Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Europe

Is anyone left
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 4 <1234>
Blue

Sure, if I can get time off work, I'd love to meet you guys on a trail. Very Happy

In the Events section I posted a LR meet coming up this month in the plain, which I don't want to miss: http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1183
 Blue  
Post #1661611th Sep 2005 4:11 pm
BN

England 

Blue, I visit Gibraltar a lot and have friends in Spain that can possibly sort out a trail. I will see what I can do. Brian

Post #1661811th Sep 2005 4:17 pm
panosko

Greece 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Maya GoldDiscovery 3

Hello from Athens, Greece.
Guys, my TDV6 is finally here , and waiting for me to deliver it after 8 months of waiting!! But I'm in big troubles. I drove a Lexus RX400H and I just fell in love with that car. I just don't know what to do. Should I go for the TDV6 (that I was waiting so long, but love broke in the meantime) or should I go for the Hybrid super-SUV? It's more economical , it's much faster, it has loads of electronics and has nothing to put extra after the buy (LR needs lot of money for extras). The only thing that the LR is better, is off-road. But -heck- how much off-road do we go anyway!!!! HEEEELLLPPPPP!!!!! I need opinions NOWWWW!!!

Post #268758th Nov 2005 8:22 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

Ohh deary dear what can we say? perhaps you should ask the LEXUS400H.CO.UK forum the same question. Oh sorry, you can't find it, well that speaks volumes doesnt it.

I think the Lexus is probably a very good car, it will never break, and will do everything abslutely perfectly, but, it will have NO SOUL. Don't Do It, you will regret it.

Post #268858th Nov 2005 8:41 pm
panosko

Gareth wrote:
Ohh deary dear what can we say? perhaps you should ask the LEXUS400H.CO.UK forum the same question. Oh sorry, you can't find it, well that speaks volumes doesnt it.

I think the Lexus is probably a very good car, it will never break, and will do everything abslutely perfectly, but, it will have NO SOUL. Don't Do It, you will regret it.

Have no soul? eghm....why...the LR3 has? where is it? By the way, there is a forum for Lexus at http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index.php
Any serious reason that I will regret it? I can't find nothing bad to say for the LexusRX400H , when for the TDV6 I keep thinking: spare wheel, Ford Transit rear side, seats, many extras to buy after purchase.......so...?

Post #269498th Nov 2005 11:46 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Penguin

Belgium 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Chawton WhiteDiscovery 3

Belgium is alive Wink
 In a time of chimpanzees, I was a penguin.

www.m-release.com 

Post #308542nd Dec 2005 12:12 pm
Desarzens

Switzerland 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 4

I tested it and decided to go for a TDV6...

Ok I was in need of a six seater... but found that :
- less confortable than the disco
- behave like a big powerfull front-wheel drive, especially during the acceleration phase
- fuel consumption higher than claimed... about 11l for 100km driving as any responsible father of 3 should...

Up to you to decide... beside delivery time here 6 months Crying or Very sad

Post #308602nd Dec 2005 12:49 pm
adara

Romania 

Panosko, the Lexus looks like a vacuum cleaner, it is not an offroader and yes, it has worse seats than the Disco (I kept sliding in it). Although I had my share of trouble with my car, as Gareth says it has a soul and I'm totally in love with it. But if one has to explain all that to you maybe you shouldn't even be here?

Post #309503rd Dec 2005 6:27 am
panosko

I've made quite a lot research and I know that the Lexus is not an offroader at all. However, it has much better fuel consumption than the TDV6, it can be driven to the center of the town any without admittance, there are no taxes to pay for that car (hybrid), generally less cost in every way you see it. Anyway, the fact is that I finaly got my ordered TDV6 base 7-seater with rear locking diff. and alpine roof, and I have to forget about the Lexus. Now, I'll see if my decision was correct by first hand.
 LR3 TDV6, Base 7-seat, Alpine roof, rear locking diff.  
Post #309613rd Dec 2005 12:27 pm
JMG

Czech Republic 2006 LR3 TDV6 HSE Auto Vienna GreenLR3
Old and new

Hi there, just a fast question:

Will the NAV system willl be also working for Easten Europe countries, like the Czech Republic? I just order a LRS HSE but the dealer or the importeur in Prague are not that clead about the Navtech license for these countries...

I just sold my old disco 1 TDI from 97, feel bit of sad after all these years...
 Don't Imitate, Innovate.  
Post #3927226th Jan 2006 8:04 am
Pelyma

England 

Welcome JMG. I'm sorry I don't know, it might be better in the general or technical forums as its a bit quiet out here!
 DS3 TDV6 HSE - Silver with Alpaca (old one) Gone
DS3 TDV6 HSE- Silver with Alpaca (new one) Gone
D4 HSE Lux - Montalcino Red Gone
Porsche Cayenne V8 Diesel S 

Post #3927926th Jan 2006 8:49 am
AN

Hungary 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

When I asked couple of month ago the local dealer, I was told that there is no map for Hungary or for countries behind the iron curtain, but Czech can be an exception as some factory fitted NAV (like Navteq) has map for Czech. Local dealer should know exactly......

Regards, AN
 LR D3 S Black, Auto TDV6  
Post #3933226th Jan 2006 12:39 pm
Bogblaster

England 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux Auto Sumatra BlackDiscovery 4
Czech Maps

JMG, dobry den. My wife is Czech and I am sorry to tell you that the maps in the Disco stop about 500m from Rozvadov. I drove to the Cz three times
last year, the 2nd and 3rd time I took a Tomtom Go 700 with me and used that when I got to the border. I have asked LR if they plan to release a new map DVD incorporating Cz and their replay was "we don't know" However the tomtom maps work well and I found my way all around Moravia and Bohemia without any problems. I am sure LR will eventually get around to incorporating it into the DVD, however our other car is a Volvo and their maps; which include The Cz are on 3 DVD's not 1. So perhaps they will release an Eastern Europen DVD at an additional cost Evil or Very Mad
 D4 HSE Luxury SDV6,
Cameras, tow assist
Defender 90 Adventure
A4 Avant 3.0l TDI Twisted Evil
CLUB MTR
CLUB BLACK ALLOY
CLUB FFRR RIMS
CLUB VREDESTEIN WINTRAC 4 EXTREME 

Post #3940226th Jan 2006 5:10 pm
BN

England 

There is a slight problem with east europe because the Americans did not map it due to obvious political reasons. I have lived with this problem for ages and used Garmin and wrote our own tracks, using bread crumb trails.

I don't think there will be a quick fix for that region for some time.

Post #3941626th Jan 2006 7:18 pm
10forcash

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

completely the opposite is true there, the mapping is just as, if not more accurate, it is not available publicly due to licencing concerns - i.e. the proliferation of software copyright theft in eastern europe and that the US government class most software as a 'weapon' and therefore restricted in its export. as was the case with the PGP (encryption) software

... a non - googled answer Wink

Post #3943926th Jan 2006 8:33 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 4 <1234>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >