has not had the turbo drain modification done yet but I'm going to do it next week, the symptoms are that I have oil getting up to the air filter box and causing the following faul codes

P006A intermittent manifold absolute pressure or volume air flow correlation

P00BD07 intermittent mass or volume air flow A circuit range/performance air flow too high

P1247-00 intermittent turbocharger boost pressure low

P0235-94 intermittent turbo boost sensor A circuit

I use a Autel Maxidas DS708 to read and clear faults but they always clear, I have cleaned the air box out and both maf sensors and removed the turbo shut off valve to clean out using brake cleaner and this works ok fo a few days. Also cleaned the erg valve which is also wet through with oil
I'm thinking it's now one or both of the inlet manifolds but there is no evidence of this under the top cover as it appear dry and dusty, I'm going to put some clean paper under their tonight as a further check
Car is running fine now after stripping and cleaning all related components the Tsov is the latest version and is free to operate
So my question guys is how to you catagoricly prove that it's the inlet manifolds that is causing me grief ?. Obviously I will replace both at the same time but still not 100% it's them
By the way it's a D4 on a 60 plate with 110k

Post #204776722nd Apr 2019 5:13 pm
dgardel

Italy 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XXV LE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

swap the MAF and see if the problem moves from circuit "A" to "B"

If yes you have a MAF sensor with issue.

if there were broken intake manifolds, you would see oil wet areas
 Discovery 5 tdv6 HSE Corris Gray Outback Engineering Limited Edition

IID Pro MV License

Post #204784623rd Apr 2019 12:23 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
nigels888

England 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux Auto Mariana BlackDiscovery 4

exactly the same as I was getting. turned out to be the Mass air flow sensor.
original thought was the air intake manifold they tend to crack underneath so hard to see without a smoke test apparently.

Post #204786123rd Apr 2019 6:05 am
kev_blizard

2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Thanks for the reply your the first to reply in 139 views Very Happy
I have swopped the Maf sensors over and still circui A , having thought about this I had a similar problem about a year ago but after removing the three 6mm bolts that hold the TSOV in place I was able to remove the short stubby hose at the bottom and squirt some brake and clutch cleaner up into the butterfly flap plate inside followed with some WD40. Whilst the valve body was loose you can get a 10mm spanner on the outside of the actuator and work it through its full range. Like I said earlier my vehicle has the latest type of valve fitted
I did this again last night and the wife went out pulling the horse trailer c/w a 16.3 horse in and it's back to pulling like a train Very Happy Very Happy
So initially my diagnose is it's the WIFES FAULT she drives like a granny all the time she only goes 5 miles to work and obviously drives very carefully when she's pulling the horse trailer
So how I've come to this conclusion is that because she's not an aggressive driver and short runs the second turbo never comes into play and the first one will barely operate in her daily commute to work. I now asked her to put her foot hard down on the throttle when it's safe to do so to keep the TSOV moving
Anyone else on here relate to the above ??, I'm also looking if I can make some sort of push pull rod I can operate the TSOV from above in the engine bay if I can see it 😀
Let's see what happens

Post #204786323rd Apr 2019 6:16 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >