Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Wheels & Tyres

jack and handle
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
wideparting
 


Member Since: 20 Jul 2017
Location: wirral
Posts: 12

United Kingdom 
jack and handle

hi guys recently bought a disco 3.found the jack but no handle or wheelbrace in the compartment right side of the boot.are the wheelbrace and handle kept somewhere else or is it just missing. no manual with the car to assist me. thanks .j
  
Post #187338629th Oct 2017 11:52 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Reply with quote
OJ-LR4
 


Member Since: 01 Oct 2017
Location: Loch Leven
Posts: 345

Scotland 2015 LR4 3.0 SDV6 SE Tech Auto Corris GreyLR4

Hi J. Normally altogether in the black bag, somebody might have had them out and not put them back, im sure somebody on the forum will have a spare.
Don’t suppose they are in the other side or left under the boot lid where the spare wheel winder is.
  
Post #187339829th Oct 2017 12:25 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Reply with quote
tayaste
 


Member Since: 15 May 2013
Location: Chester
Posts: 6849

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Throw the Jack away now too.
   
Post #187340229th Oct 2017 12:34 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Reply with quote
DN
D3 Decade 


Member Since: 23 Jun 2006
Location: W.London.
Posts: 1695

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

If you don't find them, then a jack handle will be needed ( but bear in mind the LR supplied jack is not that safe to use Whistle ), the wheel brace I wouldn't bother with either, just get yourself a 1/2" drive breaker bar, and a 22mm hex socket to go on it. Thumbs Up
 

D3 owned from new, and retrofitted by me....Front Fogs, Xenons, h/lamp wash, tow electrics, Cruise Control, smooth leather steering wheel, 19" alloys, BAS FBHIC, LR013487 oil pump, AF RRS front lower suspension arms. NO WARRANTY for last 7 yrs. 


Last edited by DN on 29th Oct 2017 12:37 pm. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #187340329th Oct 2017 12:36 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Reply with quote
wideparting
 


Member Since: 20 Jul 2017
Location: wirral
Posts: 12

United Kingdom 

thanks for the quick reply,had a look in the other side and just a load of wires.7 seater so no room for anything under the rear seats.the jack is in a polystyrene recessed bit,but nothing else.oh well off to ebay. thanks again.j
  
Post #187340429th Oct 2017 12:36 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Reply with quote
DN
D3 Decade 


Member Since: 23 Jun 2006
Location: W.London.
Posts: 1695

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

There should be 2 metal foldable chocks in that bag too, are they also missing ?
 

D3 owned from new, and retrofitted by me....Front Fogs, Xenons, h/lamp wash, tow electrics, Cruise Control, smooth leather steering wheel, 19" alloys, BAS FBHIC, LR013487 oil pump, AF RRS front lower suspension arms. NO WARRANTY for last 7 yrs. 
 
Post #187340729th Oct 2017 12:41 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Reply with quote
OJ-LR4
 


Member Since: 01 Oct 2017
Location: Loch Leven
Posts: 345

Scotland 2015 LR4 3.0 SDV6 SE Tech Auto Corris GreyLR4
Re: jack and handle

wideparting wrote:
hi guys recently bought a disco 3.found the jack but no handle or wheelbrace in the compartment right side of the boot.are the wheelbrace and handle kept somewhere else or is it just missing. no manual with the car to assist me. thanks .j


Have a gander here (enter your own car info) for the manual, good advice to have something on board if you are in the middle of nowhere with a flat tyre, make sure you’ve got the locking wheel nut key and that it actually fits yours. Thumbs Up long breaker bar sounds good helps when the nuts are on a bit tighter than the supplied one will take off.

https://topix.landrover.jlrext.com/topix/c...oupId=1655
 

Last edited by OJ-LR4 on 29th Oct 2017 12:56 pm. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #187340929th Oct 2017 12:50 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Reply with quote
wideparting
 


Member Since: 20 Jul 2017
Location: wirral
Posts: 12

United Kingdom 

DN wrote:
If you don't find them, then a jack handle will be needed ( but bear in mind the LR supplied jack is not that safe to use Whistle ), the wheel brace I wouldn't bother with either, just get yourself a 1/2" drive breaker bar, and a 22mm hex socket to go on it. Thumbs Up




thanks can you recommend one,the last one I bought bent the first time I used it [td5]
  
Post #187341029th Oct 2017 12:51 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Reply with quote
wideparting
 


Member Since: 20 Jul 2017
Location: wirral
Posts: 12

United Kingdom 

DN wrote:
There should be 2 metal foldable chocks in that bag too, are they also missing ?



yep just the jack,no bag
  
Post #187341129th Oct 2017 12:52 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Reply with quote
OJ-LR4
 


Member Since: 01 Oct 2017
Location: Loch Leven
Posts: 345

Scotland 2015 LR4 3.0 SDV6 SE Tech Auto Corris GreyLR4

wideparting wrote:
DN wrote:
If you don't find them, then a jack handle will be needed ( but bear in mind the LR supplied jack is not that safe to use Whistle ), the wheel brace I wouldn't bother with either, just get yourself a 1/2" drive breaker bar, and a 22mm hex socket to go on it. Thumbs Up




thanks can you recommend one,the last one I bought bent the first time I used it [td5]


Have a look in Halfords or if your near a tool stockist, buy the best one you can afford, or a nice torque wrench then you know how tight the nuts should be. Thumbs Up
  
Post #187341329th Oct 2017 12:59 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Reply with quote
DN
D3 Decade 


Member Since: 23 Jun 2006
Location: W.London.
Posts: 1695

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Sealey AK730 breaker bar ( 600mm long), or you can get longer ones if you wish, and a socket from the Halfrauds range should do. Thumbs Up
 

D3 owned from new, and retrofitted by me....Front Fogs, Xenons, h/lamp wash, tow electrics, Cruise Control, smooth leather steering wheel, 19" alloys, BAS FBHIC, LR013487 oil pump, AF RRS front lower suspension arms. NO WARRANTY for last 7 yrs. 
 
Post #187341429th Oct 2017 1:03 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Reply with quote
wideparting
 


Member Since: 20 Jul 2017
Location: wirral
Posts: 12

United Kingdom 

OJ-LR4 wrote:
wideparting wrote:
DN wrote:
If you don't find them, then a jack handle will be needed ( but bear in mind the LR supplied jack is not that safe to use Whistle ), the wheel brace I wouldn't bother with either, just get yourself a 1/2" drive breaker bar, and a 22mm hex socket to go on it. Thumbs Up




thanks can you recommend one,the last one I bought bent the first time I used it [td5]


Have a look in Halfords or if your near a tool stockist, buy the best one you can afford, or a nice torque wrench then you know how tight the nuts should be. Thumbs Up


thanks Thumbs Up
  
Post #187341529th Oct 2017 1:06 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Reply with quote
wideparting
 


Member Since: 20 Jul 2017
Location: wirral
Posts: 12

United Kingdom 

DN wrote:
Sealey AK730 breaker bar ( 600mm long), or you can get longer ones if you wish, and a socket from the Halfrauds range should do. Thumbs Up


thanks Thumbs Up
  
Post #187341629th Oct 2017 1:07 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Reply with quote
James W
 


Member Since: 27 Mar 2008
Location: Wirral, UK
Posts: 1139

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 XS Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 4

Welcome to the forum from another fellow Wirralian Thumbs Up
 D4 XS, Prospeed Rack & Ladder, Drawer System, Split Charge, GG AT2s  
Post #187342529th Oct 2017 1:50 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Post Reply
Display posts from the last:  
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >


Posting Rules
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum



DISCO4.COM Copyright © 2004-2017 Futuranet Ltd & Martin Lewis
DISCO3.CO.UK RSS Feed - All Forums Follow DISCO4.COM on twitter

DISCO4.COM is independent and not affiliated to Land Rover.
Switch to Mobile Site