DISCO4.COM > General

LEVEL 1 COURSE AT LEDBURY
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
RLD
Uncle Ray 

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3
Level 1

you will but if you pay£10 you can have a passport you need a photo they then can stamp it up every time you do a level as level2 or the winching all type of things to do .
 Home of RLD Hidden winch mounts Spare wheel Locks Trailer Body Fabrication [email protected] D3/4 sump plates MY 14 sump plates and the Discovery Sport wheel protectors Discovery 5 wheel locks
more Helsport tents and other things for camping Law of Mechanical Repair:
"After your hands are coated with grease, your nose will begin to itch and you'll have to pee!" 

Post #457305th Mar 2006 5:05 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Jamie

Scotland 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

shawn wrote:
on the day i have asked for a d3 auto, does anyone know if they have locking rear diffs

did level 1 at dunkeld in a manual an it had a locking rear diff. dont no of this is standard or not!

Jamie
 Discovery 3 - TDV6 SE - Bonnati Grey
Defender 90 - 300 Tdi County - Epsom Green 

Post #457345th Mar 2006 5:36 pm
RLD
Uncle Ray 

rear diff

no this is not stanard it is extra it cost £400 + Shocked
 Home of RLD Hidden winch mounts Spare wheel Locks Trailer Body Fabrication [email protected] D3/4 sump plates MY 14 sump plates and the Discovery Sport wheel protectors Discovery 5 wheel locks
"After your hands are coated with grease, your nose will begin to itch and you'll have to pee!" 

Post #457365th Mar 2006 5:47 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
shawn

England 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Bali BlueDiscovery 4

RLD

janie means is it a standard thing to have a diff lock on the cars used on the landrover experiance days not on our own cars Banging Head Wink

shawn
 bali blue disco 4 with rear dvd's, privacy glass, pre heat system, heated steering wheel, full size spare, piano black trim, ipod cable, 20 inch wheels and i love it loads more than my TDV8 RRS, KTM 250 EXC 2 Stroke for the real off road stuff  
Post #457405th Mar 2006 6:09 pm
Jamie

Scotland 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

thanks for clarifyning for me shawn!
 Discovery 3 - TDV6 SE - Bonnati Grey
Defender 90 - 300 Tdi County - Epsom Green 

Post #457595th Mar 2006 7:59 pm
RLD
Uncle Ray 

diff lock

Embarassed sorry

Post #457615th Mar 2006 8:01 pm
Guy

United Kingdom 

Did my Level 1 at Eastnor today. Perfect day: grey skies, rain bucketing down, so all the ice that has been coating the wading tracks for the last fortnight has broken up and through them we went, or, in the case of my instructor Dave, very nearly into one of them on his b*m. Mind you, I did promise him faithfully that I wouldn't mention it on disco3.co.uk as there were strong hints that he, and most of the other instructors, lurk here on a regular basis.

Seriously though, it was superb and we were really well looked after by Dave and all his colleagues at LRE. Thanks to the ever-useful advice on the forums here, I turned up equipped with my mug-shot and left with my passport all ready for Level 2.

The G4s have all gone (they've been sent off in a big cardboard box to SE Asia) and there was no sign of the new Freelander, although the Electricity Board were in the Deer Park (in a couple of revolting light-blue Toyota pickups) wiring up a very beefy mains supply. So perhaps the rumours that the new Freelander is a proper off-road hybrid with typical Land Rover over-engineering are true...?

Shawn - you'll love it. Have fun next week. Laughing

Post #462357th Mar 2006 9:03 pm
THUB

United Kingdom 2012 Discovery 4 TDV6 HSE Auto Nara BronzeDiscovery 4

I did my level one in January. Fair bit of ice about, which had to be broken carefully. Ice shards can through the rad!! I got there early and went out early. Great instructor. Had identical car to the one I purchased HSE Auto only difference was that it was petrol not diesel Did not make much difference at the speeds we were using. I was led to believe that LR endeavour to give you the experience in a car identical to the one you have purchased. Yes you get a certificate. The mug shot and pass port was not mentioned. Driving home seemed almost boring and aimless!!

Post #462437th Mar 2006 9:28 pm
shawn

England 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Bali BlueDiscovery 4

hi all

well i have done my level 1 today at eastnor castle had ken as my instructor what a top bloke cheers ken if your reading this Thumbs Up

what did i think well i was impressed with the way the terrain response works and i discovered that you can pull away in low range get to say 30mph and change whilst moving into high range which may be good when towing my 26ft caravan.

the hill decent is tremendous it really does take the nerves off when you have used it a couple of times.

the only down side i could find was the fact that they fill the ruts in with road stone which gives you plenty of grip i would now like to go out in an area that is completly natural and really make the traction control earn its keep in the mud.

the other thing is i used a v8 petrol auto nothing wrong with that but i must admit when i got back in my tdv6 with the turbochip fitted i felt like my car was smoother and had more torque just my opinion but there you go.

once again thanks ken and i will see you when i do my level 2

if you have not done any off roading in your d3 then get out there with someone who has and learn all about it, you won't learn owt taking the kids to school the car is worth more than that.

cheers shawn
 bali blue disco 4 with rear dvd's, privacy glass, pre heat system, heated steering wheel, full size spare, piano black trim, ipod cable, 20 inch wheels and i love it loads more than my TDV8 RRS, KTM 250 EXC 2 Stroke for the real off road stuff  
Post #4730513th Mar 2006 7:15 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >