Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > General

Lots and Lots of Disco 3 Questions
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
NightFox

United Kingdom 
Lots and Lots of Disco 3 Questions

Last week, I “upgraded” from my 6-year old TD5 to a used 4-month old Disco 3 TDV6 S Auto. Wow! What a difference! Nice to find this site too – wonder if you can help me out with some questions where the manual doesn’t seem to help.

Software Version

Is there any way of finding out what version of the software I’ve got?

Cabin Pre-Heat / Pre-Cool

I’ve read all the other posts on this issue, about having to leave the radio on and LR threatening to withdraw it, but I’m not too clear how it actually works – I’m assuming it’s for heating or cooling the cabin before I get in and drive off, but once I’ve activated it in SETTINGS, how do I actually start it?

Reversing Wind Mirrors

I’ve not got the powered seats, so I assume I won’t have the wind mirrors that “dip” when I reverse. However, I have the ability to activate this in SETTINGS (not that it seems to make any difference) – I just wouldn’t expect something to be in SETTINGS if it wasn’t available anyway

Cornering Lights

I’ve not got the headlights that “bend round corners”, but do the “cornering lights” come as standard, or only with the “bending” headlight option? I’ve only driven in the dark once, and didn’t seem to notice anything when I indicated left or right.

Radio/CD

On my radio settings, there’s a couple of setting that refer to “Tone Settings” – one is something like “Reset Tone Settings”, can’t quite remember what the other one is. Any idea what these are for?

Mobile Phone

I’ve got settings for mobile phone volume etc on my radio settings, and a phone power on/off switch (which says “NO PHONE CONNECTED” when I press it). Is this standard or does it mean that I have an extra phone option fitted?

CommandShift Mode

Is it possible to switch to CommandShift mode on the auto box without actually changing gear? If I knock the sekector to the left, this just switches to Sport mode – I have to then knock it up or down a gear to get CommandShift Mode. The manual seems to get it wrong here as it says that the process for selecting CommandShift is the same as for selecting Sport – if that’s the case, how does the box know which mode you actually want?

Roof Bars

I’ve not got roof bars fitted – does this mean that I will never be able to fit anything to the roof? All the LR options seem to require FACTORY FITTED roof bars.

Any I think that’s about it (for now!).

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated. Very Happy

Cheers!

Post #18444th Apr 2005 9:59 am
DiscoMad

Hi and welcome to Disco3.co.uk ! Its a great place to chat with fellow Disco3 owners !

I can answer some of these questions for you;

Software Version

We havnt found anyway yet....other than the navigation system software versions.

Cabin Pre-Heat / Pre-Cool

The 'starting' is automatic....search here for FHB or Pre-heat and you can find the instructions. There are two modes - warming engine coolant on cold days and cabin pre-heat, You can only adjust the start time and duration of the cabin pre-heat - remembering of course to turn on the radio 5mins before you want the system to work !!! However, it wont work at all when the outside temperature is above 5,6,7,8 degrees C (who knows the exact temp !)

Cabin pre-cool turns on the aircon fans to blow air into the car.

Reversing Wind Mirrors

This is just one of those untidy things LR failed to sort out before launch.

Cornering Lights

Cornering lights are only available with the adaptive headlight option. They are Halogen bulbs set in the reflector. When you turn full lock, or turn on the indicators (at lowish speeds) the appropriate bulb lights the side of the road. The Adaptive headlights are very good.

Radio/CD

The tone settings option let you adjust treble, bass etc for that mode (CD, radio, Aux etc). Reset puts them to default values. There are quite a few more settings in there.

Mobile Phone

This is normal. It is just telling you the obvious. Factory fitted phones didnt become available until later March/April 05.

CommandShift Mode

Command shift has two modes. When you move the lever to the left, the box goes into sports mode (holding gear a little longer). Then you can just push forward or backward to change gear manually. Works well.

Roof Bars

So far, we have not seen any aftermarket roof rack options, but maybe Thule will release something.
If you search here you will find a thread that states the LR roof rails can be fitted by the dealer. You then need the roof bars. I have this system and it works well.

By the way, if you look at the owners section of the LR website, there is a sub-site where you can download the latest release of manual....and there have been changes !

Ok ! Enjoy your new Disco3 !

Post #18494th Apr 2005 11:38 am
BN

England 

Hi Nightfox, to answer some of your questions: Software, only the dealer (at this time) will be able to tell you what version. Most are on V7 at this time. Cabin Pre-heat/Pre-cool, sorry you cannot use it. There is a problem for which I have challenged LR this morning to publically announce on this site, we are waiting with bated breath. Rev wing mirrors, no can't use as you do not have memory seats. Software may be installed, but nothing else. Cornering lights, sorry not fixed in your model. Radio tone, think this is to restore to original factory settings. Mobile, if you have a tab like little button on the right side of your steering wheel, you may have the system installed, but highly unlikely even though the software is installed. Roof bars, yep, these can be fitted retro. Sorry, but can't answer the gear question as I am a manual man. Twisted Evil

Post #18504th Apr 2005 11:39 am
NightFox

United Kingdom 

Thanks for the quick responses – they more or less confirm what I suspected anyway. Still not quire clear on a couple of issues though – I understand what “tones” refers to on the radio, but there is still one function relating to tones that I don’t understand – can’t remember what it says though so I’ll have to recheck it tonight.

I think I may have been a bit unclear on my Q. about CommandShift. What I am saying is as well as knocking the lever to the left (i.e. same as selecting Sport), do I also HAVE to change gear to select CommandShift. If I am driving in “D” and the box happens to be in 5th, and I want to use CommandShift but still stay in 5th, do I have to go to Sport, and then either change up to 6th and back down to 5th, or change down to 4th and then back up to 5th to get CommandShift?

And one other Q springs to mind - I guess that the speaker in the middle of the windscreen is the subwoofer - but what's the thing that looks like a knob on it?

Post #18544th Apr 2005 12:24 pm
DiscoMad

in command shift, the box is semi- auto; you can change gear but dont need to - it will not let the engine over rev or labour, so you dont need to chnage gear. So over in sport the box is automatic. Select a gear manually and it will hold the gear but protect the engine.

Tone control settings ;
AvC - automatic volume control
info offset - information alerts

if it is hi-line ICE, there is a 'source tone memory' which is what I described.

The sub woofer is in the lower tail gate ! The grill is for the center speker in a 5.1 system. The 'knob' is a sunlight sensor.

Post #18564th Apr 2005 2:21 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >