Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Faults & Fixes (D4)

and it was all going so well
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Smarticus

2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Ipanema SandDiscovery 4

Still not fixed after 4 weeks. The troublsome error messages (stability control inoperative, gearbox fault, park brake inoperative etc etc) still appear at random intervals. Sometimes not for days, sometimes every 30 minutes. A switch on and off usually shifts them. But then the car had a complete fit one morning when nothing worked at all at first - then every light on the car started flashing on and off as if posessed. LRA took her away shaking their heads. The dealer could find nothing wrong - isn't that always the case. Eventually they tracked down a loose earth on the battery and sent her home. This weekend all the error messages have returned - again sometimes every 20 minutes - sometimes every few hours of driving. And a new problem has appeared. A "lazy" throttle. After slowing down and easing off the throttle, applying new pressure to the throttle gets no response - as if the car has dozed off. Like a normal lag on the D3 - only measured in seconds not milliseconds. Then the vehicle leaps back into life as if she has just woken up.

Anyone been here before - and if so - what was the solution ?
 Disco 4 TDV6HSE
Defender 200TDi CSW
RR Evoque 

Post #58926724th Jan 2010 9:52 pm
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

Sorry to hear this Mark, time for an escalation to a higher level maybe Question 4 weeks is a long time in a new car.

Post #58927724th Jan 2010 9:57 pm
Smarticus

Gareth - serves us right I guess - for being the D4 Beta testers. Feels quite similar to the D3 we bought on launch day. Had a number of teething troubles with that which threw up lots of error codes and colourful lights on the dash. Once sorted it was just fine. Hopefully this one will be soon.
 Disco 4 TDV6HSE
Defender 200TDi CSW
RR Evoque 

Post #58935624th Jan 2010 10:59 pm
AndyMc

United Kingdom 
Update for newbie

Hi How is your D4 now?

I'm looking to order pretty soon & would like some feedback before i do, although i doubt it wold stop me ordering anyhow?

Andy

Post #59393831st Jan 2010 1:22 pm
Smarticus

Andy - don't worry. We have one of the earliest build D4's. That is always a bit of a gamble with any new model as, quite literally, the factory are still learning how to assemble the vehicle and the component manufacturers are still learning how to make the components. Net result is the first 500 cars off any production line will always be a bit more prone to niggles than later builds. If you order now you will be getting a build which is well well after they have ironed out the glitches.

Our vehicle was back to the dealer a couple of times and is now performing fine (fingers crossed). The first time it was they found the main earth cable had not been properly tightened in the factory. And the second time they found a sensor under the brake pedal was feeding duff data to the ECU so was replaced. The combination of those two matters had caused our electrical gremlins. Typical early build niggles.

And when the vehicle is working well it is so fantastic - that we can forgive it its youthful indiscretions. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another of these cars. I simply cannot think of anything I would rather my wife and children travel in. And they are catching on big time. There are now 4 D4's in our street alone.
 Disco 4 TDV6HSE
Defender 200TDi CSW
RR Evoque 

Post #59420431st Jan 2010 8:07 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >