jm105845

Ireland 2006 LR3 TDV6 XS Auto Zambezi SilverLR3
irish budget

hi fellow irish members

what are your views on the cuts yesterday

Post #56293410th Dec 2009 12:59 pm
al cope

England 

if you dont get any answers, its because they've all left the country, although they wont want to come over here either Thumbs Up

Al
 Volvo XC90 B5 Plus Dark
Gone - MY18 D5 HSE - Corris on 22's with Black Pack
Now gone - MY16 D4 SE Tech, Loire Blue, Almond Leather, Privacy, plus some other goodies.
Old - MY12 D4 SDV6 XS Auto - Ipanema Sand with Almond Leather - Plus other niceties, and D4.com sticker
Older - D3 TDV6 XS Auto - Lugano Teal with Almond Leather, 20" Stormers, Shiny Tailpipes, DVD/TV - and obligatory D3 sticker
Ancient - D3 TDV6 S - Tonga with Ebony, 20" Stormers, satnav & DVD 

Post #56294210th Dec 2009 1:13 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
tanters

Ireland 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 5 Seat Manual Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

Cuts were a necessity as we're broke!

What the public sector unions fail to grasp is that their employer i.e. the state, is broke and up to their tits in debt.
Companies in the private sector that are in this situation are left with few choices i.e. cut wages, lay off people or shut down.

The only option left to the Government was to cut pay 'cos lay offs in the cosy public sector would have been unthinkable. Therefore I have no sympathy for someone in the public sector losing 5-7% on their salary if that means they keep their jobs and their pension entitlements.

I currently have 9 good friends out of work at the moment with no immediate prospects of finding work bar one or two of them hoping to start something up themselves in the new year. No doubt the banks will have a big say in that.......

On social welfare cuts its a hard one. The fear is that young people will just emigrate and the brain drain will start all over again like in the 80's. I'd just hate to be leaving school next September facing little job prospects and little assistance.

Biggest thing missed in this budget - no job creation or stimulus. They admit themselves there will be a further 72,000 job losses in 2010 and thats probably a conservative estimate no doubt. The rest of the world seems to have picked themselves up somewhat but we're still lying prostrate on the ground. So many projects need doing and completing and thousands of skilled tradesmen sitting on the dole Rolling Eyes

One example - my missus is a teacher and she works in a portacabin school for the past 6 years - a 1 year temporary solution whilst the new school was being built ...... 6 years later she has to put buckets on the floor when it rains heavily as her 'cabin' is falling apart Evil or Very Mad

get people back to work and get them spending in the shops! Simples Very Happy
 A happy childhood ... is the worst possible preparation for life.  
Post #56295810th Dec 2009 1:39 pm
tanters

Ireland 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 5 Seat Manual Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

al cope wrote:
its because they've all left the country

Al

tempted I tell ye Crying or Very sad
 A happy childhood ... is the worst possible preparation for life.  
Post #56295910th Dec 2009 1:40 pm
al cope

England 

if you can work out where to go, I could be tempted to join you Thumbs Up

Al
 Volvo XC90 B5 Plus Dark
Now gone - MY16 D4 SE Tech, Loire Blue, Almond Leather, Privacy, plus some other goodies.
Old - MY12 D4 SDV6 XS Auto - Ipanema Sand with Almond Leather - Plus other niceties, and D4.com sticker
Older - D3 TDV6 XS Auto - Lugano Teal with Almond Leather, 20" Stormers, Shiny Tailpipes, DVD/TV - and obligatory D3 sticker

Post #56296110th Dec 2009 1:44 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
bigdave
Site Sponsor 

England 

Simple lets all go get a job in Brussels!!

Millions of useful bureaucratic type jobs going there now we are part of the Soviet European Union.

And its well paid and you cant get sacked.

Great stuff!
Thumbs Up
 All things shipping, storage, transport. UK and worldwide.

E-mail info@md-couriers.co.uk 

Post #56300110th Dec 2009 3:09 pm
al cope

England 

we could be responsible for european 4x4 directives Thumbs Up

or as we've got LRs, should that be defectives Big Cry

Al
 Volvo XC90 B5 Plus Dark

Post #56301110th Dec 2009 3:25 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >