Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Maintenance & Mods (D3)

An intercooler question.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
BarryG

Ireland 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Java BlackDiscovery 3
An intercooler question.

Just a few Questions .. Once again about tuning.

I Have a TC also an ITG Filter and Full straight through performance KAHN exhaust system.
On paper (i stress on Paper) my Disco is some where around the 250-255bhp with at least
50+ nM of torque up on the factory TDV6. , also I have shed a fair few pounds in an effort
to reduce the weight. (were both on slimfast Laughing )

As always I'm looking for more power . Perhaps some of the guys who are into tuning might be
able to offer some direction.Would increasing the surface area of the intercooler ,
(upgrade it) with a view to increasing the cooling help ?

Here's the bit that I need a bit of help with , if I increase the intercooler size I would in effect reduce the
air pressure. would I need to compensate for this (remap) or would the drop be negligible.

Also if I did do this along with the other modification am I moving to far away from my Turbochip map
in that I'm sure that TC was developed to enhance a factory TDV6. should I now be looking at a custom map
setup .

Any views, or am I way out on my own with this one.

Barry

Post #16121824th May 2007 4:21 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
10forcash

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

The MAP / MAF sensors should be able to adjust for the difference, after all, they do when the vehicle is operated at different altitudes and external temperatures
Personally, i'd look at increasing the airflow to the existing intercooler first - or devising a water spray to increase the cooling (and therefore air density) before embarking on a larger intercooler

Post #16122424th May 2007 4:37 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >