Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > General

I've joined the club
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Chilipalmer

2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3
I've joined the club

So after a bit of deciding I've switched my wife's car from a Merc ML to an 06MY HSE. A bit of a decision partly down to the fact that I wanted another ML but she wanted something with 7 seats so that ruled the new ML out. Tried the XC90 and then tested an HSE, what a difference, the Volvo was like a tractor compared to the Disco, in fact the Disco impressed more than the Merc. So then spent a couple of weeks trying to sort out a deal, found out that there are some iffy dealers out there (I'm spending £35-40k on a car and they will only let you have a 30 min accompanied test drive!) but this week agreed a deal on a July 06 HSE Zermat Silver with black leather and 5,700 miles for £34,000 from a main dealer. Can't wait now to get my hands on it!

Anyway, the main point of this was to find out if there is anything I should get sorted before taking delivery e.g. upgrade to the latest version of the satnav DVD or getting the turbochip upgrade (is there an official LR enhancement for the chip - one dealer said there was?). All advice really welcome.

Post #11054016th Dec 2006 11:04 pm
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

Just make sure its had all the Land Rover enhancement program carried out.

Check all obvious things like the top mounting on the right hand tailgate strut, If its loose then the dealer may not have done the other items in the enhancement program. Its a very common thing to find the mounting loose. Make sure it drives straight, with the wheel centred. Check the rear tyres, especially the inner edges for wear, if worn ask to see evidence of a recent all wheel alignment check.

These are all known issues that are documented on Land Rovers own Global Technical Reference site http://www.landrover.com/gb/en/Owners/Owne...erview.htm Go to GTR and have a look.

If you display a little knowledge to your dealer, they will be less likely to feed you bullsh1t

Most of all, enjoy it.

Post #11054116th Dec 2006 11:15 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >