Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > General

It was all going so well!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Cliff H

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Doing my stage 1 today has made me even more determined to have something done about my engine as the LRE D3 was again way quieter than mine even after 5500 miles of abviously hard work!

I will need some advice from you guys who have had serious problems with your cars as I think the dealer is not too interested in persuing my complaint (I will be asking for a copy of the EPQR to make sure that it has been done, is that reasonable?)

I am going to wait and see how well the dealers damage is sorted on the 29/30th but am preparing myself for a battle.
Any advice on my best way to persue this would be appreciated
 Zermatt silver 06 reg.

Gone but not forgotten !!! 

Post #3426622nd Dec 2005 6:40 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Cliff H

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Quick update

First chance today for a close look at the car in daylight.
MORE damage found!
Digs in the door card
Broken seat raising lever
Dig in the lower part of the centre consul
All along the sides of the car (the bits washed by the dealer) loads of "washing scratches" must have used a dirty sponge or someting as the bonnet that they did not washed is clear.
 Zermatt silver 06 reg.

Gone but not forgotten !!! 

Post #3450624th Dec 2005 1:31 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
BN

England 

Just a small but important point you should all know. If you submit an EPQR you should automatically receive a four page questionnaire each time from NOP World Automotive (an independent research company) working for LR. Not sure how they can be independent ?

No EPQR - no survey, no comment from you to LR about your problems, your car, the defects or your dealer quality and time for the job taken. I have filled in over 15 now re my car. It is up to you guys to insist on the EPQR being completed as dealers will 'forget', even though LR allow them time specially to complete an EPQR.

It is your only voice to LR for defect correction, quality control and praise, including dealer quality, skills and customer relations.

Thats it folks, Happy Christmas.

Post #3451424th Dec 2005 2:47 pm
simon

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

I get these every-time I visit the dealer for a book in service. Don't think they are particular to an EPQR.

Just if LR see on their system you've been to a dealer they send you one.

Even had one after having my tyre replaced by Williams in Manchester.

-s

Post #3456324th Dec 2005 7:14 pm
Slimer
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

Yup me too, after visting the dealer for minor or major issues
 The End  
Post #3456624th Dec 2005 7:26 pm
BN

England 

simon wrote:
I get these every-time I visit the dealer for a book in service. Don't think they are particular to an EPQR.

Just if LR see on their system you've been to a dealer they send you one.

Even had one after having my tyre replaced by Williams in Manchester.

-s

No you are quite correct, but it shows your dealers doing thier paperwork OK. If they do not complete their paperwork, the forms are not sent out. It is the only way to get your feelings back to LR by insisting on the EPQR. Poor dealers simply do not want LR to come in and inspect their premisses, so the forms are not completed.

One complaint from a customer via these forms, can get the quality control guys in from LR and the dealers do not like that one bit.

Post #3456824th Dec 2005 7:32 pm
rinaldo

France 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Manual Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

turbochip wrote:
I have heard of injector failures and some turbo replacements due to poor manufacturing processes....the engine blocks are incredibly strong.....Peugeot design very good diesel engines Wink

Hello Turbochip,

You heard about some turbo replacements? Can You tell me more about this?
I received my Discovery (Diesel) in November of this Year - since that I could use the car only for a few days, the rest of time the car was by the dealer (nearly 3 weeks now). He was not able to find out the reason why the display shows always "defaut systeme moteur" (french car). Yesterday he told me, that it should be the turbo which is not working correctly. Some hours later he told me that thes parts are not available at all (nice christmas present).

Apparently there have been a lot of turbo replacements and the parts are no more available - we had to make a "very urgent" dossier to maybe get one in january.

Has anybody any informations about this?

Thank You a lot for this very interesting forum (and sorry for my poor english)

Post #3462024th Dec 2005 9:37 pm
BN

England 

rinaldo wrote:
turbochip wrote:
I have heard of injector failures and some turbo replacements due to poor manufacturing processes....the engine blocks are incredibly strong.....Peugeot design very good diesel engines Wink

Hello Turbochip,

You heard about some turbo replacements? Can You tell me more about this?
I received my Discovery (Diesel) in November of this Year - since that I could use the car only for a few days, the rest of time the car was by the dealer (nearly 3 weeks now). He was not able to find out the reason why the display shows always "defaut systeme moteur" (french car). Yesterday he told me, that it should be the turbo which is not working correctly. Some hours later he told me that thes parts are not available at all (nice christmas present).

Apparently there have been a lot of turbo replacements and the parts are no more available - we had to make a "very urgent" dossier to maybe get one in january.

Has anybody any informations about this?

Thank You a lot for this very interesting forum (and sorry for my poor english)

Hi Rinaldo and welcome to the site and Merry Christmas. There have been a few turbo defects, but not that many. Replacement parts are however often a bit of a problem.

The problem sounds to me as if it is the on board computer from the comments. Obviously I can be wrong, but you can tell if the turbo is not working as the vehicle simply will not pull at around 1900 RPM especially. One of the greatest problems is the dealer skills. Some dealers do not have the full training to diagnose the problems as well as others.

Have you asked the dealer to try and reset the system for you and see what happens then.

Re your English, don't worry, mine is bad as well.

Post #3462924th Dec 2005 10:22 pm
rinaldo

France 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Manual Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

Hi BN,

I am quite sure that it`s the turbo - it`s exactly what You`re saying, there is no power around 1500 or 1900 tours. My dealer took the turbo out (before having checked that the part is available) after he had connected my motor by modem to Land Rover France. They told him to change the turbo.
Unfortunately now my car is immobilized for maybe two more weeks.
In every way I am a bit disappointed of my Disco, which is not going up the entrance road to my home (a rather steep but concrete road) in first gear in high range. I have to choose the low range to come up to my gate. The same thing is no problem for my Defender, even not for my small Fiesta. I think the disco is much to heavy.

Tanks for Your answer and good luck and happy new year

Post #3485528th Dec 2005 1:43 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >