Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Technical (D3)

LR3 2006 2.7 TDV6
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
alexlvk96

Romania 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3
LR3 2006 2.7 TDV6

Hello guys, my name is Alex and I am from Romania! I recently purchased a LR3 2006 as my first car and I am very happy with it, the car is solid, drives well on the motorway, the soundproofing is amazing, the Harman-Kardon music system is beautiful... but, as I've seen in this forum (and as I was told by all my friends that mock me for buying a 'money-dumpster') there are a few esthetic issues that I would like to get fixed.

In this image, the car sometimes throws a red light for the parking brake, when I engage I do hear the sound it makes and I also tested it with the car in neutral on a small incline and it doesn't move. Also, every time I turn on the car I get the LOW COOLANT LEVEL error but the level in the engine bay seems to be between the max and low lines, I heard that it might be a faulty sensor or the "plastic bottle" (sorry for my awful English, I am also not very experienced with car mechanics and I have no clue about the specific terms, I hope to learn more here on the forum) needs to be replaced.
I have been to a mechanic for a diagnosis but he didn't tell me anything about it since the parking brake light turns on randomly (even while driving), but he did mentions something about the suspension (the compressor might not be working 100% correctly) even though I can rise and lower the car very easily. The suspension fault light does come one sometimes, but it only says that (no speed limit, no vehicle rising slowly) and the car doesn't lower overnight.

In the second image at the drivers and passengers pillars this is hanging quite badly, I heard I could use an adhesive to glue it back, any recommendations? I might not be able to get the same brand, but I will look for the same qualities at least.

In the third image I think I am missing some plastic cover, but I have no idea what it's called.

In the fourth image I believe that the locking mechanism for the center box (once again, no idea how this is called) is missing.

In the fifth image I am missing (or they have scratched off) the LR logo and also those "bolts" (??) seem to be broken. Is this a serious issue?

In the sixth image I seem to not have a plastic rubber over the lower door trunk (??).

Lastly, the right back window panel doesn't move even though I can hear some noise coming from it. Any idea what it is? Here is a clip of it https://youtube.com/shorts/VDfpiTU7oDs.

I want to thank you guys in advance for your help, for all those missing parts if it wouldn't be that much of a bother, could you provide some links as to where to buy them? I have to also check if they can deliver to Romania or perhaps they can be found on Aliexpress.

Thanks!

Post #229283424th May 2022 10:52 am
Hardware

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Sumatra BlackDiscovery 4

Welcome aboard !

I think your wheel nuts are like that because, as is very common, corrosion between the outer shiny stainless steel cover and the actual bolt has made the covers swell so socket will not fit to remove the bolts. Someone has removed the covers - although it looks like they didn't complete the task.

Dean
====================================

2011 D4 XS - OBD port protection, RLD spare wheel protector, All LED interiors lights, Timed Climate enabled, iiD tool paired.
2011 D4 Landmark - Stolen from same dealer before I paid for it
2011 D4 GS - Stolen whilst at dealer Sad ... All LED interiors lights, DRLs, Spare Wheel protector.
1996 300Tdi - Eaten by tin worms 

Post #229283724th May 2022 11:08 am
alexlvk96

Romania 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Thank you! I suppose it isn't a very big deal at the moment, but I will change them in the following weeks probably, they are ugly.

Also, should there be a light bulb for the drivers side too? The passenger does light on and I've seen some YouTube video where there is a light over the pedals, but I believe that I either don't have this option or the light bulb is broken. What type of light bulb would I need and could I change it myself?

Post #229283924th May 2022 11:13 am
nigethecat

Ukraine 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Commercial XS Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

Hi Alex and welcome to the madhouse Laughing

To answer some of your questions I'll number them to make it easier...

1. Low coolant level, could be a sensor or could be the bottle needs replacing, both are common issues, trial and error on this one I'm afraid... often it's best to replace both and you know it's done then ! When was the coolant last replaced ?

2. Door pillars - again common problem, I had this on mine and used Gorilla glue to fix it but any strong glue will do, alternatively replacements can be found on Ebay or or through a reputable spares place such as Gentlemen of Salvage or Kent 4x4 breakers (there are lots of others but it depends who will ship to Romania). The clips sometimes break so maybe order some spares (always useful).

3. Yes there is a missing cover, search ebay for "LAND ROVER DISCOVERY 3 & 4 REAR BUMPER TOWING COVER TRIM" I've replaced the clips with something like this... https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/372022758097?fi...SwIaJhi-qO
Much easier to get on and off

4. Parking brake issue, could be sticking shoes but best to get the codes read on the car and that will help with other issues, the default reader on here is the GAP IID tool but an Autel white AP200 works just as well. Best to service the park brake (EPB) and see if it's still operating correctly

5. Centre cubby, you can buy either a lid or complete cubby on ebay (there was one on here not so long ago (I think LT had one?) or replace with a fridge unit if you don't already have one!

6. Wheel nuts, definitely replace them with solid wheel nuts, the original LR ones are chrome covered and swell preventing you taking them off, complete sets can be found for around £45 upwards.

7. rubber cover on the boot - think replacements are available check out the site sponsor www.advancedfactors.com they have lots of spares listed.

8. Window not moving, could be the actuator or the window could have slipped off the rail - use the "search" function at the top of the page as the topic has undoubtedly been covered many times before!

Finally don't be afraid to ask questions but check with the search function as there are very few topics that someone hasn't covered at one time or another Laughing and if you haven't already introduce yourself in the "welcome" thread (you've covered most of that already!).

Enjoy the car ! Thumbs Up

Others will no doubt chip in with their advice as well Laughing
 I want to see the sweets before I get into your windowless van... I'm not stupid!

Corris Grey D4 Commercial SE 2016
Zermatt Sliver 2007 D3 SE manual (gone)
Indus Silver D4 HSE 2015 (gone)
Bonatti Grey D3 HSE 2006 (gone)
White D3 S (LHD) 2007 (gone)
Firenze Red D4 HSE 2014 (gone)
Black RRS 3.6TDV8 2008 (gone)
Rusty Green Defender 110 1997 (gone)
Black FL2 HSE 2013 (gone) 

Post #229284024th May 2022 11:18 am
Pete K

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Rimini RedDiscovery 3

Your English is very good.

Low coolant - Just replace the whole bottle/tank and it comes with a new sensor. It's usually the float which can't be changed. Look on ebay. (you use your old cap)

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/173931834916?fi...ondition=3

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/384574698999?fi...ondition=3

Red (!) means low BRAKE fluid, so check the level of this is ok. It could be an error, but check it!

Footwell bulbs are 5W5 (5 watt capless)

Post #229284624th May 2022 11:44 am
nigethecat

Ukraine 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Commercial XS Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

The rubber part you are missing from the tailgate can be found here..
https://www.island-4x4.co.uk/lower-tailgat...39457.html
 I want to see the sweets before I get into your windowless van... I'm not stupid!

Corris Grey D4 Commercial SE 2016
Zermatt Sliver 2007 D3 SE manual (gone)
Indus Silver D4 HSE 2015 (gone)
Bonatti Grey D3 HSE 2006 (gone)
White D3 S (LHD) 2007 (gone)
Firenze Red D4 HSE 2014 (gone)
Black RRS 3.6TDV8 2008 (gone)
Rusty Green Defender 110 1997 (gone)
Black FL2 HSE 2013 (gone) 

Post #229297025th May 2022 7:09 am
V8man

Ukraine 2007 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

Your english is better than some "english" people Laughing
I thought the red brake light came on when the wear sensors on the brake pads are operative ( i.e pads are worn ) it lights up intermittently at first then stays on once the sensor is worn down far enough.
 1996 Defender -died (now in landrover heaven😇)chassis to ashes , rust to dust !
2004 Defender td5 gone
2012 Evoque gone
2007 D3 V8 HSE 

Post #229300325th May 2022 11:40 am
Pete K

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Rimini RedDiscovery 3

That light illuminates orange for low brake pads

Post #229300625th May 2022 12:08 pm
V8man

Ukraine 2007 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

Ok pete my mistake Embarassed
 1996 Defender -died (now in landrover heaven😇)chassis to ashes , rust to dust !
2004 Defender td5 gone
2012 Evoque gone
2007 D3 V8 HSE 

Post #229301325th May 2022 1:13 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >