Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > General

It was all going so well!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Cliff H

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3
It was all going so well!

Started engine and got SPECIAL PROGRAMS OFF (had not used them)
Turned the knob and got:
SYSTEM FAULT SPECIAL PROGRAMS NOT AVAILABLE.
Drove home, restarted and the fault cleared.

The car is going to the dealer on Saturday anyway for them to listen to the increasing engine noise so I will also mention this + the recall + do all of the park brakes squeak when releasing (auto)? I know there is more on this somewhere so will have to have a look
 Zermatt silver 06 reg.

Gone but not forgotten !!! 

Post #310924th Dec 2005 7:57 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
LRtuning

2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Adriatic BlueDiscovery 3

Cliff...this is yet another software issue on the car but LR can never find the fault when u take it in Wink
 Money talks.Sex sells.Mud sticks.Time flys. Censored happens.People talk.Impressions last!  
Post #310944th Dec 2005 8:04 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Cliff H

turbochip wrote:
Cliff...this is yet another software issue on the car but LR can never find the fault when u take it in Wink

Not too worried about the fault message if it is a one off.
More worried about the engine noise which is definately louder than when I picked it up.
I just know that they will say there is nothing wrong but I have compared it to 10forcash's car and it did have more of a diesel 'knock' to it and I am sure it wasn't there to begin with Confused
 Zermatt silver 06 reg.

Post #310964th Dec 2005 8:09 pm
Cliff H

Re: It was all going so well!

Cliff H wrote:
Turned the knob and got:

The car is going to the dealer on Saturday anyway for them to listen to the increasing engine noise so I will also mention this + the recall + do all of the park brakes squeak when releasing (auto)? I know there is more on this somewhere so will have to have a look

Phoned the dealer to tell them about the other problems (originaly only booked in for the engine noise) the lady on the service desk said " no problem we will get all that sorted for you on Saturday morning"

No that would be a christmas miracle Laughing
 Zermatt silver 06 reg.

Post #311915th Dec 2005 6:55 pm
LRtuning

What? They can replace an engine on a Saturday morning? Wink
 Money talks.Sex sells.Mud sticks.Time flys. Censored happens.People talk.Impressions last!  
Post #312015th Dec 2005 7:45 pm
Cliff H

turbochip wrote:
What? They can replace an engine on a Saturday morning? Wink

And replace the faulty gearbox component and the park brake shoes don't forget Laughing

if there is a problem with the engine (which I am just about sure there is) would they always go for a straight replacement or would they try and do a repair, which I would be very unhappy about?
 Zermatt silver 06 reg.

Post #312145th Dec 2005 8:35 pm
LRtuning

Cliff,

They have no spare parts for the engines at present so u would get a brand new replacement Wink
Post #312215th Dec 2005 9:43 pm
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

turbochip wrote:
Cliff,

They have no spare parts for the engines at present so u would get a brand new replacement Wink

TC, Are you aware of any engine failures out there? I believe it is a very strong unit.

Post #312295th Dec 2005 10:18 pm
Cliff H

turbochip wrote:
Cliff,

So
Possibly a new engine plus gearbox removed new bit fitted and then everything put back together. Confused
Is this the most major work anybody has had done?
Plus squeaky park brake and one off fault message!
 Zermatt silver 06 reg.

Post #312315th Dec 2005 10:21 pm
Malcolm

England 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Tonga GreenDiscovery 3
it was all going so well

when you get these random faults it will be the start of the computers re-programming themselves which ends up in a new ecu being installed.

Post #313286th Dec 2005 1:08 pm
Cliff H

Re: It was all going so well!

Cliff H wrote:
Turned the knob and got:

Well back from the dealer Confused
Technician was saying he didn't think there was a problem with the engine noise 'some are noisier than others' but when they had it in the workshop for an hour he said he had spoken to LR and they said to monitor it for another 2K mmm why ring them if he thought there was nothing unusual?

Other issues.
Fault message was a 'communication error' not a problem!
Sqeaking park brake they will strip down at a later date.
New drivers seat base ordered as mine is sagging and the cover has gone floppy after 2K (no I am not over weight!)
Slight paint fault noted and bodywork report sent to LR. They wanted to rectify it but I want it left alone and just noted for now.

What should be my next line of attack about the engine as I am not happy that it has definately got noisier after 2K?
 Zermatt silver 06 reg.

Post #3217210th Dec 2005 1:23 pm
Cliff H

Well back from the dealer again!!
Sat there for the best part of FIVE hours while they struggled with the seat base.
Turns out that the heater elements were fused somehow to the cushion so they could not replace the cushion., I also said that I wanted a back to back engine noise test.
Guess what, mine was noisier!!
The technician said that there are some that are noisier than others but up to me if I want to persue it errrr YES.
He also said that they have replaced 2 TDV6 engines due to injector problems.

Finally got home and decided to have a look at the seat base and had a lovely surprise of a damaged a post trim and scuff on the sill trim.
Looked around a bit more and found a crack in the rear light lens!!!

Staying very calm rang the dealer and got an apology and was told all will be put right when the car goes in on the 29th for the seat part 2.

Anyway BN would be proud.
Dealer is doing 2 EPQR 1 for the seat and 1 for the engine!
 Zermatt silver 06 reg.

Post #3397620th Dec 2005 5:22 pm
10forcash

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Sorry to hear it mate..... Sad but good to hear that you were persistent enough to get them to do the EPQR thingys Thumbs Up

Post #3397820th Dec 2005 5:26 pm
Cliff H

10forcash wrote:
Sorry to hear it mate..... Sad but good to hear that you were persistent enough to get them to do the EPQR thingys Thumbs Up

Didn't even have to ask!
I think they wanted to do the one for the seat because of all the bother they had and the one for the engine is the next step in the complaint procedure. They reckon the car will probably get a visit from someone at LR technical sometime in Feb.
 Zermatt silver 06 reg.

Post #3397920th Dec 2005 5:31 pm
LRtuning

I have heard of injector failures and some turbo replacements due to poor manufacturing processes....the engine blocks are incredibly strong.....Peugeot design very good diesel engines Wink
Post #3399020th Dec 2005 6:23 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >