Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > My Discovery 3

Mellor Moor
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
SN

Mellor Moor

Thought I'd take the long way home at lunch today...

...via acouple of byway's on top of Mellor Moor

Primrose Lane

Black Lane

Was absolutely foul up there weatherwise - but an entertaining 20 minutes nevertheless - its getting quite boggy up there!
 Steve N | 21MY Defender | 08MY Discovery 3 (history) | 06MY Discovery 3 (ancient history)   
Post #10354321st Nov 2006 2:58 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Nigel Tracey

Switzerland 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Hey Hey, Nice to see some pictures from home ! I know the road (if you can call it that) well. Even ventured down it in my first car, a 1974 VW Polo. You can continue around the back of the Golf coarse and down to the Roman lakes. It's a nice route although usualy alot of Horses. You can even link up with Strines road and come out at the old textile mill near the Sportsman pub.

Great to see you have nice Cheshire weather.......
 Mrs Jones ? We've come for your Liver  
Post #10369821st Nov 2006 10:14 pm
SN

A small world! - when I get the chance again I will go and investigate the Linnet Clough lane and another tighter one that comes up from Roman Lakes into the bottom end of Mellor

I went up there after getting thwarted nearer to home on the back of Werneth Low on Beatom Lane which quite clearly runs down from the Golf Course past about 3 farms into the back of Compstall - ran into a sign in the middle of nowhere saying "Bridleway - Authorised Vehicles Only Past This Point" - so had to turn round Sad I'm going to try it from the other end next weekend Wink
 Steve N | 21MY Defender | 08MY Discovery 3 (history) | 06MY Discovery 3 (ancient history)   
Post #10371421st Nov 2006 11:11 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >