Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Technical (D3)

KEY FOB
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
cayman6

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Tonga GreenDiscovery 3
KEY FOB

Key fob went FUBAR this weekend whilst wife in charge of D3 at kids party, remember dropping it on friday from about 3 feet but maybe just a coincedence. Anyway went to rescue her with spare after some of the dads at party couldn't get the emergency release to work. For some reason decided to see if i could get the release to work and used the good spare to do it and guess what i snapped the key from the base of fob trying, could kick myself so hard. Two keys look like they are goosed good afternoons work. Two questions can the flick part of the key be replaced? and how much are two new keys if stuffed?.I know the car is five years old but i thought key life was longer than that and what use is an emergency release when the one time you need it it has seized and has the ability to snap the key from the fob, its just pants.
 TONGA GREEN TDV6 S MANUAL
STAINLESS STEEL PROTECTION TUBES
19" HSE ALLOYS
PRIVACY GLASS
G4 DECALS

RRS'S ARE DISCO'S IN DRAG 

Post #6127992nd Mar 2010 12:32 am
Sasquatch58

To all members,
The KEY FOB issue that seems to be happening to many members....The Queen of the house( no disrespect to the Brits) or Queeney, has had trouble with her fobs as well. The local LR dealer replaced everything and anything, which I was glad of and even left behind a tool in the drivers door while doing so. It seems that a little know fact is that if your Queeney has DROPPED the FOB more than 11,000 times there is a simple fix. First consider I am 6'1'' tall and weigh 250 pounds. A slight tap to me is just that...a tap. Queeney says "you don't know your own strength" Big Cry all the time to me so go figure. Back to the tap...using your thumb and index finger grasp the fob and gently tap but do not limp wrist it on a firm surface opposite the key side and this will settle all those little gremlins down inside. BUT, believe me when I say gremlins because they will reappear and you will need to reapply said technique. Until next time, Happy Motoring and Safe Journeys.
Sasquatch Mr. Green [/b]
 Sasquatch
98 Discovery II 81000 miles
005 LR3 50000
05 PHAT Dodge Diesel 43159
05 Harley Ultra 13321
Broke again, send money fast! 

Post #65010917th May 2010 7:02 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >