Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > General

Just bought an LR3...
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
jwc3

United States 2005 LR3 4.4 V8 SE Auto Java BlackLR3
Just bought an LR3...

Hello, gang. I bought an LR3 yesterday. Very Happy Just wanted to thank all on this forum for its weath of information you have provided while I've been lurking.

This is my third Land Rover. My first was a black 1996 Series I Disco that lasted for 135k miles. I loved it, although in hidsight it was a bit expensive to maintain. My original plan was to drive it until the LR3 was available, however, it died about three months too early. Sad So, I bought a dark blue 2004 Disco Series II. (I wanted another black one, my favorite car color, but there were none on that lot that day, and I had to buy quickly.) The 2004 was a great vehicle -- I never had any trouble whatsoever. But, my true love was still the LR3...

The LR3 that I purchased is a 2005 LR3 SE with 13k miles. I bought it from the same dealer as the frist two. The LR3 has the third row seats, the xenon lighting package, and the cold weather package. It's black on black so, of course, the first song I listened to on the way home was "Back in Black" by AC/DC. I love the clean, crisp design of the LR3 -- it's the best-looking SUV on the road today.

I'll keep the group posted from time-to-time on the new LR3. Time to go stare at it agian in the drive way... 8)

Post #450361st Mar 2006 5:33 pm
Mossy

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3
Re: Just bought an LR3...

jwc3 wrote:
I'll keep the group posted from time-to-time on the new LR3. Time to go stare at it agian in the drive way... 8)

Sounds like a good one!!! Oh and you go and stare... you'll never grow tired of looking at it. Laughing Or driving it!!!
 D3 HSE V8...  
Post #450371st Mar 2006 5:57 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
SN

My wife thinks it's sad that I 'stare' at my D3 - she doesn't understand, does she! Confused
 Steve N | 21MY Defender | 08MY Discovery 3 (history) | 06MY Discovery 3 (ancient history)   
Post #450411st Mar 2006 6:20 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
RLD
Uncle Ray 

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3
LR3

It a man thing Wink
 Home of RLD Hidden winch mounts Spare wheel Locks Trailer Body Fabrication [email protected] D3/4 sump plates MY 14 sump plates and the Discovery Sport wheel protectors Discovery 5 wheel locks
more Helsport tents and other things for camping Law of Mechanical Repair:
"After your hands are coated with grease, your nose will begin to itch and you'll have to pee!" 

Post #450471st Mar 2006 6:48 pm
jwc3

United States 2005 LR3 4.4 V8 SE Auto Java BlackLR3
Re: LR3

RLD wrote:
It a man thing Wink

I think there is something to that. When my wife came outside to leave for work this morning she found me in the driveway with my car-crazy neighbor. We were giggling like school boys as we made the air suspension go up and down, up and down... Laughing

Post #451091st Mar 2006 9:50 pm
SN

Re: LR3

jwc3 wrote:
RLD wrote:
It a man thing Wink

I think there is something to that. When my wife came outside to leave for work this morning she found me in the driveway with my car-crazy neighbor. We were giggling like school boys as we made the air suspension go up and down, up and down... Laughing

Been there, done that.... Laughing Laughing Laughing
 Steve N | 21MY Defender | 08MY Discovery 3 (history) | 06MY Discovery 3 (ancient history)   
Post #451251st Mar 2006 10:39 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >