Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Off Topic - Humour, Rants & Pointless Posts

Learning about WW II "Harms millenials' mental health".
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123
leeds

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Landmark LE Auto Yulong WhiteDiscovery 4

Well my experience of so called influencers or should I say con merchants?

One contacted us what free items to review and his followers would buy from us and our sales would go up, blah, blah blah. If you want to review our products fine, go and buy one we are not giving you stuff for free. Response was well will give you a bad review. Our response was foxtrot oscar.

I saw a so call influencer review about something I know a little about. Influencer, brand X, blah blah, Brand X, blah blah, Brand X blah blah, need a little bit more capacity from Brand X, blah blah, Brand X

Ooops brand Y would do exactly the same job as Brand X and have the bigger capacity that you want/need.

I guess they got the freebie from brand X and not brand Y, whereas IF they did proper research before hand hey would have bought brand Y. Ooops did I say buy?

Now what about the so called influencer and the Dublin hotel. Influencer want a FREE 5 day stay in the hotel and did not like it when it was refused. Hotel owner stated about so called influencers

Quote:

"You cannot trust what these people are saying… She would have spoken nicely about the hotel only because she was getting it for free," he added.

Maybe people should use a bit of their own brain and do their own research rather then blindly accepting what these so called influencers say is gospel.

Post #20970442nd Nov 2019 12:27 pm
HWN

Wales 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 4

This girl?

2015 Volvo V40
2014 D4 HSE
2006 RRS - C'est mort. Fin...  ...It's alive!  Oh no, it's not - scrapped.
2019 Suzuki Kingquad 400
2017 RamRod Taskmaster 1150
1977 John Deere 2130

Post #20970472nd Nov 2019 12:32 pm
leeds

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Landmark LE Auto Yulong WhiteDiscovery 4

Must admit I did enjoy the Aussie take on it.

People over 30 bullying a 22 year old Rolling with laughter Playing school play ground claims. A pity she did not pay more attention in the school English lessons although she would have excelled in the drama classes

Now I enjoy eating and staying at the Old Hill Inn in Chapel-le-Dale, I think Colin and Bean who run it do extremely good food in a pub which is situated in the heart of the 3 Peaks country in Yorkshire. There website is http://www.oldhillinningleton.co.uk/ Now I will happily recommend them as we have had great food, great service, a rescue kitten (that is another story) from them. However I will not be asking for free accommodation, nor a free meal, or even a free pint for recommending them.

I pay my own way through life and do not free load which some people seem to think is the right thing to do.

Post #20970612nd Nov 2019 1:06 pm
DG
Site Moderator 

Wales 

leeds wrote:

But as in every walk of life, there are the good and the bad, Brendan.

My son is more often than not approached by the companies. He has worked with several motor manufacturers and dealerships, plus numerous motor associated companies. They value the exposure that his social media sites offer them ...it's a direct audience to multiple times more followers than they have themselves. He wouldn't dream of pressuring or badmouthing them.
 21 year LR veteran > D2 GS 2003 > D3 S 2006 > D3 HSE 2009 > D4 HSE 2013 > D4 HSE 2015 > D5 HSE 2018 > DS HSE R-Dynamic P300e 2021  
Post #20970632nd Nov 2019 1:14 pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 

leeds wrote:

Maybe people should use a bit of their own brain and do their own research rather then blindly accepting what these so called influencers say is gospel.

Influencers/social media are to youngsters what newspapers are/were to their parents/grandparents. Both accept what they are fed.
 Visiting from rrsport.co.uk
2012 RRS SDV6
2008 RRS TDV8
"When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die! You don't know who's children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they were always going to have to do from the very beginning: SIT DOWN AND TALK!" 

Post #20970652nd Nov 2019 1:18 pm
D&G

Ukraine 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Barolo BlackDiscovery 3

Has it really been any different?
wrote:
Celebrity endorsements have been central to the advertising sector for decades. Traditional advertising gave the illusion that celebrities used the product they were endorsing: by the 1980s, with the rise of celebrity power, brands harnessed celebrity influence by designing products specifically for the celebrity. Arguably, the most successful example being Nike’s Air Jordan’s, which raised Nike’s profile internationally and is still sold to this day.

https://www.mintel.com/blog/beauty-market-...-in-beauty
 An honorable defeat is better than a dishonorable victory.” ― Millard Fillmore

2006 Disco 3
Gas Gas 300ec / Gas Gas tx249 / Bandit 1250
XR 650r / Pajero 2.8 Lifted and Safari Snorkel-gone. 

Post #20970762nd Nov 2019 1:32 pm
HWN

Wales 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 4

RRSTDV8 wrote:
leeds wrote:

Influencers/social media are to youngsters what newspapers are/were to their parents/grandparents. Both accept what they are fed.

The difference being advertisers can be pretty sure of the demographic that will be watching / listening; they also get to measure hit-rates, etc., I'm an avid subscriber to the YouTube videos by Mark Felton: almost daily, I learn something new about WW II (without it affecting my mental health). He has just started to promote Ridge wallets at the start of each video. Has it put me off? No. Fair play to the chap, he ought to get back more than the occasional donation via PayPal / Patreon. If it started to become part of the content, I'd look at it differently.

Quite a few television programmes have the double 'P' logo in the titles, indicating product placement (though when I occasionally watch Emmerdale, the D4 goes through the ford far too fast!). How many people notice that logo and are aware they are being 'influenced', almost subliminally?

2015 Volvo V40
2014 D4 HSE
2006 RRS - C'est mort. Fin...  ...It's alive!  Oh no, it's not - scrapped.
2019 Suzuki Kingquad 400
2017 RamRod Taskmaster 1150
1977 John Deere 2130

Post #20970802nd Nov 2019 1:42 pm
mse

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Landmark LE Auto Indus SilverDiscovery 4

I watch some youtube people and i know they get £150k upwards, but they put out content im interested in etc.

Do they influence me no, open my awareness to things, yet - show stuff i like yes...make be buy stuff only if its what i was looking for.
 Mike  
Post #20971422nd Nov 2019 5:31 pm
D&G

As I said....

2006 Disco 3

Post #20971532nd Nov 2019 5:54 pm
D&G

This is where it get damn stupid.

https://www.skysports.com/boxing/news/1218...subscriber

2006 Disco 3

Post #20971842nd Nov 2019 7:36 pm
Pelyma

England 

DG wrote:
leeds wrote:

But as in every walk of life, there are the good and the bad, Brendan.

My son is more often than not approached by the companies. He has worked with several motor manufacturers and dealerships, plus numerous motor associated companies. They value the exposure that his social media sites offer them ...it's a direct audience to multiple times more followers than they have themselves. He wouldn't dream of pressuring or badmouthing them.

Your son is a real influencer and that’s why companies come to him, they see value in it.
 DS3 TDV6 HSE - Silver with Alpaca (old one) Gone
DS3 TDV6 HSE- Silver with Alpaca (new one) Gone
D4 HSE Lux - Montalcino Red Gone
Porsche Cayenne V8 Diesel S 

Post #20972012nd Nov 2019 8:22 pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 

HWN wrote:
He has just started to promote Ridge wallets at the start of each video. Has it put me off? No.

See, it worked. You not only know the product he's been promoting, you're mentioning it elsewhere. Job done for the marketing guys. Thumbs Up
 Visiting from rrsport.co.uk
2012 RRS SDV6
2008 RRS TDV8
"When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die! You don't know who's children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they were always going to have to do from the very beginning: SIT DOWN AND TALK!" 

Last edited by RRSTDV8 on 3rd Nov 2019 5:54 pm. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #20972102nd Nov 2019 9:23 pm
jjvd21

United States 2005 LR3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Java BlackLR3

It’s his parents fault plain and simple.
 16 D4 Landmark
05 D3 HSE V8
THE original D4 spotter 

Post #20973353rd Nov 2019 3:17 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >