Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > My Discovery 3

It knows I'm considering chopping it in...
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
SN

It knows I'm considering chopping it in...

Got up a bit late this morning (after too many scoops last night) and did a quick 2 mile trip to drop AJ at a hockey match. Came back, stuck the D3 on the drive, turned the ignition off and tried to take the key out.

Wouldn't bl**dy come out!!! Evil or Very Mad

Totally stuck!!! Started the car a couple of times, switch off and still couldn't get the bl**dy thing out.

As I said to SWMBO (coz I ain't seen this on here) - "well this is a new one on me?"

Thought it might be the steering lock - so started it and drove about 100 yards turning the wheel to both maximum opposite locks.

Key came out fine Confused

And has been fine ever since Wink

Anyone else had this? Will get GS to 'lubricate' stuff around the steering lock on Monday when they're trying to work out where my acrid stink is coming from Rolling Eyes
 Steve N | 21MY Defender | 08MY Discovery 3 (history) | 06MY Discovery 3 (ancient history)   
Post #37746922nd Nov 2008 9:10 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
DSL
Keeper of the wheelie bin 

Ukraine 

Could it be the locking thingie that stops you taking the key out unless it is in P??? Looking like these cars know when you think about replacing them!!! Shocked

Post #37747222nd Nov 2008 9:14 pm
MacLeod 313

Scotland 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

You sure the acrid stink is'nt the FBH. Mine really stank today, and the smell came through the vents, had to investigate and found the FBH had just started

Post #37748822nd Nov 2008 9:56 pm
SN

Yep - have had the stink on my last two motorway journeys of any length - 2 1/2 hours of it the last one - fully warmed up by then Neutral
 Steve N | 21MY Defender | 08MY Discovery 3 (history) | 06MY Discovery 3 (ancient history)   
Post #37753322nd Nov 2008 11:37 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
dick dastardly

Switzerland 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Twice i've been in D and stopped the engine in a traffic jam, then tried to start and the engine wont turn over until in P. Once tried to take keys out after stopping motor, chat to wifey, cant get keys out, auto still in D.

Once even tried to turn off engine whilst mobile, some sort of silly reset idea in head to see what happens. Could have proved fatal, could not restart engine whilst mobile and lost power steering ! I am a daft git Embarassed
 There's one wheel on my wagon, but i'm still rollin' along, it's the cherokee, they're after me, but I'm singing a happy song  
Post #37755123rd Nov 2008 12:13 am
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

It was not in Park properly Steve, your gear shift may need adjusting slightly. Mine has done this a few times. Usually sorted by shifting to R then back to P.

Post #37756623rd Nov 2008 12:35 am
SN

This is what I'm coming round to thinking - in one of those "did it" or "didn't it" moments last week, I "thought" I struggled to get it OUT of Park into Drive - wasn't sure whether I'd presse the lever button properly Confused
Post #37757823rd Nov 2008 1:02 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >