Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > General

Metropolis and/or HSE Looking to buy tomorrow
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 3 123>
disco

Metropolis and/or HSE Looking to buy tomorrow

I think the time has arrived. looking to buy a HSE or Metropolis tomorrow. All views apprecieted, price info, best deals etc. Looked at one today and noticed the manufacturer's stickers said "05". Have they been standing in a compound somewhere? Were they all made in one batch? What is the best price known?

Post #820801st Sep 2006 10:05 pm
JMC

Scotland 

Get an HSE. Why waste £4k on stick-on accessories that can be had for a cost of £2k????

Post #820811st Sep 2006 10:08 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
disco

I know what you mean especially as the first thing I would do is unscrew the chrome pipes and weigh up if I could take the door mirror bling off. Looking for silver with factory fit privacy glass for immediate delivery - everyone seens to have a Metropolis in their showroom, hence the gravity towars one. So I would amend your comment to "why pay £4k for factory fitted privacy glass?"

Post #820831st Sep 2006 10:13 pm
JMC

Scotland 

There is one in the showroom at Lakeland Land Rover in Cumbria (at least there was a few weeks ago). Give Ryan Sim a call.... Tell him sent you and mention disco3.co.uk.... Wink

Post #820841st Sep 2006 10:18 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
disco

Ryan PJ or Ryan Sim? If it is Ryan PJ then the guy is asleep. Given up trying to get him to return my call.

Post #820851st Sep 2006 10:23 pm
JMC

Scotland 

disco wrote:
Ryan PJ or Ryan Sim? If it is Ryan PJ then the guy is asleep.

Which part of "Ryan Sim" didn't make sense? Who's PJ Confused

Post #820911st Sep 2006 11:46 pm
disco

There are two Ryans there, Ryan Sim and Ryan Parkinson-Jones. Both are in Sales.

I think you said "ask for Ryan" so I was just clarifying which one you meant.

Post #821082nd Sep 2006 6:42 am
disco

JMC - I'm sorry, I have just read your original email and you did say Ryan Sim.

I dealt with Ryan Parkinson-Jones but it felt too hard when I was trying to spend circa £40k with him that I wasn't getting returned calls. the icing on the cake was when I called one afternoon and was told he would call me back and he didn't and then he was off the next day.

Don't get me wrong, they seem great people and probably (in my view) one of the best dealers in the UK because they are small, independent and interested in what they do.

They are my local dealer and I almost certainly would use them for servicing, but eveyone is so b!00!!y sleepy around here when it comes to all things commercial. Half of the people still have not woken up to the fact that we have been decimalised; the shops still tot up on brown paper bags. The exception is the local petrol station who is the only local user of a bar code scanner and he is liviving in the future and not the past with his fuel prices. I think they should have a local rate and a tourist rate.

Post #821092nd Sep 2006 7:32 am
retired

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

I recently bough an SE auto. Didn't buy HSE as I didn't want the additional bits over the SE. However, during my negotiations got offered an HSE for £38k. This price seemed to driven by a LR incentive and I absolutely had to take delivery by end July.

Suspect there are often incentives about and that timing is important to get a good price.

Worth trying multiple dealers as discount available varied widely.

Post #821112nd Sep 2006 8:45 am
disco

Yes - I think month end or better still quarter end is the time to do a good deal. But your offer for July blows a hole in the quarter end theory.

Any dealer out there wanting to do a deal for HSE in the £38k region, or Metropolis discounted to the same level please PM me.

You would expect that when the sales guys have finished handing over all of the new 56 reg cars that they would be called into a room and told to focus on the quarter results??

Also big last minute question:

Am I right that D3 does not have TV on the HSE until 07? When will 07 model be in showrooms? Does the DVD system in the Metropolis have TV?

Post #821132nd Sep 2006 8:56 am
oliver77

Wales 

Disco 3 doesn't have TV function as an option (£500) until 2007MY which means cars in the showroom for End of october. The DVD on the metropolis is just a DVD player that blocks out your rear view.
Dealers will be keen to deal on what they have in stock rather than a factory order.
If you're looking at used you should avoid ones which have the first owner as the Scot Group as these have been hire cars.

Post #821582nd Sep 2006 6:06 pm
disco

Oliver

I'm looking new, but don't want to wait until October. Does the DVD block the rear view when stowed?

Looking at the 07 spec, I am surprised that the widows don't go up and down on a single press on the earlier models - or have I got this wrong?

Post #821612nd Sep 2006 6:15 pm
randalls

Scotland 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

I reacon Disco lives in western Cornwall LOL
 Bow downSheep 2007 TDV6 HSE 'Silver Lady'. With 'free' privacy glass LOL.
Taking the greenpi$$ is: Green taxing your citizens more & using some of the money to buy nukes.Bow downSheep 

Post #821622nd Sep 2006 6:21 pm
simon

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

or some distant planet that no one has ever heard of Yawn

Post #821782nd Sep 2006 8:30 pm
JMC

Scotland 

randalls wrote:
I reacon Disco lives in western Cornwall LOL

Nope Shocked I reckon he is in Cumbria and quite mis-understood - a lot to do with a general lack of Forum experience......

Post #821832nd Sep 2006 8:40 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 3 123>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >