Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > General (D4)

landrover breakdown recovery/replacement car/enterprise?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
mwestcrew

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Landmark LE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

I've had Jag X-types, FL2s, a sub-hired LandCruiser from SHB because I needed to tow, loads of older RRS most of them with smashed rims and worn out front suspension. They buy cars with light coloured seats and carpets and don't put any mats in them and wonder why you bleat when they turn up with a 30k mile scrapper that looks like a dairy farm's yard inside.

My local Enterprise are a complete waste of space, I have an account with them to rent cars and vans and they still give me old junkers.
 2011 D4 Landmark, Mini Cooper SD Clubman, Range Rover Vogue SE  
Post #75390829th Jan 2011 5:06 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
747_JK

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

mwestcrew wrote:
loads of older RRS most of them with smashed rims and worn out front suspension.

Too true! The RRS I've had since Xmas had the knackered front suspension. Got the dealer to check it as wasnt sure if it was safe to drive and knew I was going to be in it for a few weeks - have told Enterprise and left a note in the car suggesting they fix it before renting again... Was really disappointed it was an 09-plate RRS. The newer one is, I guess, much nicer. I found the RRS a pretty horrid car compared to my D4. Was very glad to get rid and have my motor back yesterday.
 747_JK
"Moab is my happy place"
2019 Land Rover Discovery 5 HSE
2015 Land Rover Discovery 4 HSE - SOLD
2010 Land Rover Discovery 4 HSE with a serious smoking habit - SOLD 

Post #75392829th Jan 2011 6:09 pm
Selkie

2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 XS Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Disco XS, I can sympathise as Ive been through the same experience. The most anoying thing is that Landrover are prepared to push the landrover assist package as a major selling point yet when the hire companies come up short they will not even let you use one of the second hand models on the forecourt.

The stock response is that landrover assist is a seperate company. That being the case its time the dealers stopped using it as a selling point and knocked some money off the list price!.

FYI in the end, after several irate phone calls and 2 days of going round in circles I was eventualy provided with a defender.
I have to say that the sales man in Macrae & Dick did help and got heavily involved in chasing things up.

I saw your Disco in M&Ds when I was in getting my stop start button replaced. Hope all is well now.

TBH I think the disco is a fantastic vehicle and is no worse than anything else for reliability ( Im on my 2nd) its the landrover assist that sucks............

Post #76000711th Feb 2011 9:56 am
CMG

United States 2007 LR3 4.4 V8 SE Auto Java BlackLR3

Geez....you guys even get offered a rental? I had to ask for just a shuttle home. Neutral
 17 Discovery 5 HSE Si6, Fuji White on brown | 07 LR3 SE 4.4 Java Black on Alpaca
Club V8/Club OCD

Post #76004811th Feb 2011 12:52 pm
Saltydog

Scotland 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Landmark LE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

I kicked up a right fuss when my Disco 4 got the dreaded red Triangle and Reduced Power Warning. Got a free service voucher from LR Customer Services probably worth £400 + so kick up as much fuss as you can...!

Post #76506921st Feb 2011 9:49 pm
TOMDOB

2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

My 56 D3 goes in tomorrow for autobox fault. Only had the car since beginning of jan. Bought from LR dealer bit of a way away as they were the only ones who had what I wanted. It's going in to my local dealer, they said they have no loan cars available. Not impressed but just want it fixed. Are they obliged to give me a loan car?

Post #76513021st Feb 2011 10:55 pm
mellington

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

I got an Astra once but Enterprise only let me keep if for a day. They got hold of a Vogue but crashed it and put me in a Jag instead. The next day... my car was done.

Post #76514621st Feb 2011 11:38 pm
ChrisA

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 4

In the ice and snow of Dec 2009 I hit black-ice and slid into a tree in my Freelander 2 XS. For the whole of Christmas and whilst it was being repaired (by mid-Feb 2010) Hunters of Guildford made sure I had an equivalent or better Freelander to drive around in.

That was one of the reasons I've ordered my D4 from them rather than shopping around and going for the cheapest deal.

Thanks Malcom, Steve and Duncan at Hunters!

Click image to enlarge

Post #76524822nd Feb 2011 11:30 am
disco XS

Scotland 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

Selkie wrote:
Disco XS, I can sympathise as Ive been through the same experience. The most anoying thing is that Landrover are prepared to push the landrover assist package as a major selling point yet when the hire companies come up short they will not even let you use one of the second hand models on the forecourt.

The stock response is that landrover assist is a seperate company. That being the case its time the dealers stopped using it as a selling point and knocked some money off the list price!.

FYI in the end, after several irate phone calls and 2 days of going round in circles I was eventualy provided with a defender.
I have to say that the sales man in Macrae & Dick did help and got heavily involved in chasing things up.

I saw your Disco in M&Ds when I was in getting my stop start button replaced. Hope all is well now.

TBH I think the disco is a fantastic vehicle and is no worse than anything else for reliability ( Im on my 2nd) its the landrover assist that sucks............

i got a focus c-max in the end Big Cry

only had it two days and my own D4 was returned, i was car-less for nearly a week, just annoying it happens everytime Evil or Very Mad

on the plus side, part of the fault was the electrics shutting down, this on one occassion resulted in the brakes sticking for only a few miles, when it was taken into macrae and dick they told me all the brakes and pads will be replaced by warranty, so some good has come out of it as they were due for replacing anyway Thumbs Up

Post #76587023rd Feb 2011 1:33 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >