Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > General

LR warranty policy stink
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
OffRoader

Finland 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Java BlackDiscovery 3
LR warranty policy stink

My Disco3 has now been driven 15 000 km with the summer tyres. When changing to winter tyres, I realized that one of the tyres had been unevenly worn. The inner edge had 0 mm surface left while the outer edge has still 7 mm. Looks that one wheel has badly wrong camber angles.

The amazing part was today when calling to the service: they said that Land Rover Factory policy is NOT to PAY if these uneven wearings are reported after the first service. My first service was on September, just couple of weeks before need to change to winter tyres. So now those LR b Censored ds push me to pay all the cost: fixing the camber angles (180 euros) and also cost of that burn out tyre (150 euros).

For me it looks that LR does not much care about their reputation and customer loyalty. Maybe LR has given up already: if there is no such thing as Land Rover customer loyalty so why to bother. NOBODY except patriotic British will buy an other LR again, is that the way to read out the LR policy then, right ? Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

My comparison point is from Audi. Honda and BMW where the factory really have payed all this kind of costs during the warranty period. I have heard that for Volvo's, similar costs are even payed AFTER the warranty.

What does Land Rover warranty actually mean ?
Will there me more disclaimers, what is the next thing that warranty does not cover ? Shocked Shocked Shocked

Offroader
 -- too many modifications made to my Disco 3 to be listed in here --  
Post #991016th Nov 2006 10:47 am
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

Sorry to hear about this Offroader, I suggest you point your dealer to look at TSB LA204-008V2 which is on the Land Rover GTR website.

Post #991036th Nov 2006 10:55 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >