Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Photos, Videos & Media

Some Local Lanes - Camera Mount Testing
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
SN

Some Local Lanes - Camera Mount Testing

As promised, just for innominate, three local lanes - the second entirely on tarmac/concrete but a great view of all of Manchester

Quality is cr*p because of YouTube and my desire to keep file sizes small
 Steve N | 21MY Defender | 08MY Discovery 3 (history) | 06MY Discovery 3 (ancient history)   
Post #3186597th Jul 2008 11:38 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Shrinky

England 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Do you always drive that fast Shocked
 Global Warming.... I'm luvvin it  
Post #3186627th Jul 2008 11:43 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
DiscoStu

England 

Yeah, he's a nutter offroad. Gives us all a bad name Twisted Evil

Or he sped the video up to make it shorter Wink Whistle
 Disco 5 HSE Lux
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peyiqaJrmMU 

Post #3186647th Jul 2008 11:48 am
SN

Rolling Eyes

First was sped up 4x - to allow that little Frankie Vaughan 'Stockport' ditty to be used
The other two were 2x

Having discovered the excellent www.vconversion.com convertor site, I am now leaching soundtracks direct off YouTube for my own use Whistle
 Steve N | 21MY Defender | 08MY Discovery 3 (history) | 06MY Discovery 3 (ancient history)   
Post #3186737th Jul 2008 11:56 am
blue meanie
D3 Decade 

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

blimey the Bredbury Hall, used to stay there many years ago when we used to do soem work for Allsports at their HQ, is it the BH Hotel still a shining light in overnight accommodation ? Laughing
 and theeeeennn......???  
Post #3186827th Jul 2008 12:07 pm
SN

yep - can still rent rooms by the hour (allegedly! ...I have been told)
Post #3187157th Jul 2008 1:12 pm
tanters

Ireland 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 5 Seat Manual Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

What mount are you using?

Post #3187317th Jul 2008 1:43 pm
SN

Monsterpod

iconix let me trial his and I bought for £20 on ebay - they're £30 at Jessops - it just 'sticks' on the dash (or anything) like bluetack - when I'm finished I just peel it off, pop the cover on and throw it in the glovebox

One thing I've noticed is that the weight of the camera on the pivot seems to 'damp' the motion of the car as its bucking around through pot-holes and you get a nice wallow to the movies - this is much more noticable on 1x speed videos
Post #3187577th Jul 2008 2:26 pm
tanters

Ireland 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 5 Seat Manual Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

Monsterpad eh?

Only seems suitable for cameras.

Did you use a normal camera or camcorder?

I got this little jvc camcorder at the weekend and it seems pretty light - 360 g

whats that in old money as says on Monsterpad website ' will hold anything under 20 ounces'

Post #3188247th Jul 2008 4:17 pm
SN

its got a standard camera mount thread on it - same as my telescopic tripod

20oz = 567g - you'll be fine Thumbs Up And that will be the limit when splodged at 90 degrees on the side of a tree, not plonked on top of a gently texture dashboard Thumbs Up

my 'normal camera' is quite a heavy little beastie and has quite a large (for a digital non-DSLR camera) 12x optical lens poking out the front - when its stuck on the dash combined with the blue tinged rack lights I'm sure I've given a few drivers a squitty a**e when I've been behind them - should finish the job with some magnetic yellow squares to put on the sides Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter (and then get sent down for pretending to be plod Embarassed so perhaps not)
Post #3188347th Jul 2008 4:30 pm
innominate

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

You were right Steve: these look very promising. Bow down

Could the Goyt valley route be extended to the bridge at Chadkirk, rather than dropping into Bredbury Green?

I have never felt the need to go to Hattersley (not the most attractive destination and some rather unfortunate historical associations), but I had always wondered where that road at the top of Werneth Low went.

Did you meet a mate at 1.44 in the Pinfold Lane video? Rolling with laughter

We once looked at a house in Pingot Lane (Broadbottom), and Google Maps suggests that it goes all the way to Mottram. Might be worth checking. (I haven't got an OS map that covers it.)

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&hl=e...iwloc=addr
 Mark...  
Post #3189837th Jul 2008 8:47 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >