Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > General

Why so Long?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
SteveRL

2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Belize GreenDiscovery 3
Why so Long?

The clutch failed on my Disco just outside Brussels nearly three weeks ago, and is still stuck in the nearby dealers awaiting the replacement parts. I have been told that there currently none available in Europe. Does anybody know why it is taking so long to get the parts? Is there a general clutch problem?

Steve

Post #754502nd Aug 2006 2:00 pm
Ken

This is my fear with LRA it has limited or no repatriation service, For belts and braces I’d always take out AA 5star or equivalent so the car is back in the UK and you have a modicum of control over the repair (well more than you would have in Europe)

Post #754632nd Aug 2006 2:06 pm
Penguin

Belgium 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Chawton WhiteDiscovery 3
Re: Why so Long?

SteveRL wrote:
The clutch failed on my Disco just outside Brussels nearly three weeks ago, and is still stuck in the nearby dealers awaiting the replacement parts. I have been told that there currently none available in Europe. Does anybody know why it is taking so long to get the parts? Is there a general clutch problem?

Steve

Then your car is at Land Rover Zaventem? (the garage that also sells corvette etc)

Try contacting Lr BeLux, maybe they can help you out with parts from a showroom model.
Number of LR BeLux: +32-2-709 79 79
 In a time of chimpanzees, I was a penguin.

www.m-release.com 

Post #754692nd Aug 2006 2:14 pm
SteveRL

I agree that LRA are limited in what they can do. I had the added complication of towing a boat, and LRA told me they were only responsable to recover the trailer to a storage location nearby. Also, they could not provide a replacement car with a towbar, as they only used certain car hire companies. Surprising given the type of cars that they are supporting.

Post #754722nd Aug 2006 2:17 pm
Penguin

Belgium 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Chawton WhiteDiscovery 3

next time (hope for you there is none) try to go on-line and ask for help on LROC.BE
Some of us will sure help you...
 In a time of chimpanzees, I was a penguin.

www.m-release.com 

Post #754762nd Aug 2006 2:21 pm
SteveRL

Re: Why so Long?

Penguin wrote:
SteveRL wrote:

Steve

Then your car is at Land Rover Zaventem? (the garage that also sells corvette etc)

Try contacting Lr BeLux, maybe they can help you out with parts from a showroom model.
Number of LR BeLux: +32-2-709 79 79

No - It is in Leuven. I somehow suspect that they would be reluctant to remove the clutch from another car - I believe that it is something like 7 hours work.

Post #754782nd Aug 2006 2:22 pm
SteveRL

Penguin wrote:
next time (hope for you there is none) try to go on-line and ask for help on LROC.BE
Some of us will sure help you...

Thanks - If I had know that I would still be waiting for the parts three weeks later, I may have organised things differently. As it stands, I still need to continue my trip over to Croatia, so I hope that the car will get fixed in the next two weeks. One of my major issues is that nobody can give me a definite date when the parts will be available.

Post #754812nd Aug 2006 2:30 pm
d3matt

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Steve, Are you still driving a hire car provided by LRA? I would write to LR directly and complain. See if they can get something sorted.
I assume you've also got to drive back and collect your car when it is fixed. Make sence to be in the AA or RAC too as a backup.
 Matt  
Post #754832nd Aug 2006 2:33 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
SteveRL

Matt,
I declined the hire car as it would have been a two day trip each way to my destination in Croatia and then back to Belgium, leaving my car, most of it's contents, and boat still in Belgium.
Writing to LR is a bit tricky at the moment, as I am currently not at home in the UK. I have spoken to my LR dealer, LR customer service as well as LRA, and they all state that they are unable to help.
I also have Britannia as they are one of the few companies who would cover the boat. However, I doubt that they would be able to help as I need a car with the capabilities to the Disco to be able to continue my journey.

Post #754932nd Aug 2006 2:51 pm
Slimer
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

Strange, when I had my clutch replaced the dealer had the parts and it was all done within a few days of first contacting them about it. Admittedly this was in the UK and mine hadn't completely failed but Belgium isn't exactly the middle on nowhere!

I'd start 'hassling' the various bits of LR that are currently unable to help. Steve, 3 weeks is not acceptable anywhere in the world nowadays especially somewhere so close to home. If you D3 isn't too old perhaps contact the DP of the dealer you bought it from, mention the words 'unfit for purpose' (which it clearly is if you can't drive it) and 'rejection', maybe that will get you some results

LRCS should be taking the lead in such situations to ensure parts get to dealers and repairs get done as soon as possible - LR, my 'knocking LRCS into shape' offer is still open!
 The End  
Post #754952nd Aug 2006 3:34 pm
blueanchorinn
D3 Decade 

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Lugano TealDiscovery 3

if its of any help, I will be travelling through Belgium on the 31/8 and returning on 3/9 via Belgium to Devon and will have an empty towbar. I will have 1 spare seat if you only required a lift or I could bring boat back etc.LRA in Paris sourced and fitted a rear diff to mine a few weeks ago when Matford Exeter said there was none available in the UK so they sometimes come up trumps.Hope you get this sorted before I go , but if I can be of any help , shout.
 Pot Noodle Challenge Winner 2011
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person 

Post #754972nd Aug 2006 3:46 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
SteveRL

Slimer wrote:
Strange, when I had my clutch replaced the dealer had the parts and it was all done within a few days of first contacting them about it. Admittedly this was in the UK and mine hadn't completely failed but Belgium isn't exactly the middle on nowhere!

I'd start 'hassling' the various bits of LR that are currently unable to help. Steve, 3 weeks is not acceptable anywhere in the world nowadays especially somewhere so close to home. If you D3 isn't too old perhaps contact the DP of the dealer you bought it from, mention the words 'unfit for purpose' (which it clearly is if you can't drive it) and 'rejection', maybe that will get you some results

LRCS should be taking the lead in such situations to ensure parts get to dealers and repairs get done as soon as possible - LR, my 'knocking LRCS into shape' offer is still open!

The parts are apparently not in stock anywhere in Europe, including dealers in the UK. The response I keep getting is that they are awaiting a shipment from the factory, wherever that may be!

Post #754982nd Aug 2006 3:52 pm
SteveRL

blueanchorinn wrote:
if its of any help, I will be travelling through Belgium on the 31/8 and returning on 3/9 via Belgium to Devon and will have an empty towbar. I will have 1 spare seat if you only required a lift or I could bring boat back etc.LRA in Paris sourced and fitted a rear diff to mine a few weeks ago when Matford Exeter said there was none available in the UK so they sometimes come up trumps.Hope you get this sorted before I go , but if I can be of any help , shout.

Paul,

Thanks for the offer - I just hope that the problem gets resolved before then!

Steve

Post #755002nd Aug 2006 3:56 pm
Slimer
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

SteveRL wrote:
The response I keep getting is that they are awaiting a shipment from the factory, wherever that may be!
Solihull? The End  
Post #755022nd Aug 2006 4:03 pm
10forcash

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

the clutches won't be made there.... silly Slimer Rolling Eyes Wink

Post #755042nd Aug 2006 4:08 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >