Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Technical (D3)

LED lights on trailer strobing
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Crispy

Australia 2005 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3
LED lights on trailer strobing

Hi all, I have a 2005 D3 HSE V8 and i just recenlty got myself a new trailer with LED lights. i had had enough over the years of highly unreliable conventional globes and figured this would be a good way of knowing my trailer lights will always work. Over the last few years i have borrowed trailers with conventional globes and no issues with lights working the way they should. i was even getting a single flash of a 'trailer' icon on the dash flash for the first cycle of an indication around a corner.

Since getting my new trailer (with LED's), the lights strobe as soon as the connector is attached to the car, the dash icon doesn't flash, the reversing sensors go mental as though it doesnt know the trailer is there (as opposed to automatically inhibitng reverse sensors when a conventional globed trailer is attached).

i rang the trailer shop and they said - "yes we have this problem with Range Rovers" and i assume the electronics of the Disco are the same as the RR.

So i am now stuck with my trailer but not much of an idea what to do next if anything.

Does anyone else have any experience with this phenomenon and maybe there is a quick-fix for it.

thanks for any feedback.

Regards

Crispy...
 '05 D3 HSE V8, Zambezi
'92 Jag XJRS 

Post #66471625th Jun 2010 11:48 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
soundsolutions

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 GS Manual Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

Try this one:

http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/topic45261.h...Bshunt+box
 The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.  
Post #66472925th Jun 2010 12:22 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >