Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > General

Little Niggles 7: Lopsided?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
jumblemo

Little Niggles 7: Lopsided?

Parked today on a perfectly flat drive and looked at the back of my vehicle only to notice that it seemed lower on the right than the left. So I measured the gap between wheel and arch, and sure enough there was nearly 2 cm difference.

Then drove down the road and parked up, unfortunatly on a less flat drive and the slope appeared to be almost gone, but perhaps slightly to the left this time...

what does this suggest?
 D3 Bonatti Grey TDV6
1942 Crusader Mk III with 6lbr 

Post #158253rd Sep 2005 5:54 pm
DrLex

Iceland 
Re: Little Niggles 7: Lopsided?

..you've got too much time on your hands? Wink

If your suspicion of 'tilt' is starting to nag, why not take a spirit level with you (or buy one of those stick-on inclinometer jobs for the windscreen)?
 Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana

Member of Club Med Sucks 

Post #158453rd Sep 2005 10:13 pm
BN

England 
Re: Little Niggles 7: Lopsided?

jumblemo wrote:
Parked today on a perfectly flat drive and looked at the back of my vehicle only to notice that it seemed lower on the right than the left. So I measured the gap between wheel and arch, and sure enough there was nearly 2 cm difference.

Then drove down the road and parked up, unfortunatly on a less flat drive and the slope appeared to be almost gone, but perhaps slightly to the left this time...

what does this suggest?

Would you really like the possible answer to this?

Post #158493rd Sep 2005 10:37 pm
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

Mine was like this (search my previous posts). Got the dealer to recalibrate the whole suspension system, and it cured it. To be honest, it made the vehicle feel 1000% better around corners, and the handling in general was a massive improvement afterwards.

If you have the 4x4 info screen, then look at the suspension marks against the wheels, mine even showed it was lobsided on the screen!

Post #158614th Sep 2005 12:14 am
BN

England 

Gareth wrote:
Mine was like this (search my previous posts). Got the dealer to recalibrate the whole suspension system, and it cured it. To be honest, it made the vehicle feel 1000% better around corners, and the handling in general was a massive improvement afterwards.

If you have the 4x4 info screen, then look at the suspension marks against the wheels, mine even showed it was lobsided on the screen!

Gareth, jumblemo's situation sounds very basic, I think it is simply that from what ever angle the aproach is made the car can lean slightly the way the front wheels were turned before stopping, hence his right then left. Approach on a flat straight road and in a straight line, I believe the car will be level. The front wheels lean when in a turn.

Post #158794th Sep 2005 9:14 am
jumblemo

Fair enough. I will ignore for now, and do some tests. When I have 90% of the answer I will let you know I am close to firming up my suspicions, and let you know I will provide my full analysis when I have had it confirmed by his lordship; the FOMOCO chief engineer. Wink
 D3 Bonatti Grey TDV6
1942 Crusader Mk III with 6lbr 

Post #158834th Sep 2005 9:19 am
BN

England 

jumblemo wrote:
Fair enough. I will ignore for now, and do some tests. When I have 90% of the answer I will let you know I am close to firming up my suspicions, and let you know I will provide my full analysis when I have had it confirmed by his lordship; the FOMOCO chief engineer. Wink

Excellent and please don't use that word *o*o*o* it does upset us Crying or Very sad

Post #158864th Sep 2005 9:22 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >