Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > General

Manual gear selection problem
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Andyg69

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 Commercial XS Manual Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3
Manual gear selection problem

Hi everyone, I've not had to ask any questions before about my disco as any little niggles have been sorted by searching on the site but as for this one, I can't find the answer, so hoping someone may be able to shed some light.
The car is a late 2007 manual commercial , just turned 100k miles and has been pretty much faultless since January this year when I got it. Im not exactly sure what caused this problem as my daughter went to move the disco off the drive to move another car off and said she struggled getting reverse gear, stalled it, and now the car is stuck in reverse.
The gear selection display on the dash says the car is in neutral but it's actually in reverse gear with no sensors sounding and no reverse lights on, so you can only start the car with the clutch in. The gear stick is very stiff and will only move into what the dash says is 3rd and 4th gear with no other gear selection available and the clutch feels normal, with no faults showing on the dash.
I removed the plastic under tray from below the gear box to see nothing unusual so then spent a few hours removing the centre console to check the gear linkage hoping the selector may have come loose but all seamed fine visually.
I'm currently waiting for my local indie to come and collect it as its stuck on the drive at the moment but getting a little worried about the outcome but still hoping it could be a easy fix! If anyone could suggest anything I may have missed or over looked that would be appreciated . Thanks Andy.

Post #18534892nd Sep 2017 7:43 pm
ThamesD3

Portugal 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Might be this circlip that has broken.

https://disco3.co.uk/forum/topic70358.html?highlight=gearbox+clip
 D1 300TDI ES. just kept going, sold at 170k miles, body beginning to rust
D2 TD5 GS. sold at 140k, chassis beginning to rust
D3 TDV6 SE. 194k Still going. 

Post #18534972nd Sep 2017 8:19 pm
RCTman

Wales 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 GS Manual Unknown ColourDiscovery 3

Hi, I have a problem when trying to select 1st gear, the gearstick goes into the reverse, like if there is no stop there to stop it going into reverse. I can find 1st gear after fiddling about and it selects in and out of all the other gears as normal, would this be that "detent spring clip" or some other fault. Its a 2008 tdv6 gs.

Post #19725619th Aug 2018 11:00 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >