Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > General

Lumbar support in 2006? Still there?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Mark D

United States 2008 LR3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverLR3

Grommet and others,

Just a follow up to my question about when lumbar support may return to the HSEs here in the USA. I asked my LR dealer to inquire with their parent company and here's the official response: The lumbar support was stopped on the 2006 HSE as it interfered with side airbags. They are currently working on a new design for the lumbar support which is more airbag compatible, and they're hopeful that it'll be in the 2007 models (i.e. don't hold your breath for it to be in the late 2006 vehicles).

My LR manager also confirmed the satellite radio on upcoming 2006 models. I didn't ask him about the tire pressure monitoring.

Do any of you guys know if they've put the lumbar at a halfway out sort of setting (as a compromise) on the 2006 or is there simply no lumbar support on the 2006 HSEs?

Mark D

Post #3448224th Dec 2005 12:14 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
grommet

United States 

I recently drove a North American '06 HSE without Lumbar Adjustment. It's less firm than I'm used to (I set it firmer). There is something there -- I guess it's about 1/2 or 1/3 as firm as the maximum setting on mine. Initially it was less comfortable than I'm used to, but I was able to adjust the seat back and came up with a decent compromise.

Too bad you didn't get an answer to why the NA '06 Owner's Guide has instructions how to use the Power Lumbar Adjustment controls, which no Disco 3 or LR3 has. Smile

So, what's the deal in other markets? Why do they still get Lumbar Support? I assume everyone has side air bags, correct?

Post #3448724th Dec 2005 2:04 am
Mark D

United States 2008 LR3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverLR3

Grommet,

Sorry about bouncing around forums - it seems we frequent the same places.

At the time with the LR manager, I didn't think to ask why the airbag was suddenly in conflict with the lumbar support and why this wasn't an issue with the 2005 HSE's in the USA and / or any of the 2006 HSE's in other markets. However, I wondered afterward.

This ticks me off. I suspect that we're not getting the whole story as the rest of the world has lumbar with their 2006 HSE's and LR has had no trouble coupling these two items in the RRS or RR.

Mark D

Post #3452124th Dec 2005 3:10 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >