Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Wheels & Tyres

What is the Disco3 Wheel PCD & Offset?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
MrH

United Kingdom 
What is the Disco3 Wheel PCD & Offset?

Some of you may remember from one of my early posts I had a set of non LR 18" wheels. Despite being told they were for a Discovery 3 these turned out to be below the required weight rating for a Discovery 3 i.e. they are only 850Kg rated Thud Needles to say, I've now got a set of LR original 5 spoke 18" wheels which are correctly rated.

I'm going to try and get some recompense from the suppliers, but having read their fine print tonight I may well have missed my chance - we shall see. I should have check this out before I commited to buy and not taken their word for it. Embarassed At least I won't have lost much as I paid the same for the 4 tyres & wheels combined, as a set of 4 AT2's normally cost - should have known something was up then Confused

If I can't get the suppliers to take them back and give me a refund, I'm hoping to sell them; but wanting to be a consciencious seller, I'm going to state that they are not suitable for a Disco 3 and why, give their weight rating and hopefully also the PCD and wheel off-set - that way someone may find them suitable for their non Discovery 3 vehicle.

So finally coming to the point, can anyone please advise me what the PCD and Offset are for a Discovery 3 18" wheel; or where I might be able to find this information?

Thanks in advance Thumbs Up
 LRs are a fond memory, apart from the maintenance.  
Post #22897728th Nov 2007 7:32 pm
10forcash

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

by the magic of the search facility I found this..... Wink

http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/topic4799.ht...pcd+offset

Post #22900328th Nov 2007 8:40 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
simonsi

New Zealand 

If you want to be a conciencious seller then maybe better to measure your actual wheels as presumably they aren´t std D3 wheels in terms of weight rating so may be different dimensions too.

Lay rim face down, put a straight edge across the rim, measure from the straight edge to the wheel mounting face. This is the inset of the rim.

Measure the width of the rim. Subtract the inset figure obtained above, this gives you the offset of the rim.

Measure from the centre of the rim face to the centre of any wheel bolt hole, double it and this gives you the PCD (Pitch Circle Diameter if you didn´t know). Diameter of stud and number of studs give you everything you would probably want to know given that you have the weight rating already.

Hope this helps, its been a while since I regularly used this stuff so hopefully I´ve got it right Embarassed
 Cheers

Simon 

Post #22910028th Nov 2007 11:07 pm
MrH

United Kingdom 

Why do I keep forgetting about that Search Engine ? Victor Meldrew - Simon, your's is a very valid point, and I'll definitely do this rather than just assume them to be the same as LR wheels - thanks, both of you Thumbs Up
 LRs are a fond memory, apart from the maintenance.  
Post #22913729th Nov 2007 8:32 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >