Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > General (D4)

London T-CHARGE - IMPORTANT
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
robpenrose

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 4

Yeah its a joke. My D4 is compliant, but my Mrs 2003 Citreon C2 1.1l Petrol isn't.

So if she "has" to drive into London now, she will have to take my D4 or get charged.

What a joke, i mean which car would they prefer in London? A lumbering D4 or a little light C2. I understand they want to make changes, but why not just charge all high polluting vehicles regardless if they are old or new.

Why is someone allowed to drive in in lets say a new 4.4 SDV8 range rover, but a older 1.1l petrol gets charged? Which out of the two is really more polluting?

In reality, we get the train into London so this isn't a problem. If they extend out to the north/south circular, then it will become more of an issue for us as my mrs car wouldn't be compliant i don't think. She uses the car to see patients.

Current: D4 HSE
Previous: BMW Z4M Coupe
Previous: Land Rover Defender 90 CSW Td5
Previous: Land Rover Discovery Td5 ES 

Post #187250026th Oct 2017 9:12 am
terryall

United Kingdom 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

I suppose the Wollwich ferry boats will have to go as they are diesel powered 😀
Never mind all those aircraft taking off from City airport but they don’t count. I’ve also lived in a nuclear free zone in London for the last 20 years so if Trump starts World War 111 you’re all welcome round my place for safe keeping😂 I’m thinking of buying a black cab as they are exempt.
On a serious note - cars up to 3 years old don’t need MOT carts as we all know. Why then can’t any vehicle being tested at an MOT station have the emissions sent to DVLA and everyone would pay a charge over a certain minimum. The mot test is register digitally now anyway so it’s not much extra work.
What have I started.........

Post #187265726th Oct 2017 4:03 pm
Wilko_UK

United Kingdom 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Indus SilverDiscovery 4

Another little update for you all.. If I now enter my Reg into the TFL site, this is what is says, word for word for my 2013 D4.
"Silver LAND ROVER DISCOVERY HSE SDV6 AUTO
Thank you for using the T-Charge checker. Your vehicle is subject to the T-Charge but not chargeable."

What the fuh... Is it, or isn't it?.. Is she, or isn't she.

Another Government IT project gone completely 'Up the Pictures'.

Post #18762606th Nov 2017 3:25 pm
Hardware

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Sumatra BlackDiscovery 4

I was beginning to think no cars I knew the reg of were going to get the extra charge ... but my Dad's 2003 VW Bora finally got a "you WILL have to pay ... " response.

the software is s h 1 t tho ... enter a reg that it can't find and it STILL let's you hit continue and says you won't be subject to the £10 extra charge.

Post #18762796th Nov 2017 4:29 pm
L319

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

Just put my 1955 Land Rover in and it states :-Thank you for using the T-Charge checker. Your vehicle is not subject to the T-Charge. Your vehicle meets at least the Euro 4 / IV standard (Euro 3 if you are a motorised tricycle or quadricycle).
I believe it is because historic vehicles are exempt , but the reason given is entirely wrong
My D3 is showing correctly as Euro 3 and chargeable

Last edited by L319 on 6th Nov 2017 5:50 pm. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #18763336th Nov 2017 5:47 pm
DSL
Keeper of the wheelie bin 

Ukraine 

My now gone D3 (E3) is still showing as exempt coz it's E4 or above. Rolling Eyes

Post #18763346th Nov 2017 5:48 pm
Washwipe

England 

In two years time, 08.04.19 unless you are Euro 6 you will pay the T Charge, had the email from TFL last week.

Last edited by Washwipe on 6th Nov 2017 6:38 pm. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #18763536th Nov 2017 6:35 pm
Washwipe

England 

Dear Mr *****,

The recently launched T-Charge is the first step in delivering the Ultra Low Emission Zone (ULEZ), which will help clean up London’s dangerously polluted air.

However we need to do more to address London’s poor air pollution, so early this year, we asked for views on the Mayor, Sadiq Khan’s proposal to bring forward the start date of the ULEZ from September 2020 to April 2019. Of the responses we received, 63% were in support of starting the scheme early.

Following the feedback, the Mayor has decided to proceed with the next phase of his plans. The ULEZ will start in central London on 8 April 2019 and operate within the central London Congestion Charging zone, 24/7 every day of the year. Some vehicles will need to meet tighter emissions standards than those which apply to the T-Charge or pay a daily emission charge to drive within the zone.

To extend the benefit of cleaner air further, the Mayor will consult on extending the ULEZ boundary up to the North and South Circular later this year.

Post #18763556th Nov 2017 6:37 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >