Irelands first ski rescue (FFRR)
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
tanters

Ireland 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 5 Seat Manual Tonga GreenDiscovery 3
Irelands first ski rescue (FFRR)

Thought he was in a D3 Rolling Eyes

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/re...28251.html
 A happy childhood ... is the worst possible preparation for life.  
Post #4156215th Feb 2009 1:41 pm
Rescue01

Scotland 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Manual Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

Well done to the MRT Thumbs Up
 Its not the height of the fall but the sudden stop at the bottom that hurts!!  
Post #4156265th Feb 2009 1:46 pm
Wex

Ireland 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

A few of the lads from one of the local clubs went up for a play in the same location heres the results:

Quote:
My 130 is up there on her roof between the viewing point at tallaght and glencee happened on monday afternoon went into a skid at 10 mph next thing we're hanging upside down in the ditch. Bucket seats stopped the roof crushing us! I have a broken collar bone from the seat belt it's killin me! out of work for 6 weeks at least. Been up there in the snow many times laughing at the other poor f#####s stuck! even been up pulling people out!! never taught i'd be 1 of them . Be carefull if you go up

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Troy and my brothers are up there at the moment (16:00 wednesday) yesterday the road was passable now their digging their way through a 5ft snow drift they've been there since half 2 and only got abouit half a mile up the road . the plan was to get her right way up at least! Troy has beached his defender twice and ronan left his I told them to get a few photos.Typing with your left hand is such a pain in the you know whats
Posted at: February 04, 2009, 04:42:40 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
17:30 the lads rang me,they're giving up, the snow is too deep the landrover is still about 2 miles from where they are even walking is a hard slogg! so they'll try again tomorrow.

Quote:
I'm hearinng rumors that my wheels have been stolen Troy and the lads couldn't get near it to check the snow was too deep. so if anybody hears of 35" BFG muds for sale let me know. who ever stole them had a socket for a landrover lock nut! God only knows what else is gone missing?
Posted at: February 04, 2009, 06:07:55 PM

Quote:
Thats the first thing to go on when I get sorted ( Roll Cage). If I had passengers in the back they'd be dead or very seriously injured It dosen't bear thinking about.

Lucky Guys !

Post #4157015th Feb 2009 3:00 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >