Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > General

Lies, damned lies and Land Rover salesmen
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
nobbyclark

Lies, damned lies and Land Rover salesmen

At the beginning of the month, I spoke to the salesguy who sold me the D3 to ask his advice about a couple of issues I am having. He said "It sounds like you should call Land Rover Assist. But let me know what is wrong with your car as I haven't had anyone contact me with any problems on the new model before". I had to stop myself...

And whilst in another dealership at the weekend, picking up the aforementioned vehicle after the aforementioned couple of issues have been finally rectified, I overheard a salesguy trying to sell a new Freelander to a couple, "oh, they don't depreciate much as they are very popular, even secondhand". Aye, right. A few months before the new one is launched and the value of the previous version is not going to fall through the floor once the new model hits the streets? I wanted to go over to them and tell them that they were about to kiss goodbye to the thick end of 10 grand if they are lucky. And he was offering them a "massive" discount of £1,500 on a £23k car.

Caveat emptor.
 No longer a D3 owner but still subscribed to multiple threads!  
Post #3867123rd Jan 2006 4:02 pm
jumblemo

Did I read that right - Freelanders go for over £20,000???

Wow

I'd find it hard to justify £15k on a top end model. Some people got no idea of value.
 D3 Bonatti Grey TDV6
1942 Crusader Mk III with 6lbr 

Post #3868323rd Jan 2006 4:53 pm
SN

I won't mention the dealers name but when I quizzed them about "Reported Electrical Faults with Discovery 3" he proceeded to blame all those people who added non-land rover add-ons on to the car which confused it.... Shocked
 Steve N | 21MY Defender | 08MY Discovery 3 (history) | 06MY Discovery 3 (ancient history)   
Post #3868723rd Jan 2006 5:08 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
DaveT

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Landmark LE Auto Indus SilverDiscovery 4

...Wierd non standard add ons like a driver Rolling Eyes Question
 Long succession of Disco's since 2001...
SIII Lightweight - neglected & rusting. Bulkhead, A panels, vent panel & outriggers now disintegrated - Next years project! 

Post #3881623rd Jan 2006 11:07 pm
BN

England 

I placed a totally independent GPS tracking device in mine to see what was happening with my car when in Land Rovers hands, which was reported on this forum. When I called them and asked why the car was travelling at high speed on a motorway they denied it.

When I proved it to them, they then asked me to remove it and claimed it was causing the cruise control problem I had at the time which they were trying to repair. This was not the dealer. When I removed it in front of them, they could see it was the size of a mobile phone and totally seperate from the car with its own power.

I asked if they would claim a mobile phone could stop the car, if so maybe they should redesign it as they offer car kits for mobile phones. Ford again, any excuse typical American legal sidestep by using any means to wriggle out of responsibility.

Post #3886024th Jan 2006 9:12 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >