DISCO4.COM > General

Make your problems known
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Malcolm

England 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Tonga GreenDiscovery 3
Make your problems known

Dear All,
Rather than chatting with each other , nice as it is, e-mail this guy marc_mustard@dennis.co.uk who is a journalist from Autoexpress who has run one and will be running a second article on my good fortune with LR.
The first article made LR move up to a whopping £500 offer of compensation and many voices attract attention! LR just seem to be pretending that nothing is wrong.

Post #317768th Dec 2005 2:17 pm
Slimer
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

I disagree, the purpose of the forum is to chat and discuss our experiences with the Discovery 3. The guy from Auto Express should sign up and join in, if he wants to publish anything from the site he should contact Martin and take it from there. He will get a much better idea of what owners think on here than he will from the few people that bother to email him
 The End  
Post #317788th Dec 2005 2:24 pm
Malcolm

Good point, I guess if he is worth his salt he will be able to find this site via a web search as I did.

Post #317808th Dec 2005 2:27 pm
10forcash

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

If the journo manages to find Disco3.co.uk it may not be of much use as there are many positive experiences shared - and people actually seem to enjoy ownership of their vehicle most of the time Shocked Shocked ...not what most journo's actually want to hear about any vehicle really Rolling Eyes

Post #317908th Dec 2005 2:43 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Malcolm

It's odd have read this for a couple of days there seems to be two camps 1) the owners who have 100% vehicles and love them, as I do when it works.2) The owners who have returned one or more vehicles and just don't seem lucky. Just strikes me this is a high ticket price product with a rather hit and miss reliability rate.

Post #317998th Dec 2005 2:53 pm
Pelyma

England 

Do you think journos look at the site then? Must be easier to let the story come to then, that's how most the finance stuff gets written. A person such as myself gets in contact with a journo for a story they rewrite it give me a mention - job done!
 DS3 TDV6 HSE - Silver with Alpaca (old one) Gone
DS3 TDV6 HSE- Silver with Alpaca (new one) Gone
D4 HSE Lux - Montalcino Red Gone
Porsche Cayenne V8 Diesel S 

Post #318008th Dec 2005 2:56 pm
BN

England 
Re: Make your problems known

This site does get attention from LR and many dealers. Martins keyrings put the awareness into any dealership that a car goes into for attention or service now. As a one marque site the following is remarkable and the members normally very understanding and very sensible. Journalists don't report on 'the norm' that is not news. We deal with the situations as they come along and usually with some degree of success and we are not a 5 second mag item seller for the press.

There are only 2 journalists who I know who I would even consider talking to for a piece in a magazine and one of them teaches our Newbies and as well as being a LRE senior instructor and his son the 9 times European Champion now. The other is also a very experienced 4x4 expert, are Auto Express 4x4 experts ??

We also own the vehicles in the majority and find them brilliant. It is better to get them sorted than give the press a story.

Post #318028th Dec 2005 3:01 pm
10forcash

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Todays news = tomorrow's Censored wipe...

Post #318078th Dec 2005 3:17 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Martin
Site Admin and Owner 

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

Bear in mind that Auto Express will just take a quick story to get magazines off the shelf - and may just tar all D3 owners (or members of DISCO3) with the same brush. So please think about it before contacting any magazine.

This is a site for all aspects of D3 ownership - not simply a forum for problems to be aired, but for D3 owners to share information, learn and help each other. 8)
 06 D3 SE / 15 LR D90 XS SW / 88 LR 90 Td5 / 68 BMW 2000 ti
Any issues with the site let me know! 

Post #318378th Dec 2005 6:13 pm
Pelyma

England 

In AE defence they do run a D3 long term more than any of the LR magazines do. I'm not so sure that the Journos mentioned would really be writing the sort of article anti D3 anyway, but trust none is my moto.
 DS3 TDV6 HSE - Silver with Alpaca (old one) Gone
DS3 TDV6 HSE- Silver with Alpaca (new one) Gone
D4 HSE Lux - Montalcino Red Gone
Porsche Cayenne V8 Diesel S 

Post #318568th Dec 2005 7:49 pm
simon

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

I've always found Auto Express to be grossly inaccurate and sensationalist with most of their news articles... tend to read its rather more serious and respected sister mag Autocar.

Post #318768th Dec 2005 11:15 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >