Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Finance, Insurance and Warranties

Insurance: Tesco vs Direct Line
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123
Dave T

England 

ZacSmith wrote:
"Look I am doing you a favour, no-fault claims count as worse than fault claims on your record". I think there is some logic to it: i.e. if you have a fault accident, you might be a bit more careful in future, but if you live in area where people drive into you all the time, there isn't much you can do about that....

Anyway, off to court in September so a judge can decide who was at fault, the bloke who was moving or the bloke who was parked in a parking bay - and people wonder why insurance premiums are so high!

No wonder they are making such a profit. Nice little earner for the lawyers as well then!
 Joined the BMWX5 45e group
1994 Defender 90

2015 RRS Corris Grey/Black roof
2016 D4 Graphite Santorini Black
2012 D4 XS Orkney Grey
2005 D3 S Maya Gold

Convoy for Heroes 2011 

Post #82850724th Aug 2011 6:00 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
fat bloke

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Huge differences to where you live,i'm not even big 50 but mine came down to £229 L/V full comp protected with 90 euro cover with wife on it as well so i'm a happy bunny Thumbs Up

Post #82859724th Aug 2011 11:01 pm
albal

United Kingdom 

I'm paying £390 fully comp but at my young age I have to stump up a big excess - that is even with my potential fire-bomb of an LPG conversion declared too. That was with E-Sure with 6 years NCB. I always use moneysupermarket (next year I have to phone some of the big ones that don't do price comparison sites) who seems to route out the deals.

Post #82861025th Aug 2011 12:14 am
Albourneboy

United Kingdom 

Just had my renewal notice from NFU

Last year, just over £400 incl protected NCD, breakdown cover and SWMBO driving.

This year a whopping £833 Shocked Shocked Shocked

They're taking the Censored Censored Twisted Evil

Trouble is, SWMBO made a couple of no-fault claims this past year when her car was driven into - once by some silly tart who couldn't park and the second time by some young f@@wit going too fast in icy conditions! SWMBO wasn't even in her car on either occasion and in both claims, her insurance company wrote to her to say that they had got their money back from the other party's insurance company. She had to renew her insurance in May and the thieves she was with doubled her premium Twisted Evil

WHY THE Censored IS SHE BEING PENALISED!!! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

I Censored HATE INSURANCE COMPANIES - THEY ARE NOTHING BUT A BUNCH OF Censored ROBBING BARSTEWARDS Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Rant over ... Sorry!

I think I shall phone NFU first and see if they can explain the 100% increase, and see if taking SWMBO off makes any difference. But I can see me going elsewhere Crying or Very sad
 Now an ex-D3 owner after 7 happy years. Miss the car but not the big bills Smile

Post #82862625th Aug 2011 7:59 am
al cope

England 

at one point I had my car, missus car, caravan and house ins with NFU - not any more. It would have cost me well over a grand more if I'd stayed with them, and we've made no claims at all, anywhere.

Last yer they wouldnt quote me for the D3, said ours was a high risk post code!.

Al
 Volvo XC90 B5 Plus Dark
Gone - MY18 D5 HSE - Corris on 22's with Black Pack
Now gone - MY16 D4 SE Tech, Loire Blue, Almond Leather, Privacy, plus some other goodies.
Old - MY12 D4 SDV6 XS Auto - Ipanema Sand with Almond Leather - Plus other niceties, and D4.com sticker
Older - D3 TDV6 XS Auto - Lugano Teal with Almond Leather, 20" Stormers, Shiny Tailpipes, DVD/TV - and obligatory D3 sticker
Ancient - D3 TDV6 S - Tonga with Ebony, 20" Stormers, satnav & DVD 

Post #82863625th Aug 2011 8:57 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Dave T

England 

This seems to be a recurring problem, having someone crash into you whilst stationary and rising premiums, any insurance agents anywhere to explain it?
 Joined the BMWX5 45e group
1994 Defender 90

2015 RRS Corris Grey/Black roof
2016 D4 Graphite Santorini Black
2012 D4 XS Orkney Grey
2005 D3 S Maya Gold

Convoy for Heroes 2011 

Post #82867025th Aug 2011 10:43 am
trigram

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Had a quote from tesco - well over £800 (though thats not the highest, NFU quoted £1100!). Anyway, have narrowed it down to Directline and Churchill, a difference of £1. Anyone here had a good of bad experiences of Churchill? I was with Directline for my Volvo, then went with LV, now jumping ship yet again.

Churchill does include basic min. European Cover (upgradable to Comp with add. payment). Directline doesnt include any, and is purchasable at a daily rate.

Thanks
 "...I'm so broke I can't even pay attention..."  
Post #82894526th Aug 2011 8:48 am
amazing

China 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4
cheap at half the price

Don't talk to me about insurance Evil or Very Mad
over here 2k fully comp Shocked

I have used Churchill in the past with no problems arising from claims
 It is better to have and not need it then need and not have it.  
Post #82895026th Aug 2011 9:09 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >