Page 2 of 2 <12
Wex

Ireland 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

Quote:
By that wink, this new manager :

a) is you

or

b) Has big t ts

No no.... I'll explain on the way to Cork.Chris and one or two others will know though.

Post #29060723rd Apr 2008 2:25 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
tanters

Ireland 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 5 Seat Manual Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

ahhh....pity Crying or Very sad

looking forward to that story..........

.......he hasn't taken up a job in Waterford has he?

Post #29061223rd Apr 2008 2:42 pm
mashermor

Ireland 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Commercial XS Auto Tonga GreenDiscovery 4
replys to query on disco comm

thanks a lot lads , for all the advice Very Happy i was away for the past 4 days, But now i,ve gone and ordered a brand new disco with all the gizmos , as in bluetooth built-in phone , 6 changer cd player, lightguards , auto box , sidesteps, roof rails , bright pack , cream leather, buckingham blue 8) 8). and how yiz tell me the ffing new model has more removed from the back doors Big Cry ah well now i will fit all the gear i bought for the last one (invertor, winch , sat tv system)which i never got around to fitting.And i,ll do the back windows , and floor space while i,m at it .... . had a look at chris pics of lifting rear floor , but was wondering whats under it , 1/2 inch box section ??? how deep is the cavity under it ?? again , thanks for all the advice. Bow down Bow down
 The man who admits his mistake... he is a wise man.The man who admits his mistake ... even when he is right... he is a married man.  
Post #29219126th Apr 2008 8:46 pm
mashermor

Ireland 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Commercial XS Auto Tonga GreenDiscovery 4
floor and doors on comm disco 3

MONTHS LATER ....Update without photos yet .Have done the rear windows now and refitted the door trims. have cut out floor section ,as per instructions , and can,t believe the amount of space below decks.will fit all my tools etc, plus a lot of fishing gear !! now i will get a deep cycle 2nd battery { i heard that optima are good ?any others i should consider ?}, to mount belowdecks , or will the spare compartment under the bonnet be better ?? any one know if its possible to fit heavy duty battery leads back to this under floor space?? cause i bought an electric winch{mainly because don,t envisage using it all that often} and i would like capability to pull the car forwards or backwards as the circumstances dictate.by mounting on the towbar or out of the tow bracket on the front.with leads back to heavy duty connecting posts.[was it Bg or chris t who did this many moons ago Confused ] I have now got polycarbonite sheets , and i will be making sliding doors for under floor space etc. will give dimensions of under floor space ,when i post pics {hopefully in next week} Very Happy
 The man who admits his mistake... he is a wise man.The man who admits his mistake ... even when he is right... he is a married man.  
Post #3066274th Jun 2008 10:15 pm
Wex

Ireland 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3
RE : Secondary Battery

A lot of info here Terry http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/topic21478.html . Consensus is bset to place it in the second/spare compartment in the engine bay.

Good luck with the new one , may she travel you well Thumbs Up

Post #3066334th Jun 2008 10:31 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
DSL
Keeper of the wheelie bin 

Ukraine 

Googsy wrote:
What did you do with the left over carpet ? Just thinking of our fellow member DSL whos doing a big DIY project at present. Dont say I never look after you DSL! Thumbs Up

Just noticed but not at the carpeting stage, will be there in 2014 sometime! Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Post #33277015th Aug 2008 8:52 pm
Streete

Ireland 

Hi all,

I am a newbie here so apologies if opening up an old thread like this is not the right thing to do Embarassed

I have been driving a commercial myself and the blacked out rear door windows are a pain and quite dangerous!

I was wondering if removing the panels, paint etc and going for tinted glass instead will cause trouble when I go for the yearly test, customs, Gardai etc etc.

Cheers!

Post #37373314th Nov 2008 2:05 pm
tanters

Hi Streete

Welcome first off Thumbs Up

Wont cause you any problems. I've had two DOEs and only words said were compliments to a good idea! It is really dangerous as the pass. mirror doesnt have good scope so I'd recommend you do it sooner rather than later.

Thing to do is get the internal door panel off and reconnect the window switch so you can open the window. Then remove the carpet from the inside - you should be able to see the metal panel from both sides now. get yourself a good blade/ stanley blade and start cutting into the mastic in the corners and work your way around. if you start in the corner, as you got along you'll be able to keep pushing the panel into the car and this will help separate the mastic.

Some people found that there were 4 rivets also holding the panel in place -I didnt - but they can be drilled out I'm sure.

Trim off the excess mastic once you're done.

The hardest part is getting the paint off the windows. I went to the fella who was going to tint the windows and he offered to do it for some dosh but he also leant me a flat blade scrapper and I did it myself - took 2-3hours and ended with very sore hands!

I left the panels on the furtherest back windows as security and to be honest not having the passenger doors done is enought.

I got the limo tint then so from the outside you wouldn't know the difference but spot on from insideout - only thing is at night its difficult to see out if oncoming traffic dont have their lights on Rolling Eyes

PM me if you need any more directions - Its a great mod for the comm.

Best of luck Thumbs Up
 A happy childhood ... is the worst possible preparation for life.  
Post #37383114th Nov 2008 6:08 pm
Googsy

Ireland 

Streete,

welcome aboard. No doubt Barryg will be looking for the spare carpet ! Never say I dont look after you Barry!
 Googsy
2008 HSE TDV8

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder... 

Post #37390114th Nov 2008 9:17 pm
Streete

Ireland 

Cheers for the welcomes and the great "how-to" info lads Bow down

I'll give it a go as soon as I get a bit of spare time because it is a danger. As a stop gap I'll probably try and get the door case off and reconnect the power to the motors so at least I can open the windows when reversing out my gate! (Then again will the window go up and down with the carpet and plate still on?)

I'll send on the carpet as requested Mr. Green

Is it a straight forward job to get the windows tinted or should I beware of going for the cheapest quote? What should I be aiming to pay for a decent job so to speak?

Cheers!

Post #37469317th Nov 2008 12:13 am
tanters

you'll be able to open window alright but about as useful as an ashtray on a motorbike if plate still there. Whistle

one day should get it all done time wise

pm barryg about the tint. i think he knows someone down your way Thumbs Up
 A happy childhood ... is the worst possible preparation for life.  
Post #37469417th Nov 2008 12:17 am
Streete

Ireland 

tanters wrote:
you'll be able to open window alright but about as useful as an ashtray on a motorbike if plate still there. Whistle :

Embarassed Oh dear, I forgot about the plate! Mr. Green

Thanks for the advice, I'll pm Barry as suggested.

Post #37482717th Nov 2008 12:43 pm
tuskar

Ireland 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Manual Barolo BlackDiscovery 3
commercial rear panel removal

Thinking of removing rear door panels in a commercial D3. Searched around to see where window motors are disconnected, checked front drivers control pad and of course all rear door connectors and fuse box,All seems in place. anyone have any ideas please.

Post #59201328th Jan 2010 1:02 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >