Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Maintenance & Mods (D3)

Land Rover - A pile of $**te
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 4 of 6 <123456>
Discotres

Scotland 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 GS Manual Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

I don't have on the original matter, just replying to a new comment, sorry to keep you awake Laughing

Post #11286898th Jul 2013 10:33 pm
Comanche

Wales 

Discotres wrote:
I don't see what regular use has to do with the wiring loom corrosion and as for the suspension you would think low mileage would mean less wear. I do know that with any vehicle it is best to use them, leaving them lying causes all sorts of problems with seals and other such stuff. We use it every weekend to go 80 miles to our boat and 80 miles back, so does get some use, plus a bit of pottering about.

I think the reason the suspension wears is because it still weighs nearly 3 tonnes even when its not moving
 I started off with nothing and Ive still got most of it left.  
Post #11286938th Jul 2013 10:45 pm
AndrewS
Tarquin of the Desert 

United Kingdom 

Discotres wrote:
Well I have just replaced ALL of the suspension on the 110 including anti roll bars Big Cry

Rolling Eyes
 In the Beginning there was nothing, which exploded.  
Post #11286948th Jul 2013 10:45 pm
Discotres

Comanche wrote:
Discotres wrote:
I don't see what regular use has to do with the wiring loom corrosion and as for the suspension you would think low mileage would mean less wear. I do know that with any vehicle it is best to use them, leaving them lying causes all sorts of problems with seals and other such stuff. We use it every weekend to go 80 miles to our boat and 80 miles back, so does get some use, plus a bit of pottering about.

I think the reason the suspension wears is because it still weighs nearly 3 tonnes even when its not moving

Fair point, but you would think that would happen to all, from what I see on here there seems to be lucky and unlucky cars, mine was unlucky when new as it kept going into limp mode, it took over a year to identify it as the turbo during which time it must have been recovered 5 or 6 times, since the turbo work was done it has been excellent, well until the recent saga. Having been serviced last December with few miles since you wonder how all this can go wrong, why no notification or warnings at the service and why not grease or oil up looms if they are a major issue.

The 110 was on it's original 23yr old suspension and was looking tired, the new suspension has given it a whole new lease of life and it looks great Thumbs Up

Post #11287008th Jul 2013 10:51 pm
blue200tdi

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Going back to the waxing incident...Is your wife Brazilian? Shocked Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

Sorry...I'll get my coat. Very Happy
 You guys are gonna be busier than a test bench in a plunger factory!
Java black 2006 2.7 TDV6 HSE AUTO.
2014 Kawasaki ZZR1400 Performance sport. 

Post #11287288th Jul 2013 11:56 pm
NoDo$h

Ukraine 

Regardless of nationality, she's a friggin' saint Neutral
 I know it's not considered "kind" to say no these days, but no. Just no, ok? And if it's not ok, still no.  
Post #11287699th Jul 2013 7:52 am
DSL
Keeper of the wheelie bin 

Ukraine 

Certainly would need the patience of a saint. Thumbs Up

Post #11287719th Jul 2013 7:56 am
NoDo$h

Ukraine 

Are you on painkillers at the moment Del? Whistle
 I know it's not considered "kind" to say no these days, but no. Just no, ok? And if it's not ok, still no.  
Post #11287819th Jul 2013 8:24 am
DSL

Ukraine 

Wish I was, gammy back at the mo. Big Cry Big Cry

Post #11287859th Jul 2013 8:28 am
Discotres

blue200tdi wrote:
.Is your wife Brazilian?

Wasn't but seems to have got asylum and is now Laughing

Just choosing what to get next.......Thai!! ? Need slim for the chassis maintenance, short hair or use of hair net preferable, must be good at holding my nuts while I am screwing, willing to take the odd fall out in her hair and eyes, can control screaming, laid back and obviously into and enjoys waxing Thumbs Up

P.S. Large breasts can be a hazard on the hot stainless exhaust silencer and pipes so either flame retardant bra user or smaller breasts also required, apparently it can be painful, not had the experience myself but heard screams in the past, when working bra less in a thin cotton (oily) short dress Shocked

Post #11287979th Jul 2013 8:54 am
Discotres

2 x Updates

No 1 - I had my car returned from the main dealer after carrying out the Parking sensor wiring loom work and received a bill for £207, this was for diagnosis, removal of the rear bumper, further diagnosis, supply and fit of new loom and refitting bumper, car was also fully valeted and I had a brand new Freelander 2 for the duration over a weekend. The main dealer has acted impeccably, it was not their fault that the loom was corroded, OK they service maintain and MOT the vehicle but something hidden like that can be over looked. I have made a complaint to Land Rover about the looms fitness for purpose under the sales of goods act in that is has failed to reach the standard of merchantable quality, I still await their response.

No 2 - As you are aware I also had the garage report on my suspension after I had requested them to look at it, their technician stated that certain parts as named earlier in the thread required replacement, a claim was made to waranty direct who declined the claim as they were of the opinion the parts had as of yet not 'fully failed', this was as tehresult of their engineer speaking to the garage and when asking if the car would fail an MOTin it's present condition being informed no it would not. Again not having a go at warranty direct as their policy clearly states 'failure' however my point was that I now had a report from the garage telling me my suspension or parts thereof required replacement, so if I had been involved in some terrible accident I could be held responsible on the facts given. I appealed to Warranty Direct stating that I was a long term client of theirs e.g. have a long term warranty and that I found it firstly odd that I now had to drive around waiting for complete failure of the suspension knowing I had been told it required replacement and that during my longer term with them it was bound to fail anyway, also it could have an effect on other parts causing consequential damage never mind chewing up tyres, and secondly about my legal concerns having been told by a LR technician it did need replaced. Anyway I have just heard from warranty direct and my appeal has been successful, all the relevant suspension parts are to be replaced immediately.

Anyway thought some people may be interested and assured that even warranty companies do listen if you have a case, hopefully lessons can be learnt about this to ensure continuity and communication between LR technicians, front desk staff and the warranty company. So all sorted Thumbs Up

Well just waiting to hear from LR re the corrosion issue I raised, promised calls never come, not a surprise though Rolling Eyes

Post #113058012th Jul 2013 3:34 pm
BBDisco3

United Kingdom 

Discotres wrote:
Anyway I have just heard from warranty direct and my appeal has been successful, all the relevant suspension parts are to be replaced immediately.

It's good to hear they have seen sense.
Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

So...........

Are you now paying to take us on that Challenger 300 Whistle

Post #113061912th Jul 2013 4:21 pm
DSL

Ukraine 

Re suspension parts, result. Mind you had loads of susp parts paid for them itch out them failing, they just had to be excessively worn & not to MOT fail level. Good they saw sense. Thumbs Up

Post #113062912th Jul 2013 4:44 pm
A1GSS

England 

Discotres wrote:
... a claim was made to waranty direct who declined the claim as they were of the opinion the parts had as of yet not 'fully failed', this was as the result of their engineer speaking to the garage and when asking if the car would fail an MOT in it's present condition being informed no it would not.... I have just heard from warranty direct and my appeal has been successful, all the relevant suspension parts are to be replaced immediately....

This is good that they paid in the end but bad that you had to appeal. My D3 was in Lookers LR for service and MOT; it passed with advisories on steering rack, suspension link and wheel bearings. As with yours, these parts were not yet "fully failed" but would do so sometime obviously. The dealer put in a claim to WD on my behalf and it was agreed without hassle... so the WD policy seems to be dependant possibly on the person that you get through to on their claims line, or equally possibly, the persistence of the claiming dealer.

All credit to Lookers in my case; they were persistent and have now successfully made three separate claims on my behalf with warranty direct now.
 ____
Gone: 10MY L320 RR Sport HSE, Ipanema Sand
Gone: 20MY Jaguar iPace HSE, Silicon Silver
Gone: 17MY RR Evoque SE Tech, Loire Blue
Gone: 08MY Discovery 3 XS, Stornoway Grey
Gone: 07MY FFRR TDV8 Vogue, Stornoway Grey 

Post #113064012th Jul 2013 4:59 pm
Discotres

Interesting, perhaps you are right, I was told to keep driving until I thought it was about to fail (but then that is not in itself still is not 'failed' by their policy terms and conditions) that in itself is utter stupidity Rolling Eyes

Well this is the appeal reply:

Policy: WD*****~LuxuryCare Upgrade

I refer to your e-mail on 8 July 2013 and am sorry you are unhappy because your recent claim for suspension arms, and related parts, has been rejected.

Your policy covers sudden and unexpected breakdowns to insured components. A definition of a breakdown is provided on page 3 in your policy document where it states:

Breakdown means the sudden and unexpected failure of a part arising from any permanent mechanical, electrical or electronic fault, which causes the part to stop working, and means that it needs repairing or replacing before it will work properly.

Your claim was reported to us over the 1-Link platform by your repairer, who advised the parts would not fail an MOT. Therefore, our claims department were correct in declining your claim as per the above definition of a breakdown, and our Claim Department’s letter of 5 July 2013.

I have enclosed a copy of the authorisation history for your reference.

Nevertheless Mr XXXXXXXXXX, I totally understand your apprehension and like you, do not doubt this will result in a failure at some point. I am therefore happy to cover the cost of your claim, in-line with the remaining terms and conditions.

Please therefore send me the following documents:

• MOT certificate
• Service invoice
• Repair invoice

When I have received these documents, I assure you of my prompt attention.

Once again, I am sorry you had cause to complain but hope you are now happy following my review of your case.

This letter has now exhausted our internal appeals process.

For your information, we are subscribers to the Motor Codes Vehicle Warranty Code of Practice. If you wish to refer your complaint to Motor Codes, please submit a query online; www.motorindustrycodes.co.uk or alternatively telephone their consumer advice line on 0800 692 0825.

Referral to Motor Codes is free of charge and they will assess your complaint and offer a fair and impartial view. Their decisions are binding upon us and are normally issued within one month, from the complaint being referred to their offices. A leaflet is enclosed for your perusal.

If you remain dissatisfied, or feel you have been treated unfairly, you also have the right to refer your complaint to Lloyd’s Market Services who will investigate this matter further. Their address is as follows:

Policyholder and Market Assistance
Lloyd’s Market Services
1 Lime Street
London
EC3M 7HA

Should you remain dissatisfied, Lloyd’s will refer you to the Financial Ombudsman Service.

If you have any queries regarding this matter, please contact us via e-mail;
complaints@warrantydirect.co.uk or telephone 0800 7317001.

Yours sincerely

XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Post #113064712th Jul 2013 5:06 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 4 of 6 <123456>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >