Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Off Topic - Humour, Rants & Pointless Posts

Local News - Why dont they SHUT THE :censored: UP
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 3 123>
MacLeod 313

Scotland 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3
Local News - Why dont they SHUT THE :censored: UP

As the title says really, local news seems to be poking the fire with a massive stick of late on 2 subjects, leaving the mindless scum something to focus and copy Evil or Very Mad

Why cant the press shut up, and just back off for once, I understand the freedom of speech etc etc, but why are we arming the average lemming with this type of info beggers belief.

Let me enlighten you

1. We have a spate of Feline poisioning locally, apparently a commonly used vehicle product is irrestistable to them, and once ingested causes slow painful kidney failure and death. The RSPCA have taken the harrowing steps to door to door leaflet drop warning owners, and they have had 70 deaths Evil or Very Mad If I catch them they will be drinking their fair share too.

2. Also reported that idiots are throwing screws across the roads on the A2070 towards Kent from Hastings, ahhh you think, the odd screw and unlucky recipiant, nope, we are talking boxes, in one spot one day, and another the next. On the way home there was 6-8 vehicles changing tyres all in a line, and Sunday just gone was a mile up the road and roughly the same result. The news reported this too, and it seems to be getting worse.

Poxy freedom of speech

Post #52149617th Sep 2009 7:17 pm
TSR2

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

My shortest rant yet Wink

Trev.

Post #52149817th Sep 2009 7:21 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
J@mes

England 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

your average Censored knows how to poison cats and puncture tyres anyway......
 2014 D4 XS
2005 D3 SE - Gone 

Post #52149917th Sep 2009 7:22 pm
MacLeod 313

Yeah I know I guess James, but seems why do they need to publicise it as it seems to have escilated now.

Post #52150417th Sep 2009 7:25 pm
TSR2

You know why Mac because they don't give a feck for anyone or anything except the sensational story that gets them publicity. You would have thought that they would be under a duty of care not to exacerbate the situation and if it is reasonable to assume that the information they release could lead to further instances taking place they should be held responsible. Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Sorry Mac I must be ill I can't even get into a good rant but I agree with you whole heartedly. Thumbs Up

Trev.

Post #52154017th Sep 2009 7:59 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
SJR

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Arctic FrostDiscovery 3

Good news is not newsworthy, so you end up with the bad news which is usually Not Even Worth Showing Thumbs Up
 I believe that every human has a finite number of heart-beats. I don't intend to waste any of mine running around doing exercises.
Buzz Aldrin (1930 - 

Post #52154217th Sep 2009 8:03 pm
AndrewS
Tarquin of the Desert 

United Kingdom 

Could be worse. They could be throwing boxes of poisoned cats onto the road.
 In the Beginning there was nothing, which exploded.  
Post #52155117th Sep 2009 8:13 pm
MacLeod 313

Confused thats not nice Big Cry SWMBO has put her moggies on House Arrest, and with the Pup from hell all in one house, and with Strictly come dancing starting tomorrow I am thinking of disappearing till the coast is clear Rolling Eyes

Post #52155617th Sep 2009 8:19 pm
mzplcg

England 

I feel your pain Sir. SCD is more than anyone should be expected to bear, particularly when the crap factor is on the other side.

Anyone for fishing then?

Oh, and journalists???? Should be legal to shoot them. Nuff said Thumbs Up

Post #52155817th Sep 2009 8:24 pm
TSR2

Hold on Mac, how could that beautiful little animal seen posing angelically in a recent picture from yourself suddenly become
Quote:
the Pup from hell
Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

not having problems with the little angel are we???

Trev.

Post #52157117th Sep 2009 8:43 pm
SN

MacLeod 313 wrote:
SWMBO has put her moggies on House Arrest

All cats should be under house arrest - instead of SHITTING in other peoples gardens Evil or Very Mad

Fed up neighbours cats dumping their stuff elsewhere - really do want to let my Westie take some lumps out of them but we'd have trouble getting him back
 Steve N | 21MY Defender | 08MY Discovery 3 (history) | 06MY Discovery 3 (ancient history)   
Post #52167317th Sep 2009 11:24 pm
ad15

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

my money's on the cat...... Whistle
 one wife.......livid  
Post #52167817th Sep 2009 11:29 pm
DG
Site Moderator 

Wales 

Absolute crap TBH Rolling Eyes 99% of yobs don't watch the news for a start ...anything that is set to become a fad or craze will spread through the playgrounds and gangs faster than wildfire without the help of any other medium.

I also have some faith in the majority of youth who can actually distinguish between what is right and wrong and trust that any news item will raise awareness of the issue in a positive way to that audience age group.

The news has a lot to answer for in terms of bias, bloated ego's, football star level salaries and elevated celebrity of people who should just get on with reading the fecking autocue ....but ....and it's a big but... it's not responsible for promotion of what normal humongs would understand to be fundamentally wrong.
 21 year LR veteran > D2 GS 2003 > D3 S 2006 > D3 HSE 2009 > D4 HSE 2013 > D4 HSE 2015 > D5 HSE 2018 > DS HSE R-Dynamic P300e 2021  
Post #52168218th Sep 2009 12:18 am
discocuzzy

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 4

Caught a bloke trying to shoot my cat with an Air pistol earlier in the year..i politely asked him to stop then politely kicked 10 bells of Censored out of him and smashed the gun to bits with a sledge hammer.
Posted it through his letterbox and poured brake fluid all over his shiny motor a month later.

Cant stand cruelty to animals, for once Mac..i agree with you Thumbs Up
 "you cannot teach stupid people to do clever things"
--------------------------------------------------------
05 plate D3 HSE in Zermat- Gone
11 Plate D4 Landmark in Fuji white- Gone
08 Plate D3 Hse in Buckingham Blue- Gone
58 plate D3 HSE Silver- Gone
10 Plate D4 HSE Stornaway Grey 

Post #52168918th Sep 2009 12:59 am
TSR2

DG,
That's why the media will never be taken to task, it's never their fault. The schoolyard or more probably the text buddies can never be stopped but it is foolish to think that TV the most powerful of the medias doesn't have any effect. That's like saying the disgusting little so called teenage girl magazines telling them "how to pleasure your man" or "give him the best blow job ever" do no harm. It encourages some of them to do things they probably wouldn't if they hadn't read it.

If TV didn't have any effect then there are millions of pounds of advertising money being wasted every day.

If only one new kid hears something on the news or is told by his parents who have seen the news and spreads this through his network of text buddies the effect can be huge. You're right word is spread rapidly between themselves but one of them has to find out this info first. The reporting of things in this way can give them the source.

See still not full blown rant.......I'm off to see the medic. Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Trev.

Post #52170518th Sep 2009 6:39 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 3 123>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >