Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Technical (D3)

Mayday mayday
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123
Discodeeva

United Kingdom 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 XS Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Yipee, Razz Went to the local LR garage to pick up my D3 and was greeted by a bill which LR had decided to pay half. The compressor had indeed "gone" but they subsidised me for some reason. (3 and 1/2 years old). Quality....

Booo, Big Cry Playing around with the suspension at home and its clear it has not been repaired correctly. Rear raises then the front takes 30 secs if not more to raise. The typical "will raise when cooled appeared". The manuel does say that this is not a problem!! For me it is, anyone else?
 discodeeva  
Post #51993414th Sep 2009 8:28 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
philhunt

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

If you play with it you're very likely to get the message raising slowly or will raise when cool. It's not designed to go up and down between levels like a yo yo!
 Clubs Mantec, Tasmods, LEDS, AT2s on 18s, Maxxis Bighorns on 17s, Remote FBH, BAS. ReMap, BSS., RLD Personalised SWP., Safari Snorkel, Faultmate, Three Musketeers & MUD

Post #51995014th Sep 2009 8:59 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Discodeeva

Thanks Phil,

I realise that! But I would expect for the first 2 times at least this would be fine. It does not react as before the old compressor broke so I guess it's back to Markotters for another visit.
 discodeeva  
Post #51995914th Sep 2009 9:11 pm
philhunt

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Back to the dealers then. Good Luck.

Any idea why LR decided to contribute to the bill or did you press them to cough up all or part of it?
 Clubs Mantec, Tasmods, LEDS, AT2s on 18s, Maxxis Bighorns on 17s, Remote FBH, BAS. ReMap, BSS., RLD Personalised SWP., Safari Snorkel, Faultmate, Three Musketeers & MUD

Post #51997514th Sep 2009 9:25 pm
Discodeeva

Bit of a language barrier with the dealer as I am in Germany. The dealer just said that LR had paid half, now that does not happen very often.

At least the compressor waited until I had finised an 1800mile journey to/from Italy with a twin axle caravan. Pheww.
 discodeeva  
Post #51998214th Sep 2009 9:35 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >