DISCO4.COM > Off Topic - Humour, Rants & Pointless Posts

Just getting this off my chest - F**K**g Dealers
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
al cope

England 
Just getting this off my chest - F**K**g Dealers

No need to reply, (unless you want to), just wanted to vent some steam

So, the stereo display on new D3 has some dodgy pixels (nice little Xmas tree sort of pattern). No prob you'd think, get it fixed under warrenty.

So, D3 was in stealers a week ago, this fault was listed for attention - was it fixed - NO

We need it back for two more days says Mr Serviceman, one day to evaluate it, get the LR authorisation, next to to fix it.

Well, as you're miles from me, says I, I'll go to a local dealer, which I promptly try - who BOTH give me the two day Censored .

all it needs is somebody with half decent eyesight to walk out of the nice warm service area, see the issue, walk back in, order the part (with LR authorisation if that's whats needed) and give me a date to book it in and fix it!

So when exactly did following procedure get mixed up with delivering customer service, 'cause somebody has F**Ked up somewhere.

rant over - for now
Al
 Volvo XC90 B5 Plus Dark
Gone - MY18 D5 HSE - Corris on 22's with Black Pack
Now gone - MY16 D4 SE Tech, Loire Blue, Almond Leather, Privacy, plus some other goodies.
Old - MY12 D4 SDV6 XS Auto - Ipanema Sand with Almond Leather - Plus other niceties, and D4.com sticker
Older - D3 TDV6 XS Auto - Lugano Teal with Almond Leather, 20" Stormers, Shiny Tailpipes, DVD/TV - and obligatory D3 sticker
Ancient - D3 TDV6 S - Tonga with Ebony, 20" Stormers, satnav & DVD 

Post #53678019th Oct 2009 2:55 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
grzesiul

Poland 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Auto Loire BlueDiscovery 4

spot on m8 spot on, to look at even slightes problem they need to take the car in as there would be deadly for them to walk out for a minute a take a quick look, it is not cust service it is lazy ass human nature Censored the guy with better car attitude
cheers

Post #53679319th Oct 2009 3:28 pm
fisherman

Wales 

Dunton LR have had my car since Thursday last week and still couldn't tell me when the part would be available for a three hour repair. I have left 5 messages on machines and one with a receptionist who promised to call back. None have called at all.
I have managed, with the help of this site and Nick at Yeovil to source the part and get it to them tomorrow.
I wish the Censored at Dunton were a bit closer. Then I could pop over there and interupt their tea break.
Evil or Very Mad
 FFRR 2017 4.4SDV8 Autobiography. Cost so much I must be mad!
D4 HSE 2012 Like a second wife, more expensive but goes better! I almost cried this time!
D3 HSE 2006 (Almost 8 years together, true love)
Land Cruiser VX 1994 11 years together, wife cried when I p/ex'd for my D3 

Post #53679919th Oct 2009 3:39 pm
SN

Sometimes shouting in the dealership can help here - Dealer Principal should come out of his warm office to 'smooth' things over quickly... Thumbs Up

(PS don't do this with SWMBO present)
 Steve N | 21MY Defender | 08MY Discovery 3 (history) | 06MY Discovery 3 (ancient history)   
Post #53680819th Oct 2009 4:00 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
SJR

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Arctic FrostDiscovery 3

SN wrote:
Sometimes shouting in the dealership can help here - Dealer Principal should come out of his warm office to 'smooth' things over quickly... Thumbs Up

(PS don't do this with SWMBO present)

It works especially well when they are busy showing potential customers around new vehicles for some reason Wink Whistle
 I believe that every human has a finite number of heart-beats. I don't intend to waste any of mine running around doing exercises.
Buzz Aldrin (1930 - 

Post #53680919th Oct 2009 4:03 pm
90BHP

United Kingdom 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Works best if you tell somebody who is choosing the spec of their new FFRR to get it serviced somewhere else Thumbs Up

Al, you are spot on. Somebody somewhere is getting authorisation and protocol mixed up with customer service. Good luck getting it sorted without causing injury to yourself or somebody else Embarassed
 "To finish first, one first has to finish ...."  
Post #53682519th Oct 2009 5:06 pm
Popelka

Czech Republic 

I just dont understand the issue, I dont look at my radio when I have it on I listen to it Whistle Whistle Wink
 Experience is a difficult teacher, because she gives the test first and then the lesson afterwards!!!!  
Post #53682819th Oct 2009 5:25 pm
al cope

England 

So you dont look to se what radio station you are on, what CD track you are on, what phone number is in use

just 'cause you are a 1000 miles away, dont start! Twisted Evil

Al
 Volvo XC90 B5 Plus Dark
Now gone - MY16 D4 SE Tech, Loire Blue, Almond Leather, Privacy, plus some other goodies.
Old - MY12 D4 SDV6 XS Auto - Ipanema Sand with Almond Leather - Plus other niceties, and D4.com sticker
Older - D3 TDV6 XS Auto - Lugano Teal with Almond Leather, 20" Stormers, Shiny Tailpipes, DVD/TV - and obligatory D3 sticker

Post #53682919th Oct 2009 5:31 pm
flinty99

England 

Laughing

Looks like the handbags maybe required for a second night in a row.
 For details on the next Kielder Safari click visit the Kielder Safari website

Sold: HSE-G4, Tangiers Orange. (one of your 5 Discoverys a day)

Member of CFT 

Post #53685619th Oct 2009 6:21 pm
al cope

England 

Nah - we've outsourced part of our helpdesk to Prague, so I know Popelka's got enough other things to worry about Rolling with laughter

Al
 Volvo XC90 B5 Plus Dark

Post #53688019th Oct 2009 7:10 pm
Mark Y

United Kingdom 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Sumatra BlackDiscovery 4

I know someone who had his RRS in for evaluation on a repair, they told him they would need it for 2-3 days, he played up and insisted on a courtesy car, he got FFRR, after it was all signed for and he was saying his goodbyes, dropped in that he had every intention of going to a pay and play the next day, guess what his car was ready for collection the next day

Post #53689419th Oct 2009 7:24 pm
flinty99

England 

I guess that would focus the dealers on doing the repair Laughing Laughing
 For details on the next Kielder Safari click visit the Kielder Safari website

Sold: HSE-G4, Tangiers Orange. (one of your 5 Discoverys a day)

Member of CFT 

Post #53689719th Oct 2009 7:26 pm
Popelka

Czech Republic 

al cope wrote:
part of our helpdesk to Prague, so I know Popelka's got enough other things to worry about Rolling with laughter l

Only part of helpdesk:?: Rolling with laughter

radio/cd is only on when SWIMBO drives, me I'm too busy listening to the car rattle
Wink
 Experience is a difficult teacher, because she gives the test first and then the lesson afterwards!!!!  
Post #53693119th Oct 2009 8:15 pm
NoDo$h

Ukraine 

They had outsourced all of it, but some local nicked half of it. Whistle
 I know it's not considered "kind" to say no these days, but no. Just no, ok? And if it's not ok, still no.  
Post #53699819th Oct 2009 10:00 pm
al cope

England 

given the responses we get, half of it is definately missing Rolling with laughter

Al
 Volvo XC90 B5 Plus Dark

Post #53709420th Oct 2009 8:41 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >