Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > General

Little Niggles 6: Little niggles
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
jumblemo

Little Niggles 6: Little niggles

This is such a brilliant car, and the little niggles (and fear of the bigger niggles) don't negate my belief that this is the best vehicle of its type on the market at the moment.

I'm in the middle of a house move and its loading capacity is awesome. The ride is great, the acceleration up to 50 is good enough for a 2 tonner, and the looks beat everything else in my street.

But I do hope they iron out the small stuff. It reminds me of my TVR Chimaera days; great value, stunning looks, and massive performance, but let down by the use of cheap and flawed minor componentry causing overheats, leaks and rattles.

This is so nearly a legendary car.
 D3 Bonatti Grey TDV6
1942 Crusader Mk III with 6lbr 

Post #157673rd Sep 2005 12:41 am
BN

England 
Re: Little Niggles 6: Little niggles

jumblemo wrote:
This is such a brilliant car, and the little niggles (and fear of the bigger niggles) don't negate my belief that this is the best vehicle of its type on the market at the moment.

I'm in the middle of a house move and its loading capacity is awesome. The ride is great, the acceleration up to 50 is good enough for a 2 tonner, and the looks beat everything else in my street.

But I do hope they iron out the small stuff. It reminds me of my TVR Chimaera days; great value, stunning looks, and massive performance, but let down by the use of cheap and flawed minor componentry causing overheats, leaks and rattles.

This is so nearly a legendary car.

I never thought I would miss a car as much. Now mine is in the dealers it is like having part of the family missing. I absolutetly hate the stupid Jag I have on loan.

Post #157763rd Sep 2005 6:42 am
lee01277

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

mine's just spent 10 days at the menders 'cuz I didn't spot a small wall on exiting a tight car park, and I dinged the bumper. Interesting fact. The menders ordered a replacement bumper based on the vin and reg of the car, and one with holes for spots arrived, which my S does not have.

Also, spent the down time in a Saab "go kart".. too close to the ground in my view !!
 ..............Somewhere in-between my old D3 and what's to come next .........  
Post #157943rd Sep 2005 12:05 pm
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

lee01277 wrote:
mine's just spent 10 days at the menders 'cuz I didn't spot a small wall on exiting a tight car park, and I dinged the bumper. Interesting fact. The menders ordered a replacement bumper based on the vin and reg of the car, and one with holes for spots arrived, which my S does not have.

Also, spent the down time in a Saab "go kart".. too close to the ground in my view !!

Seems like a good excuse for a free pair of spots Razz

Post #157953rd Sep 2005 12:07 pm
BN

England 
Its Back

I have the D3 back. A nice early call from the dealer and off I rushed to collect my baby.

LR Techs repaired it I was informed and all the software loaded fine with no other problems.

Off I went singing and feeling the world is now a better place D3 is back After 17.5 miles it is - BROKEN - again with the same fault.

Post #158003rd Sep 2005 1:00 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >