Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > General

Land Rover CS write to reply
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
MVS

Land Rover CS write to reply

I finally have a written response to two letters to LRCS as of this morning.

My letters went on 27th July & 11th August. These were regarding failed compressor, corroded rear discs, replaced rear PDC.

Didn't get chance to include the ICE going blank, park brake fault and heating blowing cold air up to 28 deg setting. As these faults occured in the last week or so.

Oh and last night the nob on the drivers seat to adj the backrest fell off.

Anyway it comfirms a monkey for my trouble plus an upgrade on the LRE I never got, but there are some interesting quotes a few of you may chuckle at.

"Naturally I am sorry to learn of the problems you have encountered with your D3 and the inconvenience that may have been caused. Please be assured as responsible manufacturers we would never knowingly incorporate features, which may become a source of frustration for the customer" !!! Exclamation

"Please be assured that your experiences are not reflective of what we would expect our valued customers to encounter and we genuinely hope that this experience does not discourage you from remaining a valued supporter of the Land Rover brand"

Hope this is of interest

Do I reply to them? It seems all too tempting Rolling Eyes

Post #1532531st Aug 2005 6:56 pm
BN

England 
Re: Land Rover CS write to reply

MVS wrote:
I finally have a written response to two letters to LRCS as of this morning.

My letters went on 27th July & 11th August. These were regarding failed compressor, corroded rear discs, replaced rear PDC.

Didn't get chance to include the ICE going blank, park brake fault and heating blowing cold air up to 28 deg setting. As these faults occured in the last week or so.

Oh and last night the nob on the drivers seat to adj the backrest fell off.

Anyway it comfirms a monkey for my trouble plus an upgrade on the LRE I never got, but there are some interesting quotes a few of you may chuckle at.

"Naturally I am sorry to learn of the problems you have encountered with your D3 and the inconvenience that may have been caused. Please be assured as responsible manufacturers we would never knowingly incorporate features, which may become a source of frustration for the customer" !!! Exclamation

"Please be assured that your experiences are not reflective of what we would expect our valued customers to encounter and we genuinely hope that this experience does not discourage you from remaining a valued supporter of the Land Rover brand"

Hope this is of interest

Do I reply to them? It seems all too tempting Rolling Eyes

At the risk of being boring, now perhaps people can see why I need the data in the vote. Sad reply as no doubt you expected.

Post #1532631st Aug 2005 7:01 pm
MVS

Reply is as I expected, as I do not feel I would get very far rejecting the car. Plus I feel it would need Legal representation to achieve, and would cost more than is worth doing My current train of thought is to keep the thing barring major further probs, and move on in 18 months time when I can swallow the depreciation ( No pun intended )

I like the dam thing when it works, it's just frustrating/annoying that so much has happened(to the car) and very little seems to come from LR. By way of re-development, updates, let alone straight anwsers.

Mike

P.S. In all this the dealer has been great, I blame LR letting them down, & unfortunately it is them that'll lose in the long run (my dealer)

Post #1532831st Aug 2005 7:11 pm
BN

England 

Your comments reflect the majority of guys who deal with LRCS and the dealers are normally not too bad. There are eceptions of course.

Post #1532931st Aug 2005 7:16 pm
MVS

By 2010 I hope they sort all the technology out for the new Defender or they'll have one hell of a global flop

If the plan's still to use the D3 chassis etc as the base

Post #1533231st Aug 2005 7:21 pm
BN

England 

MVS wrote:
By 2010 I hope they sort all the technology out for the new Defender or they'll have one hell of a global flop

If the plan's still to use the D3 chassis etc as the base

MVS, from the poll so far, the main problem is electrical what ever. The car is basically sound otherwise generally. Down to software again really I think. If all vote it will help you and us.

Post #1533331st Aug 2005 7:25 pm
MVS

Have entered my plea, sorry voted for you already

Mike

Post #1533431st Aug 2005 7:27 pm
BN

England 

MVS wrote:
Have entered my plea, sorry voted for you already

Mike

Excellent, thank.

Post #1533731st Aug 2005 7:32 pm
MVS

Sorry regarding Defender 2010 flopping.

As u mention, a lot of the probs are electrical/software in nature.

How are third world states, or even your guys in the wilds of eastern europe going to fix one even if their lap top will talk to the car.

Didn't I read that u don't use defenders since the TD5 was installed.

So where is the market for replacing the Defender with something this complicated. Question

Just noticed something else funny on the letter

LR are by appointment to HM Elizabeth the queen mother!! shows how often they update their letter head Exclamation

Post #1533831st Aug 2005 7:32 pm
croyde

Jeez! Should I be really picking up this motoring nightmare on Friday. I have mentioned this on another thread but 30 odd grand on a car that I cannot trust seems like a major rip off. Should have gone with the Fiat Multipla that I saw on eBay for £3K.

Seems to me that I have let my heart rule my head and that I should have gone for something Japanese although I have only ever owned Jap bikes before.

Why no mention of all these faults in the press. The Top Gear lifer D3 seems to have only suffered from a leaking sunroof, which in itself a travesty on a car that in their case cost over £45K. The driver absolutely loves it though.

Really cannot understand how, in this day and age, a car could suffer from so many faults.

Very tempted to cancel the order and lose the £500 deposit as it sounds cheaper in the long run.

Someone ease my fears please.

Post #1533931st Aug 2005 7:36 pm
BN

England 

MVS wrote:
Sorry regarding Defender 2010 flopping.

As u mention, a lot of the probs are electrical/software in nature.

How are third world states, or even your guys in the wilds of eastern europe going to fix one even if their lap top will talk to the car.

Didn't I read that u don't use defenders since the TD5 was installed.

So where is the market for replacing the Defender with something this complicated. Question

The bottom line is that people want cars to drive themselves now. I am making a concious decision to end my business this year as the 110 TDi's are hard to get and cost more than a D3. Basically unless you have testbook in Siberia or the Sahara with full backup the LR is now a no go.

Can't see LR assist coming to help. I have a situation which I will not put on PD, but it is not dissimilar to what I have explained.

Post #1534031st Aug 2005 7:39 pm
MVS

We are probably a small % of the D3's out there, and many are probably fine.

Question How many other models of vehicle have such a following as to have their own forums, that are this informative anyway?

What else would u buy, V XC90? slow & boring, Merc lowsy quality (wont bet the new one will be more reliable than D3), X5 passe, and useless, Shogun old thirsty & bouncy. Audi Q7 may be worth a look in 18 months.

Post #1534131st Aug 2005 7:41 pm
MVS

So BN what'll u replace the defenders with Toyotas Question

Post #1534231st Aug 2005 7:45 pm
BN

England 

MVS wrote:
So BN what'll u replace the defenders with Toyotas Question

No, made my money and now I am giving up. No solid mechanical vehicles anymore with the same load and tow capacity, oh and perm 4x4 with high & low ratio so impossible to continue. Additionally with all the security problems it was getting too much. Quitting whilst I,m winning.

Post #1534331st Aug 2005 7:48 pm
croyde

True, MVS.

Looked at all of those but was turned off by the lack of space and practicality. The D3 ticked all the right boxes ie family wagon, holiday cruiser, shifting gear and off roading but there seems to be too many stories of bits falling off, suspension packing up and probs with all things electrical.

I will be picking the car up on Fri but then I will be keeping my fingers crossed that nothing happens, wherein lies the joke. The whole idea of spending a lot of cash on a car is that you should be buying into quality and peace of mind.

A new car is for driving not sitting in a workshop.

Might aswell risk an old banger if you have to worry all the time.

Confused Soon to be new owner heebee jeebees Laughing

Last edited by croyde on 31st Aug 2005 7:53 pm. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #1534431st Aug 2005 7:52 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >