Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > General

Land Rover CS-Cruise Control
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 4 <1234>
BN

England 

Vehicle repaied and found to be steering wheel control ring.

Post #1965725th Sep 2005 9:10 pm
Slimer
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

I gather it's been trouble free at last since the repair?
 The End  
Post #1966225th Sep 2005 9:17 pm
BN

England 

Slimer wrote:

So far so good, but I am still trying to work out how it effected the suspension as well? Now for the seat and pre heater again.

Post #1966325th Sep 2005 9:18 pm
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

BN wrote:
Slimer wrote:

So far so good, but I am still trying to work out how it effected the suspension as well? Now for the seat and pre heater again.

Have you not heard of "The Chaos Theory"? A butterfly flaps it wings in China, and causes a Tornado in America.

Post #1966625th Sep 2005 9:25 pm
BN

England 

Thats a point

Post #1966925th Sep 2005 9:28 pm
JAY

England 
Cruise Control issue

LR replaced my Cruise control and switchgear after it repeatedly failed. Ironically it failed once when the LR tech rep was driving and telling me that there was no known issues with it...

Post #2018528th Sep 2005 10:41 am
BN

England 
Re: Cruise Control issue

JAY wrote:
LR replaced my Cruise control and switchgear after it repeatedly failed. Ironically it failed once when the LR tech rep was driving and telling me that there was no known issues with it...

Hello Jay and welcome. Unfortunately the LRCS do not always divulge the facts. Did you ensure that the dealer completed an EPQR. If they did not, LR would have an excuse. It is the fault reporting system.

My fault turned out to be the steering ring behind the wheel that was effecting a lot of things, mostly the cruise control.

Post #2019628th Sep 2005 12:39 pm
JAY

England 

Thanks BN and very interesting reading... wish I'd signed up when it all started to go a bit "Pete Tong" as I was getting the runaround from LRCS and I could have done with the moral support. In answer to your question, yes there was/ are numerous fault tickets with LR.. In another thread I mentioned it's been back to the Factory to try and cure driveline shunt (it's still there) and apparently there will be a TSB on it sometime in the future... ah well xmas is coming...

Last edited by JAY on 28th Sep 2005 6:47 pm. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #2023328th Sep 2005 6:36 pm
10forcash

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

JAY wrote:
Thanks BN and very interesting reading... wish I'd signed up when it all started to go a bit "Pete Tong" as I was getting the runaround from LRCS and I could have done with the moral support. In answer to your question, yes there was/ are numerous fault tickets with LR.. In another thread I mentioned it's been back to the Factory to try and cure driveline shunt (it's still there) and apparently there will be a TSB on it sometimne in the future... ah well xmas is coming...
Hmmmm... notice the driveline shunt on mine (manual) thought it was my driving Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes  
Post #2023428th Sep 2005 6:41 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
JAY

England 

I have an auto and it occurs in stop start traffic when you go from "no drive" to "drive" around 10mph or so.. without a clutch it's tricky to judge where in the drivetrain it is but LR have fitted a new "hand built" front diff which has made no difference. Incidentally the LR corporate '04 plate HSE 25k miles loan car was even worse so doesn't bode well for future

Post #2023728th Sep 2005 6:50 pm
BN

England 

Drive line play is not unusual, but excessive play should not be there.

Post #2024028th Sep 2005 6:54 pm
10forcash

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

JAY wrote:
I have an auto and it occurs in stop start traffic when you go from "no drive" to "drive" around 10mph or so.. without a clutch it's tricky to judge where in the drivetrain it is but LR have fitted a new "hand built" front diff which has made no difference. Incidentally the LR corporate '04 plate HSE 25k miles loan car was even worse so doesn't bode well for future
I've had it a couple of times when coming off or on the throttle....feels very much like a 'retro disco' but no issues when pulling away - unlike the retro.... I will be interested to read the tech bulletin....  
Post #2024128th Sep 2005 6:56 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
JAY

England 

I know that.. you know that.. but try telling LRCS that... Even my dealer is getting frustrated with them. Wouldn't mind but I had the "they all do that" from LR until I went out with them in mine and then a demo from the dealer... Still no result though. Talking to my lawyers now.... Real shame too as I LOVE the car!!

Post #2024428th Sep 2005 6:58 pm
BN

England 

JAY wrote:
I know that.. you know that.. but try telling LRCS that... Even my dealer is getting frustrated with them. Wouldn't mind but I had the "they all do that" from LR until I went out with them in mine and then a demo from the dealer... Still no result though. Talking to my lawyers now.... Real shame too as I LOVE the car!!

LRCS have just not got the enthusiast customer touch have they. It is a typical Ford attitude sadly, for the mass produced car. LR is still a low volume vehicle in comparison with a different type of owner.

Post #2024728th Sep 2005 7:07 pm
DiscoMad

On the way to the dealer this morning to have the CC looked at, it failed ! I was traveling in a straight line and applying the '+' button to increase speed. That was a stroke of luck really because its difficult to fix a fault that doesnt happen all the time.
SO we will see what their findings are !

Post #2341217th Oct 2005 12:32 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 4 <1234>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >