DISCO4.COM > In Car Electronics (D4)

LR2 vs LR4 steering wheel audio controls
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Robocop

Australia 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 SE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 4
LR2 vs LR4 steering wheel audio controls

Hi all,

I've had my (Australian) Discovery 4 TDV6 SE for around a week and I must admit i've been disappointed with the entry level stereo it was equipped with. I've been scanning this site and a few others in relation to the steering wheel controls which got me wondering. I traded my 2010 Freelander 2 in for my new vehicle. When I ordered my Freelander 2 I asked for the iPod kit. At the time I didn't realise or care what it did as long as it worked, but what I do remember is it worked through the AUX input on the stereo and I could only control the tracks etc from the steering wheel. I was happy with this and had a dedicated (nano 2) always plugged into it. For the record it worked fine with my iPhone 4.

Now I was wondering is the steering wheel controls on the FL2 the same or at least using the same bluetooth/infra-red or how ever it connects as the LR4. If so is the LR4 compatible with the VPLFE0002 or VPLFE0001 that i've read about on this site.

As far as i'm aware the mentioned module talks to the steering wheel, connects the iPod and provides a audio feed to the AUX in the stereo. I could tap into the AUX at the rear of the head unit if I so desired..

Is anyone able to assist. My apologies if i'm repeating a topic.

Cheers Rob

Post #82984930th Aug 2011 5:29 am
malky

Australia 2011 Discovery 4 TDV6 SE Auto BournvilleDiscovery 4

yo
The Australian 2011MY TDV6 2.7L and SDV6 SE 3.0L both have midline harmon/kardon 9 speakeraudio system as standard.

My TDV6 D4 [no longer available in UK ] also has steering wheel audio controls personal telephone integration system with bluetooth that works very well with an iphone 4 and a 4 year old HTC 3600i - far better than Blueant S4. [there seem to be a lot of 4's in this post !]

The only place to connect an ipod kit would be behind the center armrest - all I use is a Belkin charger cable to 12Volt outlet and connect to aux at same spot with a $5 stereo cable to the iphone when using it as an ipod.

now to get voice activation/recognition to work is another story ;^)
 +======
|[___][__\___
|...-........-.......| '0|
+--(O)-------(O)--+

TDI 300 and D3 MY06 SE and Shiraz D4 MY11 with Faerie Lites 

Post #8316625th Sep 2011 8:02 am
gonster

South Africa 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 SE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 4

HI Guys,
The voice control can be activated on the D4 through the Faultmate MSV2. Had a guy here in SA do it for me two weeks ago. It works like the bomb. It clearly understands me without correction.
I just need to get the LED's to run permanently as Daytime running lights on Auto and switch to fully on at night. Hopefully Faultmate sort it out soon.

Post #8318105th Sep 2011 4:40 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >